It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search function and Preview not working right

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Ever since ATS went to the narrow format my search function has not worked, at all. It simply hangs. Also the preview button does not work correctly either. It is sort of working now, before it didn't work at all but it still seems messed up.

Is this some settings I have wrong or is there a work in progress for the site?

Here's what I get with the search (and it seems to just hang.) The next pic is the preview which looks messed up too.

Using FF 28.0 on an XP laptop. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago
I don't know about the search problem, but my preview is different than it used to be. It's crunched down at the bottom of the screen. This one is not too bad. I use Firefox on a desktop.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

Yeah, I had the crunched version for a while as well then it went away.

?????

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I've also had problems with the preview function. Many times it simply doesn't work unless I click on it repeatedly. Also, the position and size/shape of the preview "window" seems to change randomly. Sometimes it's above the window where I'm typing, sometimes below it (and it's usually very narrow then and the text is very large).

I think when it's working correctly I get an overlay window that is a little above my typing window, the size of the text is consistent with what it will look like when posted, and the scrollbars and "X" to close the preview are all visible and working.

I'm running the latest version of Chrome.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Hopefully we'll get an answer, site maintenance or something. Because otherwise I'll be thinking it's Java orJavaScript disabled or something.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Hey there Bassago: Take into consideration your settings for sure. Lets say you have an IPhone, an IPAD, a laptop, a home PC and a work computer.

Every one of them...EACH...has a different screen size, internet settings, font size, etc...all for viewing. It can be they are all close but...some will have completely whacked out viewing due to the differences.

After checking the same webs out on different ones...see how different they are from each other. You'll be surprised at the lack of problems, and how many issues there are with others.

Nowadays we just have so many way to view the internet, that Im sure if you check the same places on each...you can tweek-out the problem your having. And you can get all your devices pretty close to each's ability to view things.

Good luck MS

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

As for the search function, it would hang on me too.

Then I disabled the Ghostery extension for the page and refreshed--then it worked fine.

I hope I didn't make a boo-boo by saying I use Ghostery on this site and on everything else too. I think at one time anything like that was forbidden

O well, seems like my choice if I don't want to be tracked everywhere I go, so I use it.
edit on 4/27/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

That is what I see for preview....and I believe that is what is should now look like....much like the new REPLY function that triggers the popup of the post you are replying to

As far as search, I just tried it and it worked fine....I'm on a Dell Optiplex using Waterfox.

One question, are members using current versions of their browsers?
Maybe updating is needed??
And then there is always clearing cache and cookies....with the updates to ATS, that may be needed??

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on Sun Apr 27 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Always clear the cache at the end of each day so that's not it.

FF 28.0 is current and all plug-in's and extensions are updated. No ad-blocker for ATS of course but do have some other security plug-in's so I'll have a go disabling them one by one to see what happens.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

You may need to clear the ATS cookies.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

check no script.

an example: the new media tool bar on the right....it is "sharethis.com" under noscript.

If you are blocking scripts, unblock them on this site. I would recommend "allow all" on ATS. In my years on the internet, ATS is one site that has earned 100% of my trust.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

OK that got it. Added ATS to the whitelist on No-script and reply and preview work now.

Thanks very much!

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Modern websites, especially those that really on a singular primary code base for both desktop and mobile, rely on a great deal of JavaScript. If you use NoScript (which I personally despise), many websites will have apparent issues.

top topics

join