It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we can have Bit Coin, why can't we have our own non centralized online government?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmicexplorer
a reply to: JohnPhoenix

I actually have honestly considered starting my own country...it is indeed possible from what I read but Idk how feasible.

Basically there are some islands that are not that expensive...under 100k....you could even branch out and make large floating areas to attach to it. The problem is a lot of these islands look like one small hurricane or tsunami would wipe it out.

You could just make a commune...get some solar panels and have people that take boats back to the mainland...for supplies. This could work if you had a group of retired people or who had some income to invest or support the island. If it was successful you could then seek to break away from the government you bought it from and then declare yourself your own country to the UN. It actually has been done but not many take it serious.

If there is anyone interested in actually doing this let me know....I think a group of about 10 people could get the project going..

Ive even considered making the national language Esperanto since there is no country that has it as the national language yet there are some die hard fans of it...its easy to learn and become fluent in a very short period of time and we could raise more funding as wed be the only country to have Esperanto as our official language.

Wed also have to find a host country totally cool with it...and these are islands are pretty small so I think it wouldnt be a problem. We could even make defense pacts with the host country hahaha...lets do it! WE can also make Bitcoin our international currency when dealing with other countries...or even make our own.

Ahhh the island dream!

As I said I kinda work in the crypto-currency industry and the island has been a thing myself and my co-workers have dreamed about for some time... I think it could be pulled off! I think crypto could help us acheive it too! Hell I'm game! Lol...

You need to work out island size, people capacity and price to work out how much each would need to pay. You would also need to consider future generations so you would need to leave some room to grow...

But yeah why the hell not? Anything we put our minds to is possible!

EDIT: You could fund it like this... Make a new coin, island coin... you make each coin into a type of lottery ticket... For each coin you own you have a chance to win a place on the island... You could even trade your place after if you wished. I'm sure there are plenty of people that woulf be into living on an island. Especially in the crypto community as most of us are freedom loving types.

edit on 29-4-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Just had a quick look and found this... www.privateislandsonline.com...

But if this island is in canada it will be subject to their laws maybe? Do you have to pay island fees to canada? I have no idea how it works. But 900 acres for little over 80k usd is insane! Lol

So who is up for it? We could chip in and get this! Just over 8k usd for 10 people... Who's up for it? Seriously... lol

EDIT: Ahhhh bummer, just noticed it is non-development so I guess canada does still own and control it! Ffs... lol

EDIT: No wait scratch that, think it is just saying that it hasn't been yet lol... But imagine this, houses around the outside and the middle we have a biodigester than produces methane we can cook with. Or you could power a generator with it... Also in the central land you have your crops and livestock.

Can use solar or tidal type energy collecting devices, there was a very easy one some guy made... But yeah as long as you're free to do what you like I think it would be epic!

EDIT AGAIN: I'm such a twat lol, it is a 900 acrez island but 80k is for 4 acres of it! Lmao... I thought that was bloomin cheap! I'll kerp looking paying more attention to the particulars lol

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
www.privateislandsonline.com... m.wikihow.com...

This one is getting more like it but pretty small. Also you need to pay taxes to brazils corrupt government. You'll probably be raided every now and the too so they can extract more from you lol. I'll keep looking.

EDIT: The second link there has some info for starting your own country... It seems your best bet is making your own out at sea as no-one owns it! So, I guess we'll need a load of empty bottles lmao... Could it be done? Maybe it could? What you think? Lol

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

Ever see those communes...some of the successful ones like dancing rabbit....they have huge waiting lists....I think a good number of people is 150. There have been psychological studies on that number being that you can really get to know everyone on the island....it may be cheaper to just buy a patch of land...but there are some cheap islands with not much on it...which is ok because if its close to the mainland we can get all the supplies we needed...I added you as a friend ...ill definitely shoot you a message if I ever get crazy enough to try it haha.

<< 1   >>

join