It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Calling Cliven Bundy a Racist Just About Shaming Conservatives? What Does This Solve? [And More]

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

You just completely blew my mind today, beezzer.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: brazenalderpadrescorpio

You're actually right. I just looked at Wikipedia. If that's the case, then I've been brainwashed too, because I've always thought that it was the Republicans who were against Civil Rights. Weird.

The great Emancipator was a Republican.

Long dead is the Party that Freed the slaves, so is the Democratic one that brought things like the NEW DEAL.

WAS, is the key here.

ONCE the parties served the people.

Its no longer the case, with any party.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

You just completely blew my mind today, beezzer.

Welcome to ATS. It happens on occasion.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: benrl

You're actually right. I just looked at Wikipedia. If that's the case, then I've been brainwashed too, because I've always thought that it was the Republicans who were against Civil Rights. Weird.

The great Emancipator was a Republican.

Long dead is the Party that Freed the slaves, so is the Democratic one that brought things like the NEW DEAL.

WAS, is the key here.

ONCE the parties served the people.

Its no longer the case, with any party.

And that's the truth.

Obama? Progressive.
Bush? Progressive.
Clinton? Progressive.
Bush? Progressive.

The true liberals and conservatives are the grassroot Occupy and Tea Party, in my humble opinion.

They see the same problem, just have different solutions.

The progressive infection infiltrates and infects both parties and all ideologies.

They (progressives) aren't looking for solutions.

They just want control.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

The true liberals and conservatives are the grassroot Occupy and Tea Party, in my humble opinion.

They see the same problem, just have different solutions.

The progressive infection infiltrates and infects both parties and all ideologies.

They (progressives) aren't looking for solutions.

They just want control.

Isn't it funny, when whats Reasonable has become the fringe.

And what we thought intolerable before the norm...

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

I actually saw the long version, and that's what I was referring to. It's a complete conspiracy.

Have you noticed the slight discrepancies in the transcripts ?

And maybe even in the videos themselves ?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: brazenalderpadrescorpio

It is my understanding that it as the democrat party in the deep south that was predominantly racist.

Republicans at the time were for civil rights.

May want to brush up on your own homework before discussing the merits of calling anyone racist.

Thought this would be helpful to go along with your comment

History reveals that every piece of racist legislation that was ever passed and every racist terrorist attack that was ever inflicted on African Americans, was initiated by the members of the Democratic Party. From the formation of the Democratic Party in 1792 to the Civil Rights movement of 1960's, Congressional records show the Democrat Party passed no specific laws to help Blacks, every law that they introduced into Congress was designed to hurt blacks in 1894 Repeal Act. The chronicles of history shows that during the past 160 years the Democratic Party legislated Jim Crows laws, Black Codes and a multitude of other laws at the state and federal level to deny African Americans their rights as citizens.

History reveals that the Republican Party was formed in 1854 to abolish slavery and challenge other racist legislative acts initiated by the Democratic Party.

Some called it the Civil War, others called it the War Between the States, but to the African Americans at that time, it was the War Between the Democrats and the Republicans over slavery. The Democrats gave their lives to expand it, Republican gave their lives to ban it

During the Senate debates on the Ku Klux Klan Act of 1871, it was revealed that members of the Democratic Party formed many terrorist organizations like the Ku Klux Klan to murder and intimidate African Americans voters.

The Ku Klux Klan Act was a bill introduced by a Republican Congress to stop Klan Activities. Senate debates revealed that the Klan was the terrorist arm of the Democratic Party.

Interesting how things have turned around in today's time
And how many things have been forgotten *sigh*

edit on 26-4-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: intelligenthoodlum33
I think using terms like liberal and conservative prevents intelligent discussion.

When will people grow up?

"People" might grow up when the politicians do.

We so often see the "Left/Right" psych-tactics used to discredit the "other" side.

Unfortunately, most of the MSMalarkey is slanted heavily on one side.

Many see that as tactic to cover the longer term agenda based on principals and idealisms that started in earnest in the mid to late 1800's.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Of course. Why else would I say it's a conspiracy?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

I knew that the abolitionists at that time were the Republicans, but I just thought that at some point — perhaps in the 30s, there was an effective apostasy within the Republican ideology. I am sooo embarrassed.
edit on 26-4-2014 by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This story is one of 2 sides trying to strech a small issue to glorify there side, to create heroes and go HA i told you i was right.

Both sides do it, most people get caught in it, and people keep up the divide and rich america keeps on laughing.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I knew that the abolitionists at that time were the Republicans, but I just thought that at some point — perhaps in the 30s, there was an effective apostasy within the Republican ideology. I am sooo embarrassed.

No need to be embarrassed
I have to polish up on my history as well

Beezzer just rang my bell and I had an 'oh crap' moment [no, not that kind] but rather a 'duh' moment. LOL

Through time tho, facts kinda get distorted or left out, if you know what I mean

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Are you really using that some democrats started the KKK back in the day, to push your agenda that the dems are more racist lol. Seriously makes no sense.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I'm surprised that Republicans don't use that point to counter accusations of racism.

What would be the point? Truth is most people would not take the time to find out for themselves. Just like you did at first when beeper pointed out the facts to you. You choose not to believe him initially and held firm to your belief that Republicans are the racist party. Then you did something that most people would not do..... you looked into it yourself.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Are you really using that some democrats started the KKK back in the day, to push your agenda that the dems are more racist lol. Seriously makes no sense.

Pardon me, no one is pushing anything

Someone wasn't aware of something that beezzer had brought up and I added more of the history

Please....try to read through ALL the posts in a thread before assuming you understand a comment sent to someone else. Which in turn was a reply to another
That's no different than taking Mr.Bundy's comments out of context IMO

edit on 26-4-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Still makes no sense to add that some dems started the KKK.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Well, it is history, can't change that fact

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: intelligenthoodlum33
I think using terms like liberal and conservative prevents intelligent discussion.

When will people grow up?

"People" might grow up when the politicians do.

We so often see the "Left/Right" psych-tactics used to discredit the "other" side.

Unfortunately, most of the MSMalarkey is slanted heavily on one side.

Many see that as tactic to cover the longer term agenda based on principals and idealisms that started in earnest in the mid to late 1800's.

Politicians will never grow up. It is up to the public to grow up and stop dividing and conquering themselves.

It's silly and will never amount to anything. Look at this thread...a bunch of people perpetuating the left/right nonsense.

Pathetic

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

That has nothing to do with the topic, you hate character assasination and seem to do the same for the other side.

But yea the KKK history is important here.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Perhaps it does when one looks at the labeling of Bundy.

We can all go on and on about the Left/Right being the same all we want.

But even that argument suspiciously seems to be coming from "one side" more than the "other side".

Almost like the "single" side is deflecting from something they themselves are guilty of.

Hmmm.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join