It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Bang/God?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I just heard on a radio show that many scientists believe that the big bang theory (which many believe started everything) is evidence against the existance of God. I was wondering what people thought about this.

Domer

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   
The beautiful thing about this site is that one learns something new every time one logs on. I learned about William James Sidis recently and have been studing about him ever since. To be brief, he purported that the Big Bang Theory is false. In his book "The Animate And The Inanimate", he states that, as in accordance with the first law of thermodynamics (energy is neither created nor destroyed), the universe is infinite and eternal and the second law of thermodynamics (the principle that no cyclic process is possible in which heat is absorbed from a reservoir at a single temperature and converted completely into mechanical work) is but a psychological law mandating the way we perceive the it. I am no physicist (yet) but I do understand the first law of thermodynamics, and to me it seems the Big Bang Theory is in violation of it. Please, any members knowledgeable in the area correct me if I am wrong.

Sorry. Seems I missed the God part. I myself am not really sure where I stand on that issue. When he gives me a call I'll let you know

[edit on 28-11-2004 by Mephorium]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
SURE...the scientists believe that there are still worlds being created...
go figure...when God spoke the worlds into existence...as the bible says...
perhaps that word that God spoke is STILL traveling...and as that word is going forth...at whatever the speed of sound is....worlds ARE STILL being created...who knows.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
well some people (i do too , i think) believe that God "made" the big bang and thus he "created" everything because he made the thing that made everything...

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
In regards to science, mentioning God is un-nesessary and doesnt solve anything, it just adds more problems. You can believe whatever you want about God, but when you try to bring it into science nobody really takes you seriously. Science wants to progress, everytime they dont understand something, they cant just attribute it to God. Thats the opposite of progression. it's like a get out of jail free card. In science, saying God did this or God did that, is about as good as saying Ziggy the magic elf did this, or ziggy the magic elf did that. Im not trying to offend, im just trying to get people to understand why science doesnt include God, because God is ill-defined, and its a meaningless and moot point to try to put God into the study of the natural world. I think when certain scientists say the big-bang is evidence against God, I think they generally mean evidence against dogmatic Gods. I dont nessecarily think that is true, plenty of Christians believe the Bible describes how to get to heaven, and not how the heavens operate.You can believe in the big-bang, evolution, etc. and still be a Christian.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   
here is a thought. In Angels and Demons Dan Brown posits a theory of this very subject and the possibilities and ramifications.

OK I will say that again it is a theory, the book is fiction. no questions there.

Now in my lifetime what we are doing here was at one point fiction, a computer
that you could carry in your pocket was foolishness, dick traceys wrist communicator, maxwell smarts shoe phone, space travel , all fiction. what today
is science fiction tomorrow may well be science fact.

so back to the original question is it possible ? Yes
is it probable ? not enough data available.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Aleceiffel....i am sorry but i beg to differ...how do you know that no one takes you seriously when you mention god? because last time i checked you are only 1 person and so therefore cannot make such a broad assumption...but with those facts i can say that to leave him out of any equasion makes you dis-credited in my eyes but i can only speak for myself and not the general populas....god created science...and your mind for that matter, how sad it is when the clay fights with the potter,,,,:shk:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
What I don't get about many religious people is the standfast refusal to the notion that their god could not have possibly created man through evolution or that their god could not have began time and space through the big bang. It would make such a better and more logical argument to the existence of god and its ways then the 'POOF' theory. Is evolution really any less amazing then the final product just existing out of nothing?

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
i dont think it's about a better argument, its about truth...and sence you can no more proove your theory, than i can, that makes them both beliefs...so that would make you a follower of a belief, and i think some would call you religious then as well...

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Ninki, in the scientific community, you dont get taken very seriously if you constantly mention God and try to put it into your theories, believe me or not. Our theories work, if they didnt, we wouldnt use them. There is no faith here, if you dont want to believe it thats fine, but that doesnt change anything. Theories still stand. Science has nothing to do with God. Its not some evil agenda to take God out of the equation, there is simply to need to mention God. You can believe in science and God, I see no problem with that.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
no, no, my friend ...theory is just that...theory....god and science go hand and hand...he created it....also in the scientific circle you swing in i may not be taken seriously. but in christian scientific circles i bet i would make some friends...all in how you look at it:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
There is an Internet site called REASONS TO BELIEVE. In it is an article
called
Big Bang - The Bible Taught It First!
By Hugh Ross and John Rea
www.reasons.org... index.shtml#big_bang_the_bible_taught_it_first Just above it is another article dealing with the Big Bang.
I found them to be both interesting and enlightening. I'd like to recommend them to all.

new topics

top topics

join