It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is NO SUCH THING As a Dissapearing Plane in the 21st Century.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: 0bservant

Which was only a handshake with the satellite, and would not have included GPS data even if it had actual data.

Like said in a previous post, you don't need GPS data for the RR information to be of significant value. Open your mind and rid yourself of that tunnel vision. I'm sure you know someone irl that'll help your cause?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

There was no information. You talk about researching, but ignore everything that shows there was nothing but a satellite handshake, no data. Once ACARS went offline there was no way for the data to be sent.
edit on 4/29/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: brace22
You know what annoys me the most.

Is that everyone thinks that if someone is going to do something bad. It's always the CIA.

Why can't someone else do it?

If anything this is flattering the CIA, the reason they gt mentioned is cause there probably the only people with the actual brains to pull it off. the kremlin certainly aren't capable of it, remember when they assinated litvinenko in London, that was the worst kept secret going. Oh and remember when Moscow forces tried to kill the terrorists in the theatre. They balled up the gas dosages and ended up killing 150 of thecivililians by accident.

The CIA are good at there job, thats why there always suspected

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

There was no information. You talk about researching, but ignore everything that shows there was nothing but a satellite handshake, no data. Once ACARS went offline there was no way for the data to be sent.

"A critical aspect of the EHM system is the transfer of data from aircraft to ground. Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS) digital data-link systems are used as the primary method of communication. " via rolls-royce.com

Usually when there's a Primary - there's a secondary? I guess I'm thinking like a crazy CT again.. why would they have a back up way to send data for the monitoring system? Even when my phones primary data source (3G) is out.
I can still link up to Bluetooth or WiFi via different transmitters and signals. iPhone>B777?

I'm just saying this is a phucking 777 commercial plane in 2014, lets get real, they'd have to have a backup reporting system in case the primary one fails.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

There are two methods. ACARS and SATCOM. The aircraft didn't have SATCOM per Boeing.

The aircraft was built in 2002, and had whatever Malaysian chose on it. There is no requirement for a backup system, just as they are not required to have the EHMS installed. Rolls Royce chose to offer that service, but if they really wanted to the airlines could disable it.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor

originally posted by: F4guy
a reply to: [p,t=17849236]GeminiSky[/post
The "service package" sold by Rolls-Royce is an extra cost option on a"power by the hour" basis. Malaysian Airlines did not order the option. And you are correct that some navigation methods rely on satellite contact but that contact is only one way. The GPS receiver receives the signal but transmits nothing to the satellite. And most long range airline navigation now uses redundant inertial guidance systems that are accelerometer based and not radio or satellite based.

In light of this info I'm wondering if the OP will admit he didn't research the case properly, and included incorrect information.

If you go back thru this thread you will find that the airline did in fact purchase the monitoring option from RR...its called the total care package. ..I have linked the article announcing that purchase in this thread. Looks like your the one who needs to do their research

GS
edit on 29-4-2014 by GeminiSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

You are right observant. ..the other way it transmits data is thru VHF radio. (My friend told me, IRL)

GS

edit on 29-4-2014 by GeminiSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: GeminiSky

ACARS IS the VHF system. ACARS sends through HF, VHF, or MSK modulation. VHF is limited to about 200 miles or so, and if they're out of range it sends through HF or satellite, if satellite is available.

So you're gonna start taking shots at me in your replies huh. Oh wait, you're not being sarcastic, right?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

ACARS IS the VHF system. ACARS sends through HF, VHF, or MSK modulation. VHF is limited to about 200 miles or so, and if they're out of range it sends through HF or satellite, if satellite is available.

So you're gonna start taking shots at me in your replies huh. Oh wait, you're not being sarcastic, right?

Not at all...but come on now there has to be a secondary and even perhaps a third fail safe on these planes. ...I think the term is redundancy? Im not really a sarcastic person.... IRL.

GS

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

There is no requirement for redundancy. The EHMS is an optional system on the aircraft, at the airlines request. It's there to make maintenance easier for them, not for anything else.

Since ACARS very rarely fails, most airlines aren't going to put the added weight or expense of a backup for a non-critical system.

Of course you aren't.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: kevbrownuk
Please don't attack me on this because this is merely my opinion

I truly beleive that the American military shot the plane down/have it, Don't really want to go into the reasons why, It may of been an accident, it may not.

I'm with you. It may have been an accident which I neglected to mention in my earlier post which is quoted here:

originally posted by: theworldisnotenough

Maybe planes do just disappear.

You know, World Trade Center #7 on 9/11 was supposedly in freefall for 100 feet. A physicist said that for this to happen, 10 lower floors of WTC 7 would have to just disappear, and 10 floors don't just disappear, but...

Maybe, just maybe 10 lower floors of WTC 7 were demolecularized into dust by atomic disassociation.

Maybe, just maybe Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 was similarly demolecularized into dust. This would explain the termination of the transponder and other transmissions.

Alternatively, maybe that flight was zapped into superheated gaseous plasma by some new-fangled technology.

Maybe, just maybe the stuff of chemtrails facilitates such disposition of solid objects.

I've said it before, and I will say it again: solve the mystery of flight MH370, and you may very well have solved the mysteries of 9/11 flights AA11, AA77, UA93 and UA175.

P.M.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

There is no requirement for redundancy. The EHMS is an optional system on the aircraft, at the airlines request. It's there to make maintenance easier for them, not for anything else.

Since ACARS very rarely fails, most airlines aren't going to put the added weight or expense of a backup for a non-critical system.

Of course you aren't.

Considering your long history working with numerous commercial and military aircraft, Id like to ask you to utilize your expertise in the search for the missing plane...

Could you please form a list of every one way, and also 2 way data communications device on the Boeing 777-200ER?

Please list every single device that is able to transmit voice, data, location information, and telemetry both air to ground and also 2 way traffic, both for the airplane/airframe and engines.

I feel that your knowledge in this area will really help us to get to the bottom of this event.

GS

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

No thanks. There are already people that know a lot more about the plane than I do that are doing that.

Most of those would be irrelevant anyway since they don't send position and aren't connected to the EHMS or ACARS.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pilgrum
Well technically, it hasn't really disappeared per se.
It's just that its precise whereabouts are unknown at this time.

This is true, also I have talked to some of my friends that has been involved in aircraft searches and they are wondering why they haven't searched remote areas on the ground? In some areas aircraft has been lost for years in forest and jungle locations, there were also lots of mountains that could have ended the flight.
People make mistakes, they may have been ignoring the radar sig and wasn't really noticing anything because they weren't told of any distress calls till later.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: wulff

originally posted by: Pilgrum
Well technically, it hasn't really disappeared per se.
It's just that its precise whereabouts are unknown at this time.

This is true, also I have talked to some of my friends that has been involved in aircraft searches and they are wondering why they haven't searched remote areas on the ground? In some areas aircraft has been lost for years in forest and jungle locations, there were also lots of mountains that could have ended the flight.
People make mistakes, they may have been ignoring the radar sig and wasn't really noticing anything because they weren't told of any distress calls till later.

Um even if the radar screen or signature is ignored...arent there radar tapes? Recordings? Im sure the radar actually records events too so that investigators can go and playback the events..

GS

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

No thanks. There are already people that know a lot more about the plane than I do that are doing that.

Most of those would be irrelevant anyway since they don't send position and aren't connected to the EHMS or ACARS.

Please? I think you know alot more than your letting on, this is no time to be modest! I haven't seen anyone list all the sensors on board that can report the planes location...we need your help! Dont leave us hanging here..

GS

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BeReasonable

It is a mindset and it won't stop there. Even if MH370 is located off Australia it won't be enough for the die-hard CT crowd. They will make claims that the wreckage, black boxes etc will have been planted.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommyjo
a reply to: BeReasonable

It is a mindset and it won't stop there. Even if MH370 is located off Australia it won't be enough for the die-hard CT crowd. They will make claims that the wreckage, black boxes etc will have been planted.

Actually it would be enough. You are posting on a CONSPIRACY WEBSITE. This is a CT crowd. If you dont relate what are you doing here?

If the plane is found I would be happy.

GS

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
That Georesonance company is saying they believe the plane is in the north Bay of Bengal.

www.cbsnews.com...

This new location is much closer to land, just 100 miles from Bangladesh, which along with nearby India is a major source of sea and air traffic. I can't imagine a plane crash being undetected, especially in the morning hours.

The images are quite interesting. But I'll believe it when I see it.

One thing I'd like to throw out there is the idea of some kind of decoy, whether another plane or spoofed signals and pings to throw people off the chase. There is a conspiracy theorist on Youtube who believes the MH370's twin is involved, and that the twin was actually sighted, not the 370 itself. (Apparently these planes are built in pairs.) There is a different theory every week but I've wondered about some similar types of scenarios.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: lindalinda

They're not built in pairs for the same airline, unless they roll off the line together. Boeing rolls something like 18 completed aircraft a month off the assembly line, and there are only slight differences between each one of the same model. The "twin" was sold out of the Malaysia fleet to a company that parts out retired aircraft and sells the parts aftermarket.

Each aircraft has a unique identifier that is sent to the satellite with the handshake. I believe that identifier stays with each aircraft through its life cycle, but that's not information you can normally find out without the manual.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join