It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy apologizes for race remarks

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Militant Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy on Friday apologized for his comments published this week on African Americans and slavery but refused to back off from his intended point that the federal government was too powerful, saying that his remarks came “from the heart.” In a daily news conference from his ranch in Bunkerville, north of Las Vegas, the 67-year-old rancher, who is in a prolonged battle with federal officials over grazing rights on public lands in Nevada, said he was not a racist. “I’m probably one of the most non-racist people in America,” he said, standing on the back of a long-haul truck trailer with an American flag in the foreground. He suggested that his comments were misinterpreted.

It's good to see he was man enough to apologize for what he said. If a person says they are sorry for what they said then they should be given a second chance. As far as I'm concerned to him being a racist the slate is wiped clean.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Your a big person Buster!!!!

I know you don't care, but damn, you just gained some respect I never thought I could give you!

Regardless!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Absolutely! Now, I'd like to see him continue the trend by really standing up for what he says he believes in.

He has repeatedly said he doesn't recognize the US Government.

I would like to see him get behind this statement and immediately renounce his American citizenship.

(post by seeker1963 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Absolutely! Now, I'd like to see him continue the trend by really standing up for what he says he believes in.

I would like to see him get behind this statement and immediately renounce his American citizenship.

I really don't want to nitpick but he has said he doesn't recognize federal authority when it comes to the land he has been grazing on. He thinks the land should be under the state not the Feds.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

What does recognizing the authority of the Federal Government have to do with citizenship?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Buster, actually I completely appreciate the sentiment of your OP. For the record.

Bundy has gone way beyond that comment however, on several occasions.

In fact, he says, he doesn't "recognize the United States government as even existing."

USA Today

He has been quoted as saying, “I don’t recognize the United States government as even existing.”

The Daily Beast

Bundy: "I believe this is a sovereign state of Nevada. And I abide by all Nevada state laws. But I don't recognize the United States government as even existing."

CNN

EDIT: But, I really don't intend to divert your thread to this. Congratulations to Mr. Bundy for owning up to his mistake, as you said.

I hope he finds a productive solution to his issue that settles the matter once and for all and puts no one else in unnecessary peril.

edit on 22Sat, 26 Apr 2014 22:24:37 -050014p102014466 by Gryphon66 because: EDIT>

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Militant Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy on Friday apologized for his comments published this week on African Americans and slavery but refused to back off from his intended point that the federal government was too powerful, saying that his remarks came “from the heart.” In a daily news conference from his ranch in Bunkerville, north of Las Vegas, the 67-year-old rancher, who is in a prolonged battle with federal officials over grazing rights on public lands in Nevada, said he was not a racist. “I’m probably one of the most non-racist people in America,” he said, standing on the back of a long-haul truck trailer with an American flag in the foreground. He suggested that his comments were misinterpreted.

It's good to see he was man enough to apologize for what he said. If a person says they are sorry for what they said then they should be given a second chance. As far as I'm concerned to him being a racist the slate is wiped clean.

You realize that there have been black people who have said the exact same thing that Bundy has said. Does that make those people racist as well?

It amazes me how a little video editing mixed with a dash of divide and conquer techniques still manages to work so well in this day and age.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 26-4-2014 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

he had nothing to apologize for....he didn't make any "racist" remarks...

what he said was edited out of context, and twisted by stupid people in the media..

so, in essence, what he did, was apologize for the stupidity of others....

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
effinsystem ate my post
must redux

i don't believe bundy was racist in the first place at worst he speaks a lingo that is dated
This is racism:

In N.Y.C., More Abortions Than Live Births For Black Women

newsone.com...

10-Eye-Opening Quotes From Planned Parenthood Founder Margaret Sanger
...[We should] apply a stern and rigid policy of sterilization and segregation to that grade of population whose progeny is tainted, or whose inheritance is such that objectionable traits may be transmitted to offspring.
www.lifenews.com...

How Planned Parenthood Duped America

At a March 1925 international birth control gathering in New York City, a speaker warned of the menace posed by the "black" and "yellow" peril. The man was not a Nazi or Klansman; he was Dr. S. Adolphus Knopf, a member of Margaret Sanger's American Birth Control League (ABCL), which along with other groups eventually became known as Planned Parenthood.

Sanger's other colleagues included avowed and sophisticated racists. One, Lothrop Stoddard, was a Harvard graduate and the author of The Rising Tide of Color against White Supremacy. Stoddard was something of a Nazi enthusiast who described the eugenic practices of the Third Reich as "scientific" and "humanitarian." And Dr. Harry Laughlin, another Sanger associate and board member for her group, spoke of purifying America's human "breeding stock" and purging America's "bad strains." These "strains" included the "shiftless, ignorant, and worthless class of antisocial whites of the South."

Not to be outdone by her followers, Margaret Sanger spoke of sterilizing those she designated as "unfit," a plan she said would be the "salvation of American civilization.: And she also spike of those who were "irresponsible and reckless," among whom she included those " whose religious scruples prevent their exercising control over their numbers." She further contended that "there is no doubt in the minds of all thinking people that the procreation of this group should be stopped." That many Americans of African origin constituted a segment of Sanger considered "unfit" cannot be easily refuted.

www.blackgenocide.org...

the picking cotton comment:

A stunning unemployment rate among Black 18- to- 29-year-olds continues to rattle experts at 20.9 percent. According to Generation Opportunity, a national, non-partisan youth advocacy organization that released its “Millennial Jobs Report for July 2013” on Friday, Black unemployment numbers are problematic.

newsone.com...

Male African-American unemployment is over 50 percent among dropouts

dailycaller.com...

Bundy is not racist compared to the federal ewegenisists
edit on Satpm4b20144America/Chicago15 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Satpm4b20144America/Chicago16 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Buster, actually I completely appreciate the sentiment of your OP. For the record.

Bundy has gone way beyond that comment however, on several occasions.

In fact, he says, he doesn't "recognize the United States government as even existing."

USA Today

He has been quoted as saying, “I don’t recognize the United States government as even existing.”

The Daily Beast

Bundy: "I believe this is a sovereign state of Nevada. And I abide by all Nevada state laws. But I don't recognize the United States government as even existing."

CNN

EDIT: But, I really don't intend to divert your thread to this. Congratulations to Mr. Bundy for owning up to his mistake, as you said.

I hope he finds a productive solution to his issue that settles the matter once and for all and puts no one else in unnecessary peril.

[SNIPPED]

he didn't say he doesn't acknowledge the existence of the federal government....he said he doesn't acknowledge their AUTHORITY on this particular matter, and he didn't make "racist" (such a goddamn retarded word) comments. it was a social commentary on how the federal government has, over the years, hoodwinked black people into accepting one form of slavery, under the guise of liberating them from another...anyone who doesn't have their head jammed firmly up the ass of the "liberal" "left" "statist" agenda, could see that, if they took 5 seconds to go find the FULL versions of the stuff that was misquoted...

goddamn robots, think for yourselves, will you?
edit on 27-4-2014 by Kandinsky because: Removed ill-mannered comments

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Welcome to the Good-side in on-going battle of "Good vs. Evil".

2x on Seeker' comments.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

[Snipped]

Why don't you provide links for the "Holy Writ According to Daedalus" then? You didn't have the five seconds to back up your big talk?

I listed three distinct sources for the quotes I used none of which are considered to be overly "liberal" "left" or "statist."

No one is a robot just because they don't agree with your opinions. Sorry.

EDIT:

Here's the SAME QUOTE linked from Brietbart.com. (LINK) I don't think you get anymore conservative, right-wing, or whatever than that, do you? What do you need the quote from, The Blaze? Drudge? What's "right-wing" enough? Jeez, talk about gullible.

In the immediate aftermath of the infamous cattle roundup, Cliven Bundy granted a number of high profile media interviews continuing to deny—to the point of absolutely ignoring family history—what the federal courts have twice told him.

“I believe this is a sovereign state of Nevada,” Bundy recently told a radio reporter. “…I abide by all of Nevada state laws. But, I don’t recognize the United States Government as even existing.

edit on 23Sat, 26 Apr 2014 23:06:03 -050014p112014466 by Gryphon66 because: Yeah, gullible.

edit on 27-4-2014 by Kandinsky because: Snipped reference to ill-mannered comments

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Maybe the MSM will drop this issue now and get back to the real story

**BML/Reid**

Nice deflection for Reid while it lasted

edit on 26-4-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
apparently cliven bundy is a mormon

Utah War: U.S. Government Versus Mormon Settlers

www.historynet.com...

Instructions from General-in-Chief Winfield Scott to General William S. Harney on June 29, 1857, stated that the troops under Harney's command were to be a posse comitatus, and that 'in no case will you, your officers or men, attack any body of citizens whatever, except on such requisition or summons, or in sheer self-defense.'

The administration, however, whether unintentionally or deliberately, neglected to inform Utah Territorial Governor Brigham Young of its decision or directives. Utah's leaders learned of the approaching army from mail carriers, who had picked up word of the big government supply contracts in Independence, Mo. In this vacuum of information, and after 27 years of persecution, the Mormons assumed the worst. It had been only 13 years since they buried their first prophet, Joseph Smith, killed by a mob in Carthage, Ill., and only two months since Parley P. Pratt, one of their 12 apostles, had been murdered in Arkansas. Memories of mob violence and broken government promises were still fresh in their minds.

Typifying Mormon reaction, Sanford Porter Sr. wrote, '[We are] weak in number, and weak in means, but with too much American blood in our veins to put ourselves up as a target for an army to shoot at without making any effort to protect ourselves.' Popular Utah rhetoric cast the Mormons in the role of 'Uncle Sam's nephews,' walking in his footsteps against tyranny.
www.historynet.com...

this isn't a new war, its just a new battle

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412
Maybe the MSM will drop this issue now and get back to the real story

**BML/Reid**

Nice deflection for Reid while it lasted

i like to think of Reid's efforts as reminiscent of daffy duck.
pic or it didn't happen?
got pic:

btw
sandf Buster
edit on Satpm4b20144America/Chicago47 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

S/F Buster and a great thread to have caught. I agree entirely on forgiving the issue of him being a racist and how that's been carried in the media. A sincere apology goes a long way when I've heard no evidence that this is some character feature to him.

I can still disagree with the guy on a long list of other things, but these days? That racist label is a mighty powerful one. It was big of Bundy to come out and say what he did...and ditto your catching it. You could have let someone else find it, but didn't.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Approximately 12%-13% of the American population is African-American, but they make up 40% of the almost 2.1 million male inmates in jail or prison (U.S. Department of Justice, 2009)
en.wikipedia.org...

thats the new freedom?
while the cia brings in the dope and promotes the gangsta culture through media they influence and /or control?
say, where is that "inmates on strike because they are slave labour" thread again?
remember the chinese boxer rebellion and its connections to the Harrimans and opium, and the present day skull and bones of Bush and Kerry ?

i just don't see how Bundy was actually wrong except that he speaks grandpa dessert rancher speak
edit on Satpm4b20144America/Chicago47 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

The point of this thread is that Mr. Bundy has apologized for his remarks. To reiterate, and to be exact from the link provided in the OP.

“I hope I didn’t offend anybody. If I did, I ask for your forgiveness,” he said in a news conference streamed on the Internet.

This thread is about the "racist" issue being settled. Anyone can make a mistake.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join