It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally an unpickable lock!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: tom.farnhill

On the Smartkey systems one method will not
show any visual damage and the key will still
work like normal.

In the UK if there is not forced entry damage
the insurer will not pay a claim.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Dolby_X

Lool.. And that's the end of that then.. "Never say unpickable"

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
this is the thing though isnt it, if thieves want whatever it is thats locked up, they will find a way to take it.

If that means picking (which hardly anyone has the skill to do) or sawing, melting, cutting away parts of the prize to replace and sell on they will find a way.

I have to admit though, as far as locks go, and i love locks and i can pick most tumblers, this one is absolutely genius, picking is almost certainly out of the picture. Short of stealing the key and/or getting a copy, a unblemished entry is out of the question.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Do they still fell Freeze Spray for digital technicians? That comes in a spray can with a spout and would fit the bill, too. I don't know where to get a cylinder of liquid nitrogen.

Good idea. Much quieter than a grinder. I was into the whole get in and out quick, thing.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

Want to know how I'd get it open in less than 30 seconds?

toolmonger.com...

I've done it. There isn't a lock I haven't been able to cut with one yet. I cut a double hardened, stainless faceted pad lock as thick as my thumb off a cube van in about 15 seconds with a 18v cordless grinder with zip disk.

I've cut the chromium (supposedly tougher) locks with the same set up again 15-20 seconds of actual cutting.

Yeah, it makes a bunch of noise while cutting, but it's cordless. Fits in a back pack, and once it's cut I'm into what ever I need to be.

I sell tools for a living. The lock cut was off a customers vehicle in parking lot, because he locked his keys and wallet in the cargo area of his truck with no access from the unlocked cab.

No bike lock will stop the cordless angle grinder.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

So would powdered lead bound with wax.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

yes you can still get the liquid nitrogen spray cans , there is a system where you can freeze water pipes so you can make repairs with out draining down the pipes .

on a side note when i was a teen playing with fireworks i opened up a banger and poured the powder into a lock and used the fuse from the banger to light it .

the result was suprising , no loud bang just a gentle pufft and the lock just swung open , it had destroyed the internal workings completly .

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
this is the thing though isnt it, if thieves want whatever it is thats locked up, they will find a way to take it.

If that means picking (which hardly anyone has the skill to do) or sawing, melting, cutting away parts of the prize to replace and sell on they will find a way.

As a former member of an elite group of troublemakers, I can pick a lock. It's not that there isn't anyone who can do it, it's a talent and art that takes maybe a month to master. I could train any ATSer to do it if they were in the mood to learn. In fact, I bet I could teach you to pick locks "the right way" faster than I could teach a cop to shoot properly.

There are a lot of lock picking adjuncts that will allow you to pick locks with minimal effort, a riffle pick or a cylinder pick come to mind. But in fact, a lot of locks are vulnerable to more straightforward methods. There's nothing wrong with using a riffle, or a slim jim, a shim, a kinetic opener, a vibrator/snap pick or a digital pick.
edit on 24-9-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

the result was sup rising , no loud bang just a gentle pufft and the lock just swung open , it had destroyed the internal workings completly .

That was probably a mix of aluminum powder plus an oxidizer that generated enough heat. Thermite comes to mind. It generates lots of heat.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

Ya' know those add companies that lure people in with false claims? You, kind sir, are doing the same thing right now.
Please be more honest with your topics and reflect the content instead of opening with "well that's why they claim"

That being said, it is still a good read =).
edit on 14America/ChicagoMon, 29 Sep 2014 14:09:58 -0500upm2014-09-29T14:09:58-05:0030092014-09-29T14:09:58-05:00 by Heruactic because: I edited this for a reason.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Heruactic

Honest? what are you dribbling on about? I put in "well that's why they claim" because to many time in the past when a company has said they have an unpickable lock its been cracked at a later date.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
i remember years ago after my step dad died i bought two semi padlocks to secure his work shop and tools a week latter i found the shop stripped bear they locks were not cut but the doors were knocked off the hinges by a sledge hammer.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This city is filled with students and bikes, and it's known not to leave a good bike outside at night.
The students themselves just study and party, meanwhile the underground steal the good mountain bikes and after switching parts and some paint they are sold back to the city's inhabitants or students.
Leave the bike outside for a week and it's gone again.

I bought me a mountain bike for 50 euro, stole some wheels and I was good to go, 2 weeks later it got stolen.

argh!! got me a grinding disc, dragged a mb into the basement (was drunk) and well....

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
i was a bit of a scallywag as a young man, i could pick but it took too long but i think thats a good thing here.

you want time, time means risk and theifs dont want to be around doing illegal things, picking takes a long time normally and a good chain takes time to saw so unless you lock up your bike or whatever in a really remote place, theifs wont take it no matter how awesome your lock is or not.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
How about a lock with a magnetic key.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
it doesnt matter about the lock really.

with enough time anything is breakable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join