It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I'm a Libertarian Because..."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Language Warning,,,But only a few spots to strongly press a point.

I'm a Libertarian Because...

Not much more to add that Adam doesn't cover in the vid.

I do have one question tho...Think about the points being made here and ask yourself why more people are NOT Libertarian. Seems as if it's side by side with Freedom, Liberty, Fairness, Power of people and NOT Govt. nor Corporations, Equality etc.

And if I'm correct in my assumptions that most people on these boards strongly want to defend the Constitution, protest the encroaching Police State, Despise war, the Govt, The Militarization of LEO, Agenda 21, Big Pharm, Big Oil, Big Banks....And on and on and on...

Why are there not more here standing for Libertarians? You had a chance last election and blew it so now look at what you did.

In essence, if most of us want , truly want Liberty and Freedom...what happened? And why are so many people still arguing the left/right criminals that have destroyed the Nation? Think about it...it never really got any better no matter who was in did it? And then all they did was switch places and the players merged sides depending on where the power flowed.

They're ALL the same! Don't you get this yet?

And yet what we most want...we didn't give a chance to sit in the seat to see if they could get it done. Didn't even give it a chance. Hoping that the same players would somehow change their ways and work FOR the people instead of AGAINST the people. They had more money, better clothes, more lavish dinners, great orators...and that's what you bought. Also paid for all of that as well.

Damn Shame isn't it?

Peace

edit on 26-4-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I'm a libertarian because it's the only political ideology left that embraces freedom, individuality, self-determination, personal responsibility.

SnF

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It has been said that doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.

When I was young(in my 20's) I tried to be politically active.I wrote to my representatives with my concerns and was either totally ignored or was mailed a lovely form letter that was stamp signed by the politicians flunky.I wasted 10 or more years trying to change the system from within the system.

One day it occured to me that the system was broken and broken badly.I began to tell people who wished to discuss politics with me that the two parties were different sides to the same coin. I still do this. My 60th B'day is coming soon and still nothing has changed except for maybe getting worse than it was back then. Why do people not realize that it won't change until the people demand change? See the first sentence in this post for the answer.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I'm a libertarian because it's the only political ideology left that embraces freedom, individuality, self-determination, personal responsibility.

SnF

I kinda thought you were...

And you are correct. It's also the only one that has never been given a chance but yet is at the core of what most people want.

Confusing huh?

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: lonegurkha
It has been said that doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.

When I was young(in my 20's) I tried to be politically active.I wrote to my representatives with my concerns and was either totally ignored or was mailed a lovely form letter that was stamp signed by the politicians flunky.I wasted 10 or more years trying to change the system from within the system.

One day it occured to me that the system was broken and broken badly.I began to tell people who wished to discuss politics with me that the two parties were different sides to the same coin. I still do this. My 60th B'day is coming soon and still nothing has changed except for maybe getting worse than it was back then. Why do people not realize that it won't change until the people demand change? See the first sentence in this post for the answer.

Yup, I'm 50 so I get to weigh in as well.

These parties are exactly the same but people are given the illusion of choice so they believe they are in charge. Wrong on so many levels.

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Why are there not more here standing for Libertarians? You had a chance last election and blew it so now look at what you did.

In essence, if most of us want , truly want Liberty and Freedom...what happened? And why are so many people still arguing the left/right criminals that have destroyed the Nation? Think about it...it never really got any better no matter who was in did it? And then all they did was switch places and the players merged sides depending on where the power flowed.

I think you are well-intentioned but do you not realize that the modern Libertarian movement in America and the Libertarian Party are bankrolled and ultimately controlled by a cadre of the wealthy elite in the same way as the Democrats and Republicans?

Hate the two party system? What makes you think adding a third front for the .01% is going to change anything?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I think you are well-intentioned but do you not realize that the modern Libertarian movement in America and the Libertarian Party are bankrolled and ultimately controlled by a cadre of the wealthy elite in the same way as the Democrats and Republicans?

Hate the two party system? What makes you think adding a third front for the .01% is going to change anything?

My question was if the 2 are not changing anything and are in fact the same, why not try a Different approach since that party actually stands for what most people SAY they want?

How many times can you beat yourself over the head with a brick until you say it hurts?

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Back a while ago I wrote a thread with a bit more detail to my journey in politics.it recieved little response.However I did recieve a link to a very interesting site with some free books I found very interesting. link if you are interested

book link for from dictatorship to democracy

You may find this book interesting.The others are good as well.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: lonegurkha

Back a while ago I wrote a thread with a bit more detail to my journey in politics.it recieved little response.However I did recieve a link to a very interesting site with some free books I found very interesting. link if you are interested

book link for from dictatorship to democracy

You may find this book interesting.The others are good as well.

Thank you,

On my way there!

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

"I'm a Libertarian Because..."

Because the anarchist party can't focus. Also they just hate parties anyway.

Actually the Libertarians are a little too regimented for me but we all have to make sacrifices.

Even though the anarchists can be bought off you can only get them one at a time. They can survive the 1% onslaught. Doubtful many others can.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I'm a libertarian because personal responsibility, individual freedom, and frugal government make sense.

I'm a libertarian because I don't know what is best for you, knowing that, there is no possible way a bunch of stinking rich, corrupt bastards in Washington D.C. could ever possibly know what is best for everyone in the country.

I believe in live and let live. I believe in being able to do what you will so long as you are not violating the rights of others regardless of who they are.

Libertarianism makes sense. There IS a place for government in our society, but it is on a case by case basis, not a catchall to fill politically expedient holes, or to fix "problems" that don't actually exist.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Political affiliation and self-alignment could be construed as a tool of divide/conquer, in my opinion.

I refuse to label myself, that being said, Libertarianism and my mind share similar philosophies.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I'm a libertarian because personal responsibility, individual freedom, and frugal government make sense.

I'm a libertarian because I don't know what is best for you, knowing that, there is no possible way a bunch of stinking rich, corrupt bastards in Washington D.C. could ever possibly know what is best for everyone in the country.

I believe in live and let live. I believe in being able to do what you will so long as you are not violating the rights of others regardless of who they are.

Libertarianism makes sense. There IS a place for government in our society, but it is on a case by case basis, not a catchall to fill politically expedient holes, or to fix "problems" that don't actually exist.

Thank you,

Exactly what I see as Libertarian values as well.

It just makes sense if it could be actually put in place. I know it has its problems as well but it's a Damn good start to fix the mess that's ruling right now.

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Political affiliation and self-alignment could be construed as a tool of divide/conquer, in my opinion.

I refuse to label myself, that being said, Libertarianism and my mind share similar philosophies.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

I agree.

As I see it, Libertarianism is more a value than a number. As Humanism would be or pacifism even. Maybe not the best to compare but it's to make a point.

Just IMO.

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I'm a Libertarian Because... Will,,, I don't need the Government telling me to ware a seat belt, drive 65, smile for the speed camera, buy healthcare with benefits I don't need or will never use and if I and when I need to get Vaccinated for the Flu!
I don't need a Nanny or a Royal Family.

If I need help I'll call my family:

My family know's I'm not going to spy on them like Big Government.

edit on 26-4-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

I always see the anarchists marching with the leftists and that makes me suspicious of their true motives. If they were really anarchists, why would they be marching with the folks who want to put the government in charge of everything top to bottom?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They are not true anarchists they simply like the name and co-opt it. Kind of how the left has laid claim to the term "liberal" which they are most assuredly not.

Anyone who supports big government cannot by their very nature be an anarchist.

Full Definition of ANARCHISM
1: a political theory holding all forms of governmental authority to be unnecessary and undesirable and advocating a society based on voluntary cooperation and free association of individuals and groups

ETA - Additionally many people are put off by the word anarchist as it seems to have become a word used to denote violence. I don't see it that way.
edit on 850pm2929pm22014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

I privately always assumed it's because they just want to tear down the system and create total chaos and perceive the leftists to be their fellow travelers. They don't really look far enough down the road to see what comes after which would be a very decidedly un-anarchist totalitarian government. In that, they epitomize the phrase "useful idiots."

In a sense, they're a bit like the ones who call themselves libertarian and side with the leftists, not because they've really thought through what the leftists really want but because they see the leftist platform as the perfect fusion of "legalizing all my favorite vices and enabling my hedonism while supporting me in my wallowing with big government social programs." In other words, they think the left will let them have their drugs and prostitutes and pay for them, too.

join