It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The legend is Real.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Search on Youtube for Clueless Gamer Conan O'Brien Atari 2600 games review. He reviews E.T. , River Raid, Pitfall and Space Invaders.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The crazy thing was this game probably came with very little if any instructions. You were just supposed to figure out all that stuff on your own through trial and error. Part of the game was figuring out that little puzzle hehe... and usually people would lose the instructions anyway so even what little help they provided was usually not available unless you bought the game yourself brand new. Watch that ET walkthrough and imagine trying to figure out what to do with no instructions or just the following for instructions: joystick- move red button- action

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I remember that game, should be the worst I ever played, and the developer is now signing autographs WTF

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
E.T., Atari games found in Alamogordo up for sale

By Jacqueline Devine

www.alamogordonews.com...

Tularosa Historical Society Vice President Joe Lewandowski said they're selling the first 100 cartridges on Ebay just to get an idea of about how much they'll be going for and then they will sell another 750, and possibly 800 more. "We don't have an idea of how much they're going to be. No one has ever done this before, and after this no one is ever going to do it again," said Lewandowski. "We're selling them on Ebay because it's the best thing to hit worldwide and this is a worldwide phenomenon. I got people from England, Spain, Italy, Thailand, and basically places all over the world asking for them." There will be nine different titles of games available which are Asteroids, Missile Command, Warlords, Defender, Star Raiders, Swordquest, Phoenix, Centipede, and of course E.T. the Extra-terrestrial. The city and the Tularosa Basin Historical Society state that the games being sold might not be in working condition as they were unearthed from thousands of pounds of waste and dirt from 30 years ago.

Lewandowski said there is still 792,000 cartridges in the landfill but it is costly to dig them up, he just wanted to prove the legend was real. Lewandowski said Atari dumped over 3.5 million other games in different landfills across the country but cannot disclose where.

www.alamogordonews.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfpint0701
Somewhere in my mom's basement is my Atari and own ET relic. That game drove me crazy! It seemed like all I did was go in circles just to end up trapped in the same board Every. Single. Time.

Still got the original documentation and box. I couldn't believe it when I started reading that this was supposedly a "rare" game. Maybe the first article was written by someone who sells on eBay regularly. With some sellers, all their items are "rare".

All three of our kids grew up with my love of humor and wordplay. It's a happy memory of all the banter that went on as they either played games on my 2600 or my 800XL. Like you, we all found ourselves in that one pit and never did figure out how to get E.T. back out. I had to laugh, though, every time one of them had E.T. get something from the little boy, Elliot. The standard line from them was, "Thank you, Idiot."

edit on 11 25 2014 by CornShucker because: spelling

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Dang it, I had this game, the box and everything. Now the market will be flooded with them. My sister and I played this game all of the time. Looking back it made no sense, but we played the heck out of it anyway.

<< 1   >>

join