It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Beleive in The Afterlife? Great Documentary..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I personally hate all those ghost hunter shows, with their fake spooky infrared videos and fake voices caught on tape...I simply cannot stand those ghost shows!!!

Which is why I was pleasantly surprised when I found this gem...its called "The Afterlife Investigations"

Very interesting to watch, and a bit entertaining at some points, altho I really wonder if some of the actual footage is real....the film negatives having writing and images on them was particularly spooky....Enjoy!

--GeminiSky

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Scole experiment has been discussed a few times here (hint: search). Its interesting, but the controls weren't very good overall. Still, I do enjoy some parts of it. Other parts...a bit BSish overall (especially any levitation)...the researchers are good and credible enough, but the methodology is a bit silly...and some things I suspect were hoaxed by the people they were studying.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Scole experiment has been discussed a few times here (hint: search). Its interesting, but the controls weren't very good overall. Still, I do enjoy some parts of it. Other parts...a bit BSish overall (especially any levitation)...the researchers are good and credible enough, but the methodology is a bit silly...and some things I suspect were hoaxed by the people they were studying.

But you have to agree...some things in this video CANNOT be explained...hence the need to share it with others....

GS

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Geminisky

Thank you. I watched the whole film. It was a great presentation, and not one I was previously familiar with.

I have to say from the information produced in the film, as well as the scientists involved, I found it very intriguing. I agree with you, from the information given in the documentary, it is definitely impressive. Having no other background from which to argue it from, I found it believeable.

I enjoyed watching this, and it will spur me to look for more information on the research that was done, especially considering the above reply.

edit on 26-4-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Libertygal
a reply to: Geminisky

Thank you. I watched the whole film. It was a great presentation, and not one I was previously familiar with.

I have to say from the information produced in the film, as well as the scientists involved, I found it very intriguing. I agree with you, from the information given in the documentary, it is definitely impressive. Having no other background from which to argue it from, I found it believeable.

I enjoyed watching this, and it will spur me to look for more information on the research that was done, especially considering the above reply.

Thats what I like to hear!! Glad you enjoyed!!

GS

edit on 26-4-2014 by GeminiSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: GeminiSky

A really good doco. Which if taken seriously by the Society for Psychical research, is as good endorsement as you are likely to get. Most of the experiments could quite easily be UFO evidence especially the Alien face materialising in the Video experiments.Well worth watching.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

A really good doco. Which if taken seriously by the Society for Psychical research, is as good endorsement as you are likely to get. Most of the experiments could quite easily be UFO evidence especially the Alien face materialising in the Video experiments.Well worth watching.

You know there does seem to be a link between ghost phenomenon and ET encounters...very deep the rabbit hole goes...

GS

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
You are absolutely incorrect in your statement that the evidence captured by ghost hunting crews is fake, because that is not the case. Even those on television actually capture real evidence, and sometimes the evidence they do capture is consistent with what other people have experienced at the same location. Knowing, through firsthand experience, that some of what they capture on film actually happens in real life, even on the off chance that all their evidence was faked it is still consistent with real evidence. But people forget that there is no need to fake evidence on such shows, IF they choose their locations wisely. Certain locations have paranormal activity virtually every single night, as unbelievable as that sounds.

But many people fail to realize that a lot of paranormal activity is quite mundane. It is comprised of unexplained sounds, voices, doors opening and closing by themselves, and just stuff like that. It is more rare to actually see a full bodied apparition, although it happens rather frequently at certain locations. I have often thought of what a great idea it would be to get some of the most ardent skeptics in some scientific fields and take them for a weekend tour of certain haunted locations, to let them experience firsthand some of the things that occur. They would probably claim that there is a logical explanation for the activity that is often experiences, noises and movement and what not, but once they were physically there, and could see for themselves that there really is no explanation, they would have a change of heart to some degree.

I find that when anyone claims that they have thoroughly eliminated all possible explanations for paranormal activity, normal explanations that is, will not be believed. Many people will think that they can do better, and can go in there and explain it in some obvious way, and this is thoroughly incorrect. It doesn't take a genius to establish whether there is a powerful airflow or draft, whether a doorknob is loose, etc...

ANYWAY, I've seen pieces of this documentary, but not the whole thing, and I concur that it is great. I have heard of some of the cases as well. The ghost writing has always been a fascinating case, and although I thought that it has been looked in to and determined to be genuine, I am not certain of that.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
You are absolutely incorrect in your statement that the evidence captured by ghost hunting crews is fake, because that is not the case. Even those on television actually capture real evidence, and sometimes the evidence they do capture is consistent with what other people have experienced at the same location. Knowing, through firsthand experience, that some of what they capture on film actually happens in real life, even on the off chance that all their evidence was faked it is still consistent with real evidence. But people forget that there is no need to fake evidence on such shows, IF they choose their locations wisely. Certain locations have paranormal activity virtually every single night, as unbelievable as that sounds.

But many people fail to realize that a lot of paranormal activity is quite mundane. It is comprised of unexplained sounds, voices, doors opening and closing by themselves, and just stuff like that. It is more rare to actually see a full bodied apparition, although it happens rather frequently at certain locations. I have often thought of what a great idea it would be to get some of the most ardent skeptics in some scientific fields and take them for a weekend tour of certain haunted locations, to let them experience firsthand some of the things that occur. They would probably claim that there is a logical explanation for the activity that is often experiences, noises and movement and what not, but once they were physically there, and could see for themselves that there really is no explanation, they would have a change of heart to some degree.

I find that when anyone claims that they have thoroughly eliminated all possible explanations for paranormal activity, normal explanations that is, will not be believed. Many people will think that they can do better, and can go in there and explain it in some obvious way, and this is thoroughly incorrect. It doesn't take a genius to establish whether there is a powerful airflow or draft, whether a doorknob is loose, etc...

ANYWAY, I've seen pieces of this documentary, but not the whole thing, and I concur that it is great. I have heard of some of the cases as well. The ghost writing has always been a fascinating case, and although I thought that it has been looked in to and determined to be genuine, I am not certain of that.

Well Im very glad to see something of substance being posted....I agree..Unless you personally have seen things go bump in the night, then you may never be convinced and always be a skeptic...however for people like me and you....these shows just prove to us we are not alone in these experiences...glad you got to see the whole docu this time...

GS

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I remember watching this documentary back when it first came out, even had a copy of it on my laptop that I showed to other interested parties. The Scole experiment was by far my favorite portion of the film; Marcello Bacci's radio was interesting, but too easy to fake in my opinion; and I was not impressed at all with Allison Dubois (although I am hardly ever impressed with "mediums" and "psychics" these days).

Like the Skinwalker Ranch in Uintah County, Utah, I think the Scole experiment is a good hotbed of paranormal activity, although neither case, to my knowledge, has been properly explored under strict scientific testing. As much as I enjoy claims of paranormal activity (having my own small archive of witness testimonials and photographs even), it is too easy and all too common for experiences to be twisted, embellished, and put forth for attention rather than scientific inquiry.

Although it may be taboo here, if you're curious about some of the opposition's arguments, there's a fairly good thread on the Skeptics Society Forum, right here, that discusses possible faults in the experiment and documentary.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Wandering Scribe

Your post is contradictory. ..You first say this is one of your favorite docus...The you offer a link to an article disputing its authenticity. ... These tactics are becoming far too common give it a break. ..

GS

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
A thread already exists on this topic, so...

In any case, it's been pretty comprehensively debunked, from what I recall (I did a fair bit of the debunking).

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Your post is contradictory. ..You first say this is one of your favorite docus..

There's no contradiction in my post.

I didn't say it was one of my favorite documentaries. I said the Scole experiment was my favorite portion of the documentary.

The you offer a link to an article disputing its authenticity.

I linked to the skeptical analysis because of your comment in the opening post:

altho I really wonder if some of the actual footage is real

I had no part in the disputation thread; neither starting nor contributing. I found it, and thought you might be interested in the angle of the skeptic because of what I just quoted above.

None-the-less, it is not "contradictory" to be interested in both the believer's and the skeptic's stance on a given topic. Unless you're familiar with both sides of an argument, how can you know which side is true?

~ Wandering Scribe

edit on 27/4/14 by Wandering Scribe because: corrected some code and a typo

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wandering Scribe

Your post is contradictory. ..You first say this is one of your favorite docus..

There's no contradiction in my post.

I did't say it was one of my favorite documentaries. I said the Scole experiment was my favorite portion of the documentary.

The you offer a link to an article disputing its authenticity.

I linked to the skeptical analysis because of your comment in the opening post:

altho I really wonder if some of the actual footage is real

I had no part in the disputation thread; neither starting nor contributing. I found it, and thought you might be interested in the angle of the skeptic because of what I just quoted above.

None-the-less, it is not "contradictory" to be interested in both the believer's and the skeptic's stance on a given topic. Unless you're familiar with both sides of an argument, how can you know which side is true?

~ Wandering Scribe

of course I agree with you.

GS

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
enjoyed this, not as much as I thought I would but I did all the same. Alot of it is really far fetched in my opinion which makes a mockery of the elements of truth that may have occured and need to be investigated further. Also very funny that Donal Macintyre is the narrator

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Scotscorps84

Glad you enjoyed..

GS

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I would love to see more effort by serious researchers, with more of an emphasis on determining and solidifying an effective, reliable communication platform between the humans that occupy these two largely incompatible realms.

We all know that if there is an afterlife, that it exists within a physical realm that is not compatible with the realm that we each presently inhabit. I do realize that many people simply reject the idea of an afterlife, but that's not a basis for scientific research into the matter. Neither is pursuing the ultimate "smoking gun" concerning the existence of the "spiritual" realm, since technology has advanced to the point where no "smoking gun" evidence is possible anymore. In short, the only real avenue forward from here is to pursue a reliable and definitive line of communication between the two human collectives, and let that line of communication be the proof positive as the intelligent and real-time exchange medium that it would certainly be, if established and stabilized of course.

I've been toying with the idea of creating a think tank that would focus on this effort from the perspective of it being a technical challenge, and certainly not the sort of ideological, philosophical, paranormal inquiry that it stagnates within at present. There's certainly enough of a tech/empirical foundation in place to allow for a place to start in that sort of effort.

The hard part would be determining the right people to comprise the think tank itself. Too many people consider themselves experts in the field of inter-realm communication even as they have no capacity to objectively qualify what it is that they're physically engaged in. Obviously, if the activity itself can't be specifically translated into a process that can be universally applied, then it's useless as a communication platform.

The thing is that if afterlife is actual, then an estimated 33 billion Earth human beings are presently living in a physical realm that we, as corporeal versions of human being, have no access to. This, if true, should be an unacceptable situation for those folks who live on both sides of the divide. Imagine the benefits inherent in permanently linking the two realms. The corporeal humans would immediately lose their fear of the unknown (death) and the post-corporeal humans would have a more prepared human being crossing over from our realm to their realm when the time came for that transition. As it is now, most people are basket cases when they transition, and that's gotta be a headache.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorEaster
I would love to see more effort by serious researchers, with more of an emphasis on determining and solidifying an effective, reliable communication platform between the humans that occupy these two largely incompatible realms.

We all know that if there is an afterlife, that it exists within a physical realm that is not compatible with the realm that we each presently inhabit. I do realize that many people simply reject the idea of an afterlife, but that's not a basis for scientific research into the matter. Neither is pursuing the ultimate "smoking gun" concerning the existence of the "spiritual" realm, since technology has advanced to the point where no "smoking gun" evidence is possible anymore. In short, the only real avenue forward from here is to pursue a reliable and definitive line of communication between the two human collectives, and let that line of communication be the proof positive as the intelligent and real-time exchange medium that it would certainly be, if established and stabilized of course.

I've been toying with the idea of creating a think tank that would focus on this effort from the perspective of it being a technical challenge, and certainly not the sort of ideological, philosophical, paranormal inquiry that it stagnates within at present. There's certainly enough of a tech/empirical foundation in place to allow for a place to start in that sort of effort.

The hard part would be determining the right people to comprise the think tank itself. Too many people consider themselves experts in the field of inter-realm communication even as they have no capacity to objectively qualify what it is that they're physically engaged in. Obviously, if the activity itself can't be specifically translated into a process that can be universally applied, then it's useless as a communication platform.

The thing is that if afterlife is actual, then an estimated 33 billion Earth human beings are presently living in a physical realm that we, as corporeal versions of human being, have no access to. This, if true, should be an unacceptable situation for those folks who live on both sides of the divide. Imagine the benefits inherent in permanently linking the two realms. The corporeal humans would immediately lose their fear of the unknown (death) and the post-corporeal humans would have a more prepared human being crossing over from our realm to their realm when the time came for that transition. As it is now, most people are basket cases when they transition, and that's gotta be a headache.

WOW....that is very interesting...perhaps this is what we are moving into at this time on our planet? is the "veil" thinning and allowing us to gain more and more access into the other realm or realms??

This is an interesting concept...33 Billion souls...still alive somewhere..out there...waiting...

GS

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The Scole experiment was done from 1993-1998. With such promising results, I have to wonder why further research hasn't been conducted?
It would be so easy to set up a camera and duplicate their tests, so I'm surprised that YouTube isn't flooded with similar videos.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

even on the off chance that all their evidence was faked it is still consistent with real evidence. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry Im not willing to accept any evidence thats faked, even if it is consistent with reports.........

Thats just a careless and nonobjective way to look at these sorts of things......and if they have faked ANYTHING then everything else they do or have EVER done should come into question

Its very important to have a strong filter for what is real and what is not real in the study of the paranormal, if you do NOT then you leave more open to speculation, which should be the complete opposite of what any researcher is trying to do.......

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join