It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is NO SUCH THING As a Dissapearing Plane in the 21st Century.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Pinger range is fairly short. Unless they hit a thermal layer that let's the signal go farther the range is usually less than five miles, closer top two to three IIRC.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Pinger range is fairly short. Unless they hit a thermal layer that let's the signal go farther the range is usually less than five miles, closer top two to three IIRC.

it says your mood is cranky today? What's going on in there? Talk to me goose. Im am here for you.

GS

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I believe that this plane will be found eventually, and a lot of people who seem very sure something fishy happened are going to feel pretty stupid when it turns out it was just an accident and incompetence at play.

That's just my opinion though, I'm certainly not sure of it.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: GeminiSky

::Originally posted by TDawgRex::: "If they weren't looking at the plane at the time, they would'nt see it."

::Reply from GeminiSky::: "Thats a double negative, still not with you here..."

This is barely a double negative, and far from confusing. Double negatives are not only acceptable in English, but they are often times used by more cunning writers to stylistically express their position.

If a double negative restricts your understanding of a sentence, how about these:
- I'm not feeling bad.
- I am not unconvinced by his argument.

Of course there are double negatives that should never be used, such as:
- She never danced with nobody.
- We didn't see nothing.

You get the idea.

My aim isn't to point out your understanding (or lack thereof) of grammar. My aim is to show that calling someone out on a double negative (or other grammatical error) only opens you to further scrutiny. Grammatical errors are common here and as a (slightly) rehabilitated grammar Nazi I say if you can read it and get the message, why argue about it?

Th15 is t3h 1nt3rw3bz.

Back on topic, I do agree with a lot of your points. Mainly the idea that something so stupidly massive could go missing in today's age of alleged surveillance. I'm aware of other cases of "missing" or "lost" aircraft, but with the hype of Big Brother is Always Watching growing by the minute it makes me wonder if we are overestimating our opponents.

Still so much mystery surrounding this plane, I'll certainly be following it until the bitter end.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaosComplex

::Originally posted by TDawgRex::: "If they weren't looking at the plane at the time, they would'nt see it."

::Reply from GeminiSky::: "Thats a double negative, still not with you here..."

This is barely a double negative, and far from confusing. Double negatives are not only acceptable in English, but they are often times used by more cunning writers to stylistically express their position.

If a double negative restricts your understanding of a sentence, how about these:
- I'm not feeling bad.
- I am not unconvinced by his argument.

Of course there are double negatives that should never be used, such as:
- She never danced with nobody.
- We didn't see nothing.

You get the idea.

My aim isn't to point out your understanding (or lack thereof) of grammar. My aim is to show that calling someone out on a double negative (or other grammatical error) only opens you to further scrutiny. Grammatical errors are common here and as a (slightly) rehabilitated grammar Nazi I say if you can read it and get the message, why argue about it?

Th15 is t3h 1nt3rw3bz.

Back on topic, I do agree with a lot of your points. Mainly the idea that something so stupidly massive could go missing in today's age of alleged surveillance. I'm aware of other cases of "missing" or "lost" aircraft, but with the hype of Big Brother is Always Watching growing by the minute it makes me wonder if we are overestimating our opponents.

Still so much mystery surrounding this plane, I'll certainly be following it until the bitter end.

Sorry but I dont think your rehabilitation as a grammar nazi was successful as 3/4 of your post was about my grammar, then a blurb at the end about my actual OP.

I am here for you, even with my inferior grammar.

GS

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I'm sticking my neck on the block here guys, but I'm big & man enough to take the forthcoming ridicule & negative comments. My thoughts on this planes disappearance...ET, I can hear the ringing off laughter right now! But why not?

Just discovered a fact this afternoon that fuelled my fire even more. In 2012 the number of people that disappeared from the US alone was around 1,000,000, or 3,600 per day. What the hell's going on? And more so why is no one looking into this.

I feel my views on this topic have as much credibility as other members, until I'm proved wrong, that's what I'm sticking to.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

My father was a air crash investigator for the FAA as well as a air traffic controller. I recall him telling me as a in the early 80's "no black box no plane" same applies to this day

You cant have one without the other, we had the technology to find our plane some 30 years ago. If they cant find the black box there was never a plane or they are lying .... Period. So far weve seen planes evaporate in Shanksville PA , planes the shape of a missle hit the pentagon , planes hit sky scrapers leaving no black box behind now this.

How long have they been insulting our intelligence ?

Quite a long time

edit on 27-4-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

star for you! ive been wondering the same thing, maybe it was sucked into another dimension, maybe they are lying to us and it did land somewhere. if it did land somewhere and we still cannot find it with all of our technology what an embarrassment we are!!! Other thing i was thinking they are still covering this 52 days later?? what bigger thing is going on that they are hiding from us?? sometimes i wonder why certain posts are put into skunkworks!

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
An airliner was hijacked, a battle was fought, many people died, Jihadists claimed victory and the powers that be denied everything but a missing airplane.

Carry on and remain calm.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nilitara
Just discovered a fact [...]In 2012 the number of people that disappeared from the US alone was around 1,000,000, or 3,600 per day.

[citation needed]

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
If it nose dives into the ocean, good chance that it goes missing if that happens. We can't know everything, regarding the plane we may do in time, still early days. To me I see a lack of critical thinking on your behalf before you jump on the conspiracy theories. Have you done background checks on the passengers to see any whistle-blowing, government, ex military history exists with any of them? You also have a feeling the ferry incident is linked to this? Were there any Koreans on the plane? Done any research onto if anyone was on board a ferry that makes killing nearly 300 people worth it? What motive would there be for sinking that ferry and the plane, reason to invade the ocean? Maybe the Titanic had something to do with the ferry... To me it just sounds like you refuse to believe it's missing and that's that. Get some weight behind your argument otherwise you just sound like 'sheeple'.
edit on 27/4/14 by Blue Goblin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarthFazer

My father was a air crash investigator for the FAA as well as a air traffic controller. I recall him telling me as a in the early 80's "no black box no plane" same applies to this day

You cant have one without the other, we had the technology to find our plane some 30 years ago. If they cant find the black box there was never a plane or they are lying .... Period. So far weve seen planes evaporate in Shanksville PA , planes the shape of a missle hit the pentagon , planes hit sky scrapers leaving no black box behind now this.

How long have they been insulting our intelligence ?

Quite a long time

QUITE A LONG TIME indeed. I like that saying, no black box, no effin plane!!

GS

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Goblin
If it nose dives into the ocean, good chance that it goes missing if that happens. We can't know everything, regarding the plane we may do in time, still early days. To me I see a lack of critical thinking on your behalf before you jump on the conspiracy theories. Have you done background checks on the passengers to see any whistle-blowing, government, ex military history exists with any of them? You also have a feeling the ferry incident is linked to this? Were there any Koreans on the plane? Done any research onto if anyone was on board a ferry that makes killing nearly 300 people worth it? What motive would there be for sinking that ferry and the plane, reason to invade the ocean? Maybe the Titanic had something to do with the ferry... To me it just sounds like you refuse to believe it's missing and that's that. Get some weight behind your argument otherwise you just sound like 'sheeple'.

Never did I mention any conspiracy theories. Simply that a plane cannot simply dissappear with all the tracking technology employed on a modern day jetliner. Nor can it nose dive into the ocean without leaving any debris or creating an infrared event. But still...Thank you for sharing your viewpoint.

GS
edit on 27-4-2014 by GeminiSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
"What really happened to the Malaysian airlines plane?", having the suspicion the ferry incident is related, maybe to take our minds off Ukraine. Sounds conspiracy theory to me. Like Obama was just chatting with one his secretive agencies saying "yeah lets kill everyone on that ferry and just kidnap or destroy that plane, everyone will surely forget about the situation in Ukraine now and never mention it again. be right back sending a text to their families..." You are bewildered by "sheeple's" lack of critical thinking. Well I'm just saying that's what I'm seeing here, just conspiritard reasoning.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Goblin
"What really happened to the Malaysian airlines plane?", having the suspicion the ferry incident is related, maybe to take our minds off Ukraine. Sounds conspiracy theory to me. Like Obama was just chatting with one his secretive agencies saying "yeah lets kill everyone on that ferry and just kidnap or destroy that plane, everyone will surely forget about the situation in Ukraine now and never mention it again. be right back sending a text to their families..." You are bewildered by "sheeple's" lack of critical thinking. Well I'm just saying that's what I'm seeing here, just conspiritard reasoning.

There is no need to be insulting, you are after all posting on a CONSPIRACY THEORY WEBSITE. Why in the world would you come here to post, knowing we are all such "conspiritard sheeple"

I really think its below you to stoop to our level. (bows while backing away slowly)
A thousand apologies..

GS

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I don't mean to sound as blunt as I do, just an unfortunate trait I have recently and my points sound more aggressive than I mean them to be.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeminiSky
a reply to: skunkape23

I would really like to know what other forum members here think. This reminds me very very much of the 9/11 scenario. Where we spend billions of dollars on air defense, have surface to air missiles, and the most sophisticated radars, and yet somehow conveniently let an unresponsive, radio silent airliner, slowly fly around for an hour, after 2 other airliners ALREADY HIT the twin towers, then let it hit the pentagon, one of the most guarded buildings in the country. So so convenient.

You area on the right track to explain the missing Malaysian 777, it is correlated to 9/11 and all the planes involved are made by the same company.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: WCmutant

originally posted by: GeminiSky
a reply to: skunkape23

I would really like to know what other forum members here think. This reminds me very very much of the 9/11 scenario. Where we spend billions of dollars on air defense, have surface to air missiles, and the most sophisticated radars, and yet somehow conveniently let an unresponsive, radio silent airliner, slowly fly around for an hour, after 2 other airliners ALREADY HIT the twin towers, then let it hit the pentagon, one of the most guarded buildings in the country. So so convenient.

You area on the right track to explain the missing Malaysian 777, it is correlated to 9/11 and all the planes involved are made by the same company.

Hmm ok Ill have one too

GS

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: miss_sky

star for you! ive been wondering the same thing, maybe it was sucked into another dimension, maybe they are lying to us and it did land somewhere. if it did land somewhere and we still cannot find it with all of our technology what an embarrassment we are!!! Other thing i was thinking they are still covering this 52 days later?? what bigger thing is going on that they are hiding from us?? sometimes i wonder why certain posts are put into skunkworks!

Thats true, and also lends suspicion to the whole thing...this over publicizing of the issue its crazy! Do they even show any other news on tv anymore??

GS

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

No black box? What do you think they are trying to track while they're sending in the submersible? They got the radar ping 2 weeks ago from the black box. Still it is a non issue distraction to me, why a story has like this has lasted so long is beyond me, I'm not taking the conspiracy jab on this one..... Leave it alone already.... OOO we haven't visited Malaysia in ooo idk since 1966 and all of a sudden....

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join