It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally an unpickable lock!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: StormyStars
a reply to: PhoenixOD

lol! Technically, a combination lock is unpickable lol!

Not true , a lot of combination locks can be picked using shims because they are spring loaded

edit on 26-4-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It's a Kryptonite style lock, which can be breeched with aerosol refrigerant. The keyway is a DOM style of pin setup @ 90 degrees to each other. I have fashioned a similar key for an activation switch not an actual DOM key. It took me five mins. My master taught me that any lock can be impressioned, but that was many years ago. Namaste

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The manufacturer should put out a MILLION DOLLAR CHALLENGE to anyone who can pick the lock without destroying it !

.... would be a good way to market it.

.... I will get on the phone with this company immediately !!!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Gimme a small bottle jack and whatever it's locking.....I'll nick it.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Liquid nitrogen, hammer and you're in.

Nuff said.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: StormyStars

lol! Technically, a combination lock is unpickable lol!

Not true , a lot of combination locks can be picked using shims because they are spring loaded

lol! Ok, ok, lol! I only meant combination lock were technically ONE of the 1st locks to be THOUGHT unpickable lol!

I guess I'm just not criminally minded or I just don't have anything THAT important to give it that much thought! lol!
! Apologies, no debate intended, just a loose thought PhoenixOD

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Once he starts explaining the design and mechanisms it is almost like "why didn't anyone think of this sooner," since it is sort of obvious after you're told. I don't think any system is totally secure, since there are multiple methods that someone could use if they really wanted to gain access to whatever the lock is protecting. In this case the lock might not be pickable, but that does not mean someone could not get it off. Obviously cutting it would be noisy since it would take some type of power tool, but generally people don't pick locks standing out in the open anyway...So I guess it would depend on where the lock was placed and what it was protecting.

But I also thought of the possibility of "breaking" the end portion, or cutting it, to allow complete access to the mechanism that holds and turns the key. Would that allow someone to see into the cylinder? Obviously if it were extremely difficult and one had to cut the lock just to gain access to the pins inside, it would probably be more economical to just cut the thing at the thinnest point, which would be the shackle portion itself.

So while it may not be pickable, and it is extremely well-designed, I don't think it is necessarily secure to someone who really wants to get through it. Sort of like how a safe is pretty secure, especially if it cannot be moved, and if someone wants inside of it and they know what they're doing, they can get inside. But there are not many people with the skills necessary. More people can pick locks than are equipped to break into something like a high end safe, so in that sense this lock is probably a good choice since it eliminates a large portion of thieves who would attempt to remove it. I guess my point is just that it is extremely difficult to create a system that is so secure that it cannot be broken into, IF all the other problems associated with the task can be overcome, and the thief is just facing the system itself.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: StormyStars

lol no probs, its all good

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
lol now i understand why the guy who made the video disabled the comments. He said that he had 1000's of people all saying that they could find some way to break the loop, or cut it etc. But that s completely a different subject no one is claiming the mechanism is indestructible. Its about the lock and how secure it is against being picked.

I mean you could have this lock installed in a normal door to replace the barrel lock and you could argue all you would have to do is smash a windows to get in or use dynamite to blow down a wall.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
Its about the lock and how secure it is against being picked.

While this is true, it's basically just decorative because it doesn't make it any safer.

It's like spinal tap's amps.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Its called a breach load.

Tungsten buckshot would pick that lock pretty quick.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Anything can be broken, hacked, stolen etc. All you need is time.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I've seen bicycles locked to street signs using locks like that, only to be stolen because the street sign was loosely cemented into the sidewalk, the thieves dismantled the bicycle (leaving the lock around the pole), or left behind a bicycle tire (and the lock around the pole).

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I think its needlessly complicated when a hack saw can be used.

That said, i can pick locks and i have no idea how one would pick that. Sooo i guess it does what it says on the box

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I have opened many locks around mines i worked at by pressing small amounts of explosives into the key hole and taping a blasting cap over the key hole.
I had to do this because of thieves that damaged the locks with things like superglue, driving screw drivers into the key hole to force the locks or tried to drill the locks.

These were Master Lock 6230 shackle locks in lock guards.
www.1st-in-padlocks.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Does the metal shatter with a blast of freon or some kind of liquid coolant like liquid oxygen?

The key works like a quarter in a gum ball machine. A slug coin would get the machine working, so with this, was thinking someone would use a few springs or something, like from ballpoint clicker pens, pack those in and see what they change.
edit on 18-9-2014 by AtomicOrbital1 because: i has a thought

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
lol was already debunk as fail

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Dolby_X

Bump keys made LPing easy.

This reminded me of the Kwikset Smartkey system.
They said was unpickable. True no pick is needed,
But can be defeated in less than 10 seconds by
using either of 2 different methods.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

liquid nitrogen and a tap with a hammer and job done .

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Nifty lock, but as many have suggested, probably easy to cut the metal with the right tools.. It also looks like a bicycle lock, which looks more expensive then the bike it would be securing anyway

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join