It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown gunmen land from helicopters, attack checkpoint near Soledar, Donetsk region - militia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Unknown assailants landed in helicopters and attacked a checkpoint in Soledar city in eastern Ukraine’s Donetsk region, a militia source told RIA Novosti adding that there is a fight going on.

There is no information on the number of casualties.

Soledar is located about 30 kilometers south east of Slavyansk.

The people’s mayor of Donbass region Denis Pushilin confirmed to RT that there is fighting in Soledar.

Unknown gunmen land from helicopters, attack checkpoint near Soledar, Donetsk region - militia

Things are steadily heating up in Ukraine as the new government seems to be continuing it's attempt to put an end to pro-Russian militias.

It is unconfirmed where these helicopters came from but it would be safe to guess that this is part of the Ukrainian crack down on "terror" in regards to the pro-Russian militias that seem to be popping up in both the East and West of Ukraine.

By the sounds of it the attackers are trying to gain access to an old weapons depot with outdated weapons, the weapons are from the Soviet era but there are plenty of them nonetheless which would still be very useful for urban guerrilla warfare which appears to be the way this conflict is heading (for now).

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

They are SOVIET weapons and must be returned to Russia!

But keep up updated on this. Wonder how long before an all out war takes place..

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Things are steadily heating up in Ukraine as the new government seems to be continuing it's attempt to put an end to pro-Russian militias.

By "new government" do we really mean the usurpers in Kiev? By "pro-Russian" don't we really mean the Ukrainians fighting back against the thugs in Kiev?

The actual roadblocks and checkpoints are in Ukraine, right? Not at the Russian border?

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

By "new government" do we really mean the usurpers in Kiev? By "pro-Russian" don't we really mean the Ukrainians fighting back against the thugs in Kiev?

The actual roadblocks and checkpoints are in Ukraine, right? Not at the Russian border?

I agree, but I tried to stay neutral in my reporting of this news as the situation is very complicated and did not want to "pick sides" in my OP.

I believe the current Ukrainian government to be illegitimate and do believe that the citizens of Ukraine have the right to fight back against their unwanted government (unwanted by many it seems).

I say pro-Russian when referring to the militias because a lot of them have openly dismissed the new government and voiced their support for Russia.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChuckNasty

But keep up updated on this. Wonder how long before an all out war takes place..

I could be wrong here so please correct me if I am, but this is taking place in Eastern Ukraine where to the best of my knowledge Russia has no jurisdiction as they did in the Crimea region so to speak. The weapons are old, and I doubt Russia really needs them, but they could be dangerous if used against the Ukrainian forces which might possibly be the reason for the excursion into this particular region.

This is all speculation of course...

We don't know for a fact that the Ukrainian military is in fact going for this storage depot, the article did hint at this possibility though.
edit on 4/26/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Now forgive me if I'm wrong (I've been reading RT and ATS for the whole situation) - But aren't there millions of Russian people in possible danger in Ukraine? What with their government using their military against the protestors? If this is the case, do people seriously think a country like Russia will stand back and let that happen? If it was that many American people in that danger...well we probably know what America would do and they would somehow be right in doing so.

Also what if this is a false flag? Blackwater troops have been around Ukraine since the first riots and US and NATO troops were deployed to 4 countries that boarder Eastern Ukraine....Something just doesn't add up for me. Correct anything that I may be wrong about but to me this is all opinion

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This is the excuse Putin and Russian people want....it only needs to spread so far....then the Russian forces will act.....in my opinion the whole thing is prearranged....Russia works for the same masters as the west.....
Russia gets the eastern Ukraine, and the west gets anti ballistic as well as ballistic missiles in western Ukraine....

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Just government forces taking control of a weapons depots under control of aggressive armed groups

Russia will go on to say how Ukraine has no right to do such a thing in its own country and They must protect there armed gangs

Keeping eyes on RT for the spin

edit on 26-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I think by "new government" he means the interim government setup after Yanukovych’s own party voted him out. The government that only holds power for another month until Ukraine's elections. These "pro-Russia" militias can't wait a month?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I think everybody is aware that Ukraine interim government never seized power in a coup only delusional people seem to think that

Yanukovych was voted out by his own party and the rest of Ukraine's parliament, after mass protests across the country

The "US coup" BS comes from Moscow playing games on the useful idiots of the conspiracy world

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

I can't say that I disagree...

These types of conflicts make both sides wealthy while the regular folks suffer. I wouldn't be surprised if this was all pre-arranged for various reasons. There is more at play here than land occupation, with this land comes strategic positioning and the potential to raise the cost of commodities such as gas, oil, food and pretty much anything you can think of. TPTB love this type of conflict as it puts fear in the people and makes them more money while at it.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

I partially agree with you.

I don't blame Ukraine for wanting to take the weapons from this armed group (if that's what they're actually doing) but at the same time the current Ukrainian government came to power the same way...aggressive tactics.

Russia may go on to say that they must protect their interests in the area, but if I were Russia I would do the same (not saying it's right or wrong as previously mentioned this whole thing is rather complicated). But if Russia wants to help a group of people who are proactively fighting against an anti-Russian regime (Ukraine Government) then can you blame them?

As I saw someone mention in another thread...what if Quebec or even Alaskan separatists were to become buddies with Russia, gain their support and even go as far as arm/fund them....I'm sure USA & Canada wouldn't be very happy.

I'm ot saying it's right, but just pointing out my perception of the situation.

As for the RT spin, all outlets are known to spin but RT is pretty accurate for a state sponsored media outlet even though their propaganda can be rather extreme at times in the way that they are clearly anti-West while most other outlets are pro-West.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed Here OP check this out ..some good news in the east www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Unknown gunmen from a helicopter?
Gee.....hired American mercs you think? CIA thugs perhaps? Blackwater?
Most likely all of the above.

The Americans won't let the same mistake happen in Ukraine as they did in Syria.Letting rag tag groups of Al Qadea left overs fight for them isn't working anymore. They can't be relied on to get the job done.
I know Ukrainian forces don't have the skills or training or arms to do these types of operations. So where are these masked fighters coming from?
I think we all know....
I just can't wait until they capture one and expose this whole American lie.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: mark1167

Unknown gunmen from a helicopter?
Gee.....hired American mercs you think? CIA thugs perhaps? Blackwater?
Most likely all of the above. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Trust me, the thought definitely crossed my mind...

I did not want to speculate about this until more information was available but if it was what you hinted, I doubt we will ever have any solid confirmation unless someone really screwed up...

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I hope they were Ukrainian - Ukraine really needs to get some balls!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

LOL I missed you man, great to see you!

Ukraine has balls due to their Western backing....they wouldn't talk any of this or act like this unless they knew they had backing, or unless they knew the other side was not going to react...who knows at this point but either side should be considered dangerous due to their connections.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed
a reply to: TritonTaranis

I partially agree with you.

I don't blame Ukraine for wanting to take the weapons from this armed group (if that's what they're actually doing) but at the same time the current Ukrainian government came to power the same way...aggressive tactics.

Russia may go on to say that they must protect their interests in the area, but if I were Russia I would do the same (not saying it's right or wrong as previously mentioned this whole thing is rather complicated). But if Russia wants to help a group of people who are proactively fighting against an anti-Russian regime (Ukraine Government) then can you blame them?

As I saw someone mention in another thread...what if Quebec or even Alaskan separatists were to become buddies with Russia, gain their support and even go as far as arm/fund them....I'm sure USA & Canada wouldn't be very happy.

I'm ot saying it's right, but just pointing out my perception of the situation.

As for the RT spin, all outlets are known to spin but RT is pretty accurate for a state sponsored media outlet even though their propaganda can be rather extreme at times in the way that they are clearly anti-West while most other outlets are pro-West.

I understand fully what you're saying, don't think it hasn't crossed my mind, but Ukraine has tried to open talks with these separatists, which makes you wonder why, we have seen countless cases of Russian spetznaz agents and protests tourists from Russia caught in the region

I think Russia knows full well and has know for over a decade Ukraine was leaning towards the EU and a messy divorce Russia, Russia is just playing dangerous games out of shear jealousy and frustration

Ultimately it's what Ukraine wants, and no matter how people twist it... Russia does not have the right to be destabilising and meddling in Ukraine, it's not about what if it was Canada and Russia and the US, it's about Ukraine, the UN should have stepped in... Not Russia or the EU & US

It's a mess and the people of Ukraine are the ones who are going to suffer, as far as I can see, Ukraine will have an election the Interim government is only temporarily in place, yet Moscow and a handful of separatists want to go to war over it... Do you think the majority of Ukraine does?do you think the EU or the US does?

Russia is the aggressor and we all know why

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed

originally posted by: ChuckNasty

I could be wrong here so please correct me if I am, but this is taking place in Eastern Ukraine where to the best of my knowledge Russia has no jurisdiction as they did in the Crimea region so to speak. The weapons are old, and I doubt Russia really needs them, but they could be dangerous if used against the Ukrainian forces which might possibly be the reason for the excursion into this particular region.

This is all speculation of course...

We don't know for a fact that the Ukrainian military is in fact going for this storage depot, the article did hint at this possibility though.

Well duh!

I was just being a smart ass. Just because a country has citizens in an area doesn't give that country a right to invade..

If that is true.....then our Home Depots and Lowes are overdue an invasion from Mexico.. Orlando should have been annexed a few decades back..

This land grab of the Soviets is total BS.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed Sunday, April 27 rt.com...
00:12 GMT:
Georgian nationalists are being recruited to fight the pro-federalization forces in Ukraine, Izvestia newspaper reports, citing a source in the Georgian parliament.

The recruitment is reportedly being carried out by the former chief bodyguard of the first Georgian president Zviad Gamsakhurdia, and is focused on youth, the report suggests.

They recruit mostly youth, who have not yet decided on their political preferences, or those who hate Russia, or close to the radical groups and gangs, the source said.

Financing of recruits is being carried out by the 'Open Zone' movement and United National Movement Party, that were empowered during President Saakashvili's term and never hid their negative attitude towards Russia, another source told the publication.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join