It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obama cult- step away from the Kool-Aid!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Of course you get the usual right wingers in here cheer-leading on, one of the many talking heads..doing what they do best, parrot whatever their shepherds at Fox News, Breibart, blogs or website say..

I am not a member of this faux cult you have made up...but I do prefer Obama over any conservative any day.

edit on 27-4-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
Of course you get the usual right wingers in here cheer-leading on, one of the many talking heads..doing what they do best, parrot whatever their shepherds at Fox News, Breibart, blogs or website say..

I am not a member of this faux cult you have made up...but I do prefer Obama over any conservative any day.

No, you can claim not to be a member (negated by your post) But that leaves us with one conclusion:

You are KING KOOL AID MAN!! Keep on drinking!!

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Read an analysis on this like two weeks ago. Looked via Google to use it as a source for this post, but gave up. You'll have to be satisfied with generalization, paraphrasing, a fading memory, and a bit of potential personal bias.

In substance, about 35% of living Americans have imbibed. There's no coming back. The percentage frightened the author somewhat. However, he was more concerned with another statistic. About 22%-23% (a hidden population within the 35%) want to undermine the system of checks and balances.

What was most interesting was that the Kool-Aid recipe was tested in the '40s maybe developed as early as 1903. The author credited the VP staffs of LBJ and Ford for distilling the brew and the VP Bush Sr. for introducing it to the population. Really good ATS material ... and I'm kicking myself for not bookmarking the source.

Anyway, good thread. Lots of stars and a flag.

-Cheers
edit on 2742014 by Snarl because: Spelling and grammar

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Sometimes I really hate being right.....

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
All right, I will definitely give you that Obama has a cult of personality that is different than Bush's because he seems to be the figurehead in some kind of new ideology.

On the other hand, what does that mean? He is charismatic and has good ideas. But on the other hand, I think that people can get divorced from traditional reality and culture while following through with those ideas.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Wow, there's a whole lot of stupid to cover. Immigration is no different than it was under Bush, in fact the laws became more strict under Obama, not for lack of trying to create a path to citizenship. But the state laws call the shots. ATF gunwalking, also named operation fast n furious, is a program that predates Obama's inauguration. The Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, is a new law not a change in law. Seeing as federalized healthcare exchanges didn't exist before.

Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi are political powerhouses, they don't dance to Obama's tune, they have their own. They'll still be around Washington when Obama is long gone and giving pep speeches at colleges.

Waco was a bunch of isolated cultists, or just isolated people from society. Either way there were a lot of people. Mr.Bundy was just him and his wife, and I assume random farm workers. Nowhere near the same threat. Even if we leave out his ignorance and racism, he still refuses to pay taxes which were put in place by Ronald Reagen. Also the entire fiasco is well bellow the president's attention.

And finally the entire "cult" thing. Just because his ratings are in the 40s doesn't mean he has a cult following. 40-50% approval is extremely high for a US president, but it isn't for leaders of other nations. The US is just extremely polarized, if there is any kool aid being drunk, it comes in two flavours: Blue and Red. Obama has celebrity supporters because the people who follow those celebrities are left-minded. It's not like the republicans don't have celebrities backing them, just none of them are relatable to young people and mostly consist of old country singers.

But the word "cult" is used for enigmatic leaders who gather people together usually with some type of common accessory or clothing. Then they spout nonsense and lies at the anticipating crowd about how "they" are coming to get you and your families. The speeches help to further polarize the eager audience against "them" and to treat "them" as ennemies. Whoever "they" are. A crowded room full of hunting vests, firearms and "don't tread on me" flags listening to Sarah Palin call water boarding: "baptizing terrorists" sounds a lot more like a cult. And NRA leader Wayne LaPierre strikes me far more as a cult leader; urging his followers to arm themselves to the teeth to fight against the invisible shadows that he implants into their heads with moving speeches.

Obama does have the charisma and charm of a cult leader but he's not pushing the "us vs them" ideas and well quite simply, he has a term limit. Cult leaders never step down, even in death their hubris doesn't allow them to not be seen as the leader.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
No one worships Obama.. No one ever has. That's just a right wing talking point.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE
No one worships Obama.. No one ever has. That's just a right wing talking point.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry.

You serious?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Ever read this thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I just wish everyone would start acting normal again.
edit on 30-4-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
I just wish everyone would start acting normal again.

We're no longer allowed to.

You'll get your "Political Correct" learning pamphlet in the mail soon.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

I agree. The hate-O cult talks and thinks about him more than anyone on this planet. They actually love to hate him.

Get a hobby...for your sanity's sake!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Yes seriously.

If there's any progressive who thinks Obama is anything other then a dirt bag politician. Please prove me wrong!!!!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: METACOMET

A thread tracking election results, on the night on the election would have to be where you would find most excited people on both sides. Even that said. Read the first couple pages and not one person referred to him as anything other then a politician.

The Obamas the messiah cult bs only works on pea brained conservatives who actually believe in the propaganda they put out.

The fact is people agree with progressive policies. We expect more from our representatives then " I shouldn't have to pay for that"

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE
To be honest, I'm surprised! As much as progressives profess to claim that we all hate Obama, I was sure that they loved him!

Perhaps he isn't "fundamentally transforming" America fast enough.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Why the borderline neurotic obsession with someone you've never met? I haven't seen any supporter call O messiah or emperor or any of the names the O-Haters use. Yet I see thread after thread of the same people bashing him ad nauseum.

He is not the first and will not be the last bad prez. I just think time would be better served discussing solutions...ideas.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Eleanor Roosevelt

edit on 5/1/2014 by intelligenthoodlum33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: intelligenthoodlum33
Why the borderline neurotic obsession with someone you've never met? I haven't seen any supporter call O messiah or emperor or any of the names the O-Haters use. Yet I see thread after thread of the same people bashing him ad nauseum.

He is not the first and will not be the last bad prez. I just think time would be better served discussing solutions...ideas.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Eleanor Roosevelt

Well said.

But if history is any indicator, practically every time that a criticism of Obama's policy(s) have come up, the direction of his supporters turns to racism, race issues and totally deflects from the issue of the policy in the first place.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Hmm...I hear you. However it could be argued that you just used the "pulling the race card-card" argument to deflect from the unhealthy obsession that I pointed out.

edit on 5/1/2014 by intelligenthoodlum33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: intelligenthoodlum33

Hmm...I hear you. However it could be argued that you use the "pulling the race card-card" argument to deflect from the unhealthy obsession that I pointed out.

Then we'll just focus on policy issues and the supporters agree not to obfuscate by playing the race card.

Easy-peasy.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Sounds like a plan to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join