It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God All-powerful?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   
If there is indeed a God, and he is all-powerful, why did it take him six days to create the earth? And then the obvious question, why did he need to rest on the seventh day? Is the whole story of creation just a metaphor possibly?

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 04:25 AM
link   
What,. do you think He didn't deserve a bit of a break after creating the entire universe in 6 measely days?

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Is thios conspiracy or spiritulism? I think this is on the wrong site. Mayhaps this belongs on BTS?

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Is thios conspiracy or spiritulism? I think this is on the wrong site. Mayhaps this belongs on BTS?

Hm, you're right. My bad, I'm still getting used to all this, still new to this. Not that you need permission, but please feel free to move it.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Man, don't feel bad; I'm still getting used to the place and I've been here for a few years now!

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by an3rkist
If there is indeed a God, and he is all-powerful, why did it take him six days to create the earth? And then the obvious question, why did he need to rest on the seventh day? Is the whole story of creation just a metaphor possibly?

If you beleive in both God and darwins theory, maybe a "day" was a few hundred million years! If it was 6 of our days then, heck, give the fella a break, he had to thinkup creatures, plants etc, figure how to make it all work together and be self sustaining, how close to put it to the sun, ratio of land/water, design it all etc etc. And have you ever filled a pool? you know how much water is in the oceans and seas? Then he had to figure how fast to spin it to create gravity, how many worlds have you made?

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
i dont believe darwin...he married his cousin..true. god can do what he wants i think...a good comander in chief always leads by example...he rested we need to rest in our lives............he said 6 days it was 6 days....he could have taken 1 second or 20 thousand years its his ball game! all we do is get the privelage to grace the earth with our small questions , and fragile faith....a vapor a mist that appears for a short time...

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Most of the people on this forum are expecting me to show up here. I visit this issue constantly.

There are more convincing reasons to question an all-powerful status of God than the one you are presenting, but its still a good point. God supposedly lives outside of our time. The fact that days were referenced make me wonder why time would be used as a reference at all.

I find it hard to believe that the literal description of creation in the bible was not meant to be literal. Everything else according to christians is literal. Well, that is until it goes against what they are told to believe. When it was wrote that earth was created in days, that is what was meant. Does that bring other questions into play, like his all-powerful status? If you want it to, yes.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
so...what do you believe?where did we come from? where did this universe come from? what are we here for?

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by an3rkist

i havnt seen one creationist post yet that has directly answer this question

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninki
where did we come from? where did this universe come from? what are we here for?

Why does it have to come from anything? Why cant it just be? Why cant we just be?

Because its to hard to just be, we as humans have a notion that we are apart of something. We are just here. We are the object of chaos, the only diffrence between us humans and any other body in space is the way our cells are aranged.

Look at othere solar systems as am living body, needing all the smaller parts to make a single product in space.

[edit on 17-12-2004 by SpittinCobra]

top topics

join