It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dnieper River. Bridges over troubled water?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Well it cuts a swath betwixt the two (Ukraine proper and Ukraine East) Seems to me that large military options start with airstrikes on infrastructure, I've been thinking lately that if full combat broke loose the bridges that span this river will be destroyed. Also it seems like a natural border between the two "factions"

Bombing these bridges would severely constrict the movement of supplies. Curious as to how many bridges span this water within Ukraine,

Sorry don't want to come off as a fan of war but (imo) if things get full fledged then expect these bridges to be some of the first casualties.

edit on 26-4-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555 I have been thinking about Russia's next move as of late . With communications on each other's counterparts being suspended I would expect that a strike might happen soon .I haven't looked at your bridges yet and will but I thought I would mark , S&F your thread . I also wanted to leave a link to the earlier article I read .. Exclusive: Putin Halts All Talks With White House www.informationclearinghouse.info... ETA I counted about 20 in all from google earth

edit on 26-4-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

How reliable is this source? If it is true even to a degree, that high level communication between the US and Russia has broken down, that is indeed a serious development.

I was checking information on Chatham House tonight, even the member content has gone quiet on the issue. It simply seems that events are running ahead of analysis, and now everyone is waiting to see what will happen. It's like the whole world is sleep walking, and that is exactly what happened in WW1.

Now, according to Vice news,

the Ukrainian Military are effectively surrendering, at least in part in the eastern regions. If this is the case, Russian annexation of eastern provinces could happen quite as easily as Crimea. If that happens where does this leave NATO. With sanctions poised to increase Monday, we will have to see f this forces Russia's hand. If it does, and with troop build ups happening on both sides, (US troops in Baltic states), how long is it before there is a real stand off, militarily between the real players, and not just a proxy action, in the guise of civil strife??
edit on 26/4/2014 by JakiusFogg because: spelling and other stuff

edit on 26/4/2014 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Civil war as well as invasion? what country can withstand that double blow?
|And we will bne dragged into it too....one way or another.....theres an undercurrent of premeditation to all this....its just too pat.....

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Agreed, keep your eye on Eastern Moldova, the MSM are not mentioning this, but there is Russian Nationalism uprising there as well. Although no full members, Moldova has much closer ties to the EU and NATO then Ukraine. a small piece with very higher leverage.
edit on 26/4/2014 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JakiusFogg If you scroll down in that link to the main page there are other sources reporting the same things .In this day and age it's really hard to know for sure but it has a correct feel to it .

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I am sure it is, it seems to be trying to provide valid sources.

Although I think we have now reached a tipping point. Kyiv has cut off water supplies to Crimea.

BBC

That is essentially it, Russia cannot stand by and allow that to continue.

I still feel this is orchestrated, and perhaps russia are being played for a predictable response, but the end game still eludes me.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JakiusFogg I am thinking that Russia will be able to get water restored or come up with emergency measures to get through for a time .That vid you posted is a promising one .Seems that the Ukraine army is out of the loop but with the peaceful way the east is handling it is great .

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JakiusFogg PENTAGON
Pentagon: Hagel's Russian counterpart won't return his calls www.foxnews.com... good enough source

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JakiusFogg

more like russia is doing the playing here. but now i see why the soviets relocated their population after absorbing nations, so that if they ever got free they could easily stir the population into resisting their government and refuse to fight off a russian invasion when the time came to take it back.
it worked quite well with how this is going with how they've already taken parts of georgia, all of crimea and next is east ukraine, parts of moldova and belarus i bet.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

great huh? well not really, i mean if this behavior of ukraine troops disarming continues then it will only panic western governments(or just ukraine) and make them react in a more extreme manner to stop it, you know, something like attacking a town covertly or assassinating commanders.
edit on 26-4-2014 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere Most people are aware to the extent Washing is willing to stoop .Some how I think that Putin know this too and I would think that he will determine when to act and in what way. US is at a big disadvantage here .

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere

great huh? well not really, i mean if this behavior of ukraine troops disarming continues then it will only panic western governments(or just ukraine) and make them react in a more extreme manner to stop it, you know, something like attacking a town covertly or assassinating commanders.

I think the disarming troops are those that prefer Russia over the EU. The fact that half of Ukraine fought against the Nazis and the other half fought FOR the Nazis is not lost on their people. The fact that the EU/US is siding with, supporting and now arming the side that fought FOR would surely sour me against the Pro-Ukraine side.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: HanzHenry

maybe some or maybe most but it could also be fear of what would happen if they refused to disarm, a large mob supported by armed men of questionable nationality is quite the motivator after all. or even simply it could be low confidence in command, poor training and poor pay keeping them unmotivated in doing their job.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Found this and thought I would share Here are three of Russia's military options in Ukraine, complete with maps www.pri.org...
OPTION #1: SHOCK AND AWE
OPTION #2: LIMITED INTERVENTION
OPTION #3: MORE OF THE SAME

Sunday 4/27/2014 - Tarpley Points Out Fake-OSCE Observers www.youtube.com...

CrossTalk: Containment 2.0? (ft. Stephen Cohen & John Mears www.youtube.com...

top topics

join