It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown gunmen land from helicopters, attack checkpoint near Soledar, Donetsk region - militia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

Imagine when the U.S. starts copying these tactics. It probably won't be that long now. I'm leading my life exactly the same way I did ten years ago, and I'm getting closer and closer to being worried about something like this happening to me.

It isn't because I have radical views, I have similar views to the ones I had back in the late 90's and early 2000's - although a bit tainted by the economic crisis - it is that I notice more and more police presence in my daily life for things that are not illegal.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
I think everybody is aware that Ukraine interim government never seized power in a coup only delusional people seem to think that

Yanukovych was voted out by his own party and the rest of Ukraine's parliament, after mass protests across the country

The "US coup" BS comes from Moscow playing games on the useful idiots of the conspiracy world

Well you must be one of the few (and we all know who you are, too much shillyness is spread aroud you lads) that missed all the signs, the nazi speeches and all, it even was in mainstream media the first day, at least in my country.
Now, your smearing of the eastern block has been a fiasco so far, do you have anything to add, or just spouting the same lie, expecting it to become truth eventually?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Well Russia never invaded the Ukraine and started to kill people with tanks or helicopters else I would know because it would had been all over our TV screens but the Ukraine army is attacking its own people using such weapons so I hope Putin crosses the border and teachs them a lesson plus hangs the criminals in Kiev who are beind these killings.

This is what I hope for but I don't think it will happen because Putin and Obama are in on a scam to push oil prices up and to increase military spending.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul
I hope they were Ukrainian - Ukraine really needs to get some balls!

I absolutely agree.

The Ukrainian authorities have shown massive restraint, and that's something Putin has detested. He needed them to rush in and try to take back Crimea in order to justify his incursion into E Ukraine, and when that didn't happen he had to resort to using the same tactics he used in Crimea - sending in proxies to pretend to be "militia" and "Ukrainians". No doubt there are some Ukrainians there who genuinely are worried about the "fascists" supposedly controlling Kiev, but this is only because they have been bombarded with propaganda from Russia ever since this started.

Russia has been broadcasting all kinds of extremist nonsense in E Ukraine for a long time now, claiming that people are being murdered in Kiev by Nazis, that Russian speakers are being attacked in the streets etc, this is all fiction of course, but not all of the people in E Ukraine have access to the internet and free information from around the world - this is reflected in the ages of those supporting the Pro-Russian groups in the region. Just look at the people being shown as supporting the occupation of these buildings, most of them are 40 or over. Where are all the people in their teens and 20's? The people USUALLY on the front line of any revolt? They're likely all at home desperately hoping that Russia doesn't invade.

Ukraine has every right to fight back against this whether those people are Ukrainian or Russian, they are armed militias seizing control of government buildings, and holding hostages too. Any other country would rightly be taking the same action against these unknown factions.

Most sane people know that this is Russian provocation and infiltration, but regardless of that, they are an armed force illegally seizing control of buildings and risking the lives of potentially thousands of people. Ukraine should be hitting them now and hitting them hard.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

The Ukrainian authorities have shown massive restraint, and that's something Putin has detested. He needed them to rush in and try to take back Crimea in order to justify his incursion into E Ukraine, and when that didn't happen

The Ukrainian authorities has no authoritity, it was not elected by anyone and the people in the Crimea setup road blocks to stop any storming of the country and after the election Russia was asked to come in to protect the country so what time frame are you talking about because It would be daft to argue that the Ukraine was going to attack once Russia had been invited in by 96% of the population.

"The Ukrainian authorities have shown massive restraint" was that when they shoot and killed 86 people on their own side before taking power or after they sent the army into the east to point tanks at anyone that wants a vote.

Mr Putin has shown "restraint" not only with the Ukraine but the USA who is trying to impose sanctions on Russia and this would be of a great concern to me knowing that Russia has 20,000 nukes and the best missile in the world if I thought that Putin was for real and not working a scam with Obama to push oil prices up and to increase military spending in the USA.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard

The Ukrainian authorities has no authoritity, it was not elected by anyone ....

True - apart from all that that weer elected in 2012 of course....which is...um...actually it is every member of the interim administration!!

The interim President and Prime minister are appointed by the Rada in accordance with the constitution in the absence of the elected President - who the Rada held had abandoned his post - they did not actually impeach him.

edit on 27-4-2014 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Things are steadily heating up in Ukraine as the new government seems to be continuing it's attempt to put an end to pro-Russian militias.

By "new government" do we really mean the usurpers in Kiev? By "pro-Russian" don't we really mean the Ukrainians fighting back against the thugs in Kiev?

The actual roadblocks and checkpoints are in Ukraine, right? Not at the Russian border?

How exactly is the Government illegitimate? Thats like saying the US government is illegitimate and should be returned back to the British! Oh how you parrot fascist Russian talking points so well! You're really only looking at this from the Russian side. Crimea was a joke, Russia illegally invaded it by using the "militia" loophole there. They intentionally flooded "unmarked" Russian personnel into Crimea and illegally annexed land that was not theirs.

They're trying to do the same thing in Eastern Ukraine using the same damn tactics. Is anyone questioning how this militia gained access to an "unmarked" military helicopter in the first place? The Russians hate the fact that Ukraine has tilted to the West after overthrowing their government. Viktor Yanukovych was far from being a great president either. He essentially crapped all over the Ukrainian constitution and disgraced his country by making protests illegal along with kidnapping and torturing dissenters. The guy HAD to go.

You have to understand why Russia is acting in this manner. Russias demographics are heading for collapse. They're trying to pursue a Eurasian Union in which Russia is the head, and which encompasses former Soviet Blocs. They're doing this to extend their sphere of influence and give them some padding for when their demographics really begin to take a dive. In order for the Eurasian Union to work, they must have Ukraine under their influence. This is nothing more than Russia playing geopolitics. Russia is intentionally destabilizing the East to try and get its puppets back in power.
edit on 27-4-2014 by rock427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
Just government forces taking control of a weapons depots under control of aggressive armed groups

Russia will go on to say how Ukraine has no right to do such a thing in its own country and They must protect there armed gangs

Keeping eyes on RT for the spin

You're misrepresenting the truth, like usual.

The weapons bunker holds over a million guns. The people who took over the only entrance from the outside were locals who were unarmed, stating that neither side were going to be accessing the bunker. The Ukrainian military has about 100 troops stationed near the bunker, who have been neutral for the most part.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: rock427

Things are steadily heating up in Ukraine as the new government seems to be continuing it's attempt to put an end to pro-Russian militias.

By "new government" do we really mean the usurpers in Kiev? By "pro-Russian" don't we really mean the Ukrainians fighting back against the thugs in Kiev?

The actual roadblocks and checkpoints are in Ukraine, right? Not at the Russian border?

How exactly is the Government illegitimate? Thats like saying the US government is illegitimate and should be returned back to the British! Oh how you parrot fascist Russian talking points so well! You're really only looking at this from the Russian side. Crimea was a joke, Russia illegally invaded it by using the "militia" loophole there. They intentionally flooded "unmarked" Russian personnel into Crimea and illegally annexed land that was not theirs.

They're trying to do the same thing in Eastern Ukraine using the same damn tactics. Is anyone questioning how this militia gained access to an "unmarked" military helicopter in the first place? The Russians hate the fact that Ukraine has tilted to the West after overthrowing their government. Viktor Yanukovych was far from being a great president either. He essentially crapped all over the Ukrainian constitution and disgraced his country by making protests illegal along with kidnapping and torturing dissenters. The guy HAD to go.

You have to understand why Russia is acting in this manner. Russias demographics are heading for collapse. They're trying to pursue a Eurasian Union in which Russia is the head, and which encompasses former Soviet Blocs. They're doing this to extend their sphere of influence and give them some padding for when their demographics really begin to take a dive. In order for the Eurasian Union to work, they must have Ukraine under their influence. This is nothing more than Russia playing geopolitics. Russia is intentionally destabilizing the East to try and get its puppets back in power.

Oh sure, it's all a "fascist Russian" conspiracy against the poor revolutionaries in Kiev.

In recent news, the neo-nazi authorities banned May Day (which is a day of celebration of the victories against fascist imperialism) in western Ukrainian cities such as Lvov. They instead have changed it to "A Day of Mourning".

If you're American, that's the equivalent to your government officials changing Veteran's Day to Nazi Appreciation Day.

Oh, and here's Right Sector hanging a man in front of a camera. The sign on his chest says "All Russians will be hung".

Yup, it must all just one big Russian conspiracy. Let's just keep watching the bumbling accusations by the US State Department because western television is always right.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

The Ukrainian authorities has no authoritity, it was not elected by anyone

FACTUALLY WRONG.

The Kiev government was and is made up of elected representatives of the people. Those elected representatives fired Yanukovych when he FLED THE COUNTRY.

Again, I know you want to deny the truth and facts of this because it's the core of the pro-Russian propaganda, but it doesn't matter how many times you say it, it will not make the Kiev government "unelected".

and the people in the Crimea setup road blocks to stop any storming of the country and after the election Russia was asked to come in to protect the country so what time frame are you talking about because It would be daft to argue that the Ukraine was going to attack once Russia had been invited in by 96% of the population.

First of all, the referendum in Crimea was illegal. There's another fact for you.
Second, the man INSTALLED in Crimea (NOT ELECTED) won less than 5% of the public vote under proper electoral conditions previously.

There is absolutely no reason to trust that the referendum was valid, none at all. There was no real alternative in the Crimean referendum vote.

"The Ukrainian authorities have shown massive restraint" was that when they shoot and killed 86 people on their own side before taking power or after they sent the army into the east to point tanks at anyone that wants a vote.

Again, you are using your beliefs and propaganda as "evidence" when there is absolutely no evidence that anyone other than Yanukovych's own hired goons opened fire on people. He EVEN THREATENED THIS BEFORE IT HAPPENED!

You expect people to believe that Yanukovych threatened violence against his own people, when then it did happen it was someone else?

This is ridiculous. Prove it or abandon it.

Mr Putin has shown "restraint" not only with the Ukraine but the USA who is trying to impose sanctions on Russia and this would be of a great concern to me knowing that Russia has 20,000 nukes and the best missile in the world if I thought that Putin was for real and not working a scam with Obama to push oil prices up and to increase military spending in the USA.

Putin has shown restraint?
Some more facts for you...

1. Sending an armed military into another country to annex a part of their land is ILLEGAL.
2. Putin lied about Russian presence in Crimea for weeks, then finally admitted it.
3. There is a lot of evidence that Russian military are directly controlling events in E Ukraine, just as they did in Crimea.
4. There is a democratic election planned, with international observers, for Ukraine.
5. If unknown armed gangs seized control of towns in any other country, the government HAS A DUTY to remove them.

Again, you can preach nonsense and propaganda all you like, you cannot change reality and the facts.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Russia has most likely thousands of soldiers all throughout the country (not in uniform) but disguised as militia causing unrest all over the country. Maybe Russia is trying to overthrow the government with rebels kind of like how the whole Egypt crisis went down. Russia is scared Ukraine is going to join NATO plus Russia believes Ukraine belongs to them so I don't see Russia backing down at all right now they are doing secret missions to avoid sanctions.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vovin

Oh sure, it's all a "fascist Russian" conspiracy against the poor revolutionaries in Kiev.

In recent news, the neo-nazi authorities banned May Day (which is a day of celebration of the victories against fascist imperialism) in western Ukrainian cities such as Lvov. They instead have changed it to "A Day of Mourning".

If you're American, that's the equivalent to your government officials changing Veteran's Day to Nazi Appreciation Day.

Oh, and here's Right Sector hanging a man in front of a camera. The sign on his chest says "All Russians will be hung".

Yup, it must all just one big Russian conspiracy. Let's just keep watching the bumbling accusations by the US State Department because western television is always right.

Ukraines population is almost 50 million right? Thats roughly 1/3 of Russias entire population. Its a big country relative to a lot of countries out there. I'm sure there are Neo-Nazis, just as there are in pretty much every country out there...but to say an entire movement is based upon a Neo-Nazi revolution is beyond bizarre. these are actions from minorities, not the central authority. How do you know that they aren't Russian "militia" trying to stir crap up and further destabilize the country??? Thats just it! You dont! Thats the conspiracy!

Victor Yankovich was a terrible leader. He wasn't doing sh*t about the Ukrainian economy and it in fact got much worse under his reign. He also sh*t all over the Ukrainian constitution, made protests illegal, and illegally abducted citizens whose biggest crime was protesting his treason! But lets by all means blame it on Neo-Nazis (who are doing quite well in Russia)...

The people of Ukraine spoke, and their choice was to join the West. They overthrew a corrupt Russian puppet government and now Russia wants payback for this. Ukraine to Russia isn't even a country (something Putin himself has said in times past) They refer to it as "little Russia" and do not respect its individual sovereignty as a nation. This is more and more clear the more and more clear it is that Russia is getting involved with Ukraine by using unconventional, indirect, covert actions inside Ukraine so as to further destabilize the country. They want to reassert their authority over Ukraine. They can't achieve this if Ukraine is nice and cozy with the West.
edit on 28-4-2014 by rock427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: rock427

How exactly is the Government illegitimate?

Well if you count burning tires, throwing molotovs and bombs, then occupying government buildings "legitimate"…

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Well if you count burning tires, throwing molotovs and bombs, then occupying government buildings "legitimate"…

Victor Yankovych fled the country in disgrace. The interim government fired him after he fled his post. Why did he flee? Because of his treasonous acts against the people of Ukraine.

But the guy was going to lose his job either way. Yankovych essentially lost control of his country. This is how revolutions happen. They typically are more chaotic than the one that occurred in Ukraine.

Ofcourse Russia says the government is illegitimate. But thats only because Russia wants to reinstall the puppet government that will remain loyal to them. They hate the fact that Ukraine has turned toward the West.

edit on 28-4-2014 by rock427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

What are you rambling about? It's public knowledge that the people who took power are all fascists. Svobida is neo-nazi, Right Sector is jingoist, Fatherland is ultranationalist. It's pretty freaking hard to deny the facts when their leaders are waving seig heil and the militants on the streets are screaming "death to Moskals" while lynching anybody they claim are Russian or not Ukrainian enough.

But what's the point of trying to explain what the raw facts are if you only follow the western-filtered garbage "news" anyways? If you don't believe that the west supports fascism then you are on the wrong side of the veil.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Victor Yankovych fled the country in disgrace. The interim government fired him after he fled his post. Why did he flee? Because of his treasonous acts against the people of Ukraine.

But the guy was going to lose his job either way. Yankovych essentially lost control of his country. This is how revolutions happen. They typically are more chaotic than the one that occurred in Ukraine.

Ofcourse Russia says the government is illegitimate. But thats only because Russia wants to reinstall the puppet government that will remain loyal to them. They hate the fact that Ukraine has turned toward the West.

You know who else claims it's illegitimate? Anyone living in a country with a parliamentary system.

You claim that it's all legitimate because "elected officials" voted in the current government. Yet you completely neglect the fact that the "elected officials" from Yanukovich's party were all chased out by fascist mobs inside of the parliament. You also neglect that there's solid evidence and eye witness accounts of the vote being conducted by the remaining officials, who voted multiple times on different monitors.

You completely ignore the will of the Ukrainian people with your absurd statements of how the coup was legitimate because "elected officials" voted for them. It's all doublespeak with little comprehension of actual events or constitutional processes. If they are so democratic, why have they not held emergency elections yet? Why are presidential candidates from east Ukraine violently assaulted by fascist mobs?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

The interim government fired him after he fled his post. Why did he flee? Because of his treasonous acts against the people of Ukraine.

"Interim government", thats a laugh. I see no better definition of treason than to take a capitol by force. They couldn't wait for elections either, but (according to you) thats okay for them. Now you call them the "government".

They govern nothing, they simply occupy the center of Kiev. There is no government currently. The "government" is shattered by these Neo Nazis. Or don't you watch TV?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

What are you rambling about? It's public knowledge that the people who took power are all fascists. Svobida is neo-nazi, Right Sector is jingoist, Fatherland is ultranationalist. It's pretty freaking hard to deny the facts when their leaders are waving seig heil and the militants on the streets are screaming "death to Moskals" while lynching anybody they claim are Russian or not Ukrainian enough.

But what's the point of trying to explain what the raw facts are if you only follow the western-filtered garbage "news" anyways? If you don't believe that the west supports fascism then you are on the wrong side of the veil.

The Interim Prime MInister of Ukraine is a Jewish man...I find it hilarious that you people think Neo-Nazis would allow a Jew to be their interim Prime minister...But I guess if all you do is soak up Russian propaganda thats all you seem to be able to see.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

You know who else claims it's illegitimate? Anyone living in a country with a parliamentary system.

You claim that it's all legitimate because "elected officials" voted in the current government. Yet you completely neglect the fact that the "elected officials" from Yanukovich's party were all chased out by fascist mobs inside of the parliament. You also neglect that there's solid evidence and eye witness accounts of the vote being conducted by the remaining officials, who voted multiple times on different monitors.

You completely ignore the will of the Ukrainian people with your absurd statements of how the coup was legitimate because "elected officials" voted for them. It's all doublespeak with little comprehension of actual events or constitutional processes. If they are so democratic, why have they not held emergency elections yet? Why are presidential candidates from east Ukraine violently assaulted by fascist mobs?

The "will" of the Ukrainian people is being ignored by retards like yourself. There are numerous pictures of several thousands of flag waving Ukrainians standing in direct opposition to Yanokovychs rule.

< br />

Look at all those "fascists"...

edit on 29-4-2014 by rock427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The interim government fired him after he fled his post. Why did he flee? Because of his treasonous acts against the people of Ukraine.

"Interim government", thats a laugh. I see no better definition of treason than to take a capitol by force. They couldn't wait for elections either, but (according to you) thats okay for them. Now you call them the "government".

They govern nothing, they simply occupy the center of Kiev. There is no government currently. The "government" is shattered by these Neo Nazis. Or don't you watch TV?

Yet the capital is largely at ease and peaceful...the only areas in Ukraine that aren't are the eastern parts that are next to Russia...where according to intel, is looking a lot like Crimea. Fake "militias" (aka Russian spetsnaz) are popping up and causing chaos. Face it, Russia doesn't have a credible leg to stand on. They are destabilizing the Eastern part of the Country to annex it...mark my words, they will try to annex Eastern Ukraine.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join