It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former NASA Scientist: Global Warming is Nonsense

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: fripw

The only people don't think we should pay attention to such alarming possibilities are idiotic greedy capitalists who have a financial interest in destroying our planet.
And of course the dimwits who listen to them.

You didn't really just say that?
Tell me you don't mean it,,,, come on you're not one of them,,, are you?

You do remember the 1970's don't you,,,will maybe not, you may not of been born yet, But they were screaming Global Cooling and Ice Age back then.
The Science is not accurate enough yet.

edit on 27-4-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Yes, but in the 70's global temperatures had been on a slow decline of a few percent from 1940 to 1970. Since the 70's, global temperatures have increased 800% and since the late 1800s by 1400%.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: Matt1951

originally posted by: fripw
a reply to: madmac5150

One scientist's opinion is close to meaningless. 95% of SCIENTIST'S believe there is enough evidence that man is affecting the planets environmental balance in an extremely negative way. The only people don't think we should pay attention to such alarming possibilities are idiotic greedy capitalists who have a financial interest in destroying our planet.
And of course the dimwits who listen to them.

Prove that 95% of scientists believe in global warming. The initial poll was rigged, it is nothing more than propaganda by the warmists. According to Al Gore (aka manbearpig) earth should have been incinerated by now.

No-one has claimed that, not even Al Gore. The fact is, the average temperature of the Earth's atmosphere has been rising since records started being kept. The only debate is to whether this trend is natural or has been affected by human contributed carbon dioxide. There is absolutely no doubt that the carbon dioxide contributes to this trend, it is simply a question of determining how much. A NASA scientist is entitled to his personal opinions on the subject, but his personal interpretation of the data is no better than anyone else's. Ultimately, it is an expression of political belief.

Google search Al Gore tipping point. Here is one example from 2006, include reading the comments:
www.realclimate.org...

Hansen and Mr ManBearPig were making outrageous predictions. There was even a cheesy movie made about runaway warming. Al Gore also predicted, consistently, there would be zero Arctic ice by 2013. Well 2013 has come and gone and he was proven wrong.

There are many good scientists who are not warmists; besides this one former NASA employee.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym

Yes, but in the 70's global temperatures had been on a slow decline of a few percent from 1940 to 1970. Since the 70's, global temperatures have increased 800% and since the late 1800s by 1400%.

Global temperatures have not increased 800% since the 1970's . . . .

Where is your source for this?

I am fairly certain that global temperatures where not hovering around 10 degrees F in the 70's.

-FBB
edit on 27-4-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
If you read my previous post, you would have seen that the temperature rise is in tenths of a degree Celsius. This doesn't seem like much but on a global scale, it is significant.
edit on 27-4-2014 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Saying that climate change is irrelevant because it has always been in a constant flux of change since the beginning, is a very general statement. How does that observation hold up against a huge body of research illustrating how climate change now effects whole species of indigenous fauna and regional weather patterns?

I'd like to know the name and background of this NASA scientist and see his study journal, just to know how deeply he's gone into this subject. For those who have looked at the data this individual appears to be saying, "don't bother me with the facts, I've already made up my mind".

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gianfar

How does that observation hold up against a huge body of research illustrating how climate change now effects whole species of indigenous fauna and regional weather patterns?

Global warming is a religion, not a science. Everything in the old days (drought, flood, hurricanes) was blamed on an act of God. Now it is blamed on Global Warming. With absolutely no proof.
The primary purpose of the Gobal Warming religion was to act as a stalking horse for the nuclear power industry.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mc_squared
So you have your self an Education, I quote you:

I've got me a Science degree with a background in atmospheric physics,

That's just Great and good for you. How long you been living on this planet?
How many different countries have you lived and worked in for more than one or two seasons?
I'll bet you those Scientist that went out and got themselves Trapped in Ice had and I quote you:

I've got me a Science degree with a background in atmospheric physics,

Yes?
The locals knew better than to go there.
I have close to seventy years on this planet and I've lived and worked for our Government in 7 different countries and I've been in some very strange weather.
Long before the Global Warming Crowd.

Do you remember the 1970, or were your parents born yet?

I know you won't watch those coming ice age videos from the 70's or 80's and I know you won't watch the following videos that make a mockery of Global warming.

Read these news clipping's.
The 1970's Global Cooling Scare
The weather is just that, the weather, I think it has more to do with the Sun and the womble of our planet as we circle our sun.
But, I'm not Educated like you, So, I should not Have an opinion, I do like cartoons, you know what they say, One picture can say a thousand words.
You keep up the faith, maybe next winter you'll be baking cooking on the side-walk

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It's not Global Cooling, Global Warming, or even Climate Change. It's now Weather Eccentricity.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gianfar

How does that observation hold up against a huge body of research illustrating how climate change now effects whole species of indigenous fauna and regional weather patterns?

Global warming is a religion, not a science. Everything in the old days (drought, flood, hurricanes) was blamed on an act of God. Now it is blamed on Global Warming. With absolutely no proof.
The primary purpose of the Gobal Warming religion was to act as a stalking horse for the nuclear power industry.

Ahhh conspiracy troll. You've never studied the data.

edit on 27-4-2014 by Gianfar because: grammar

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Your thread has no definitive evaluation of any accumulative data. Sort of looks like a gang of chaotic opinions with no science to prove otherwise.

edit on 27-4-2014 by Gianfar because: grammar

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Ahhhh the 70s. I remember watching a few of those as a kid... my parents swore by it, especially after the winter of 78.

Didn't pan out then... won't pan out now.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Gianfar

The data that they love to reference has been skewed, and NOAA even owned up to it, citing bad placement of "official" thermometers... large cities act as "heat islands", especially at night. Phoenix is an excellent example; night time temps in the city are much warmer than the surrounding Sonoran Desert...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: mc_squared

a reply to: Bilk22

Thank you both.

I'm off tomorrow so will have time to read it then.

At least to understand where the numbers come from.

edit on 4 27 2014 by SonoftheSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

The data that they love to reference has been skewed, and NOAA even owned up to it, citing bad placement of "official" thermometers... large cities act as "heat islands", especially at night. Phoenix is an excellent example; night time temps in the city are much warmer than the surrounding Sonoran Desert...

That's an unfortunate focus on a very narrow channel of opinion. This tells me that you've been a bad little student and have not done your homework. You would get an "F" for effort and results in my class.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

From what I have read, I'll take the F.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

The only people who state that particular weather events are attributable to Global Warming are the skeptics such as yourself who write as if they are quoting the mythical climate scientist. Climatologists are very careful NOT to say such things, instead they say "The flood could be due to global warming" or "The extreme weather event is typical of what would happen if it was due to global warming". That kind of language is entirely correct since it errs on the side of caution. Climatologists are only too aware of the distortions, misquoting and cherry picking of everything they say by the skeptics and deniers.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

From what I have read, I'll take the F.

That's the point. You haven't taken your study seriously enough to understand the model and variable dynamics. Knowledge is power. I would only challenge you to seek out the best books available. Talk with people who have more knowledge and experience than you. Almost everything we learn comes from someone else.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Ahhhh the 70s. I remember watching a few of those as a kid... my parents swore by it, especially after the winter of 78.

Didn't pan out then... won't pan out now.

Yes, the 70's, I was setting in Nam on my second tour in 71 sweating my A$$ Off and trying my best to ignore the mosquitoes and everything else. prying for a Little Global Cooling!
But no one really believed in the science then either.
@Gianfar, I wasn't trying to come across with any DATA, any one with a Brain could see that!
Stop trying to be so smart and actually look and recognize what you're seeing, just because it doesn't fall into your very small and narrow thought pattern doesn't mean it's unworthy.
Please Give Me An F, Coming From YOU, That's An A+.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I have done the research... and I refuse to accept the idea. Why?

If the U.N. is promoting this as being "in our own best interests", you can bet your ass that it isn't...

If the U.S. government is selling something, you can bet that it is because they can make a lot of money... at our expense.

For the record, insulting my intelligence doesn't bother me in the least... it's a normal tactic used by the ignorant to make themselves feel better...

I'll still happily take the F.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join