It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The legend is Real.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The rumors were apparently true... a stash of E.T. " relics" buried in the New Mexico desert where unearthed earlier yesterday. Film director Zak Penn was there for the unearthing near Alamogordo N.M . He was qouted as saying " You didnt come out here for nothing" to a crowd of excited cheering people. This is from the L.A Times so its legit imho.

The article is quoted as saying:

For decades, conspiracy theorists wondered: Was it true that hundreds, if not thousands, of "E.T." cartridges (remember those?) had been secretly buried in the desert near Alamogordo, N.M.?

Here is a link to the article discussing the load of E.T. "relics".

www.latimes.com...

I was unaware of this conspiracy but man it feels good when us crazies get one right every now and again
Remember guys Deny Ignorance and always seek truth.

Have a great sunday everyone. The devil is always in the details.
-CJ
edit on 26-4-2014 by CitizenJack because: clarification

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CitizenJack

Boy, this has gotta be the biggest break through this century, I wonder where else these E.T artifacts will pop up?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
S&F!

1stly ... LMAO!

2ndly That may be a small goldmine ... either as collectors items OR for recycling the electronic components!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

ET the Atari game? Huh.. I always thought that was just a story, but apparently not.
edit on 26-4-2014 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I can't wait to read all the silly comments that follow. It will show how many truly don't read the links before posting. Should be fun...

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

I swear I remember mumbles and whispers from years ago .... My uncle claimed to own an E.T artifact everyone always called him crazy and swore he was off his rocker.

Hmm. perhaps its time to check my uncles attic , maybe there was a grain of truth to this family secret. : )

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

First it was the relics, then the real thing - we must prepare for Space Invaders.

LOL - thats gold mate. S&F.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

Glad you appreciated the article and thread. With a name like diet joke I would expect no less from you.
I now want to find an a system and see what the fuss is all about.
Or perhaps an emulated version.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: GNOarmy
I can't wait to read all the silly comments that follow. It will show how many truly don't read the links before posting. Should be fun...

I was thinking the same thing. It doesn't help though that the OP says "ET relics" instead of mentioning the fact that the ET cartridges are video game cartridges, but people still should read the article attached, although the OP is supposed to give a summary, which didn't happen here. Personally I don't care either way, lol. I wonder how much these will be worth to collectors? And I wonder how they were able to find them in the first place?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I say to those and any other space invaders challenge accepted!!!

That was one of the first game I ever played (high score holder) along with pitfall. So im ready to handle any extraterrestrial threat or roam the jungle and conquer any terrestrial threats.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I can remember playing this game back somewhere in my single digit years..
There's a good reason why they dumped em all..

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Somewhere in my mom's basement is my Atari and own ET relic. That game drove me crazy! It seemed like all I did was go in circles just to end up trapped in the same board Every. Single. Time.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: halfpint0701
sadly that's the malfunction of a warped drive

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Coverage of the event:

Walkthrough of the game:
I remember playing this as a kid on the old Atari, I'm not that old really!

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: youdidntseeme

Wow after seeing that walk through I honestly think we are making a huge mistake.
We need to bury it back in the earth, the generations before us were wise in their ways.

Thanks for that because that was an atari game I never played. Now I know I'm not missing out on anything.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CitizenJack
a reply to: DarknStormy

I swear I remember mumbles and whispers from years ago .... My uncle claimed to own an E.T artifact everyone always called him crazy and swore he was off his rocker.

Hmm. perhaps its time to check my uncles attic , maybe there was a grain of truth to this family secret. : )

I found an Enduro artefact in my cupboard along with a Sega master system and a Nintendo but I don't think it compares to what those guys found.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfpint0701
Somewhere in my mom's basement is my Atari and own ET relic. That game drove me crazy! It seemed like all I did was go in circles just to end up trapped in the same board Every. Single. Time.

River Raid drove me mad, it never ended which meant you always failed..

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I don't know it that game was harder than Top Gun on NES. Our was it just straight up pointless? Could you imagine a game developer making a game like that today? Where you just walk around and there's really no point or progress.

Oh, I just remembered my most frustrating game. Spy Hunter. That game was so hard that you had to be able to predict the future to get anywhere. Sadly, I still played it and I played it a lot
edit on 27-4-2014 by cestrup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: cestrup

I don't know it that game was harder than Top Gun on NES. Our was it just straight up pointless? Could you imagine a game developer making a game like that today? Where you just walk around and there's really no point or progress.

Oh, I just remembered my most frustrating game. Spy Hunter. That game was so hard that you had to be able to predict the future to get anywhere. Sadly, I still played it and I played it a lot

Remember when video games were insanely hard? Me and my best friend would spend hours into the night just to get past a stage on some games. Now it's just a bunch of cut scenes and hand holding as you move from one cut scene to the next.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker

originally posted by: cestrup

Remember when video games were insanely hard? Me and my best friend would spend hours into the night just to get past a stage on some games. Now it's just a bunch of cut scenes and hand holding as you move from one cut scene to the next.

Lol, you're right. It almost mirrors society and its participation trophies!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join