It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally an unpickable lock!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Well that's the claim of the manufacture anyway. I know a bit about lock picking and this is a very ingenious design.

But humans are clever monkeys so we will have to wait see if anyone can figure out a way to beat it.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
Well that's the claim of the manufacture anyway. I know a bit about lock picking and this is a very ingenious design.

But humans are clever monkeys so we will have to wait see if anyone can figure out a way to beat it.

Good find. Actually, GREAT find.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

There's a key. If there's a key a way to break it can be figured out, and probably without too much trouble once the tech is analyzed by a criminally minded locksmith expert. I couldn't do it, but a good steel cutter may do the trick as well and without much bother.

edit on 26-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Ok, so it is extremely hard or impossible to unlock by picking the lock but is it able to be cut?

Hacksaw, bolt cutters or cordless grinder with cutting disc will cut through unless it's some type of special alloy?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The battery powered angle grinder has made all padlocks obsolete................the is NO unpickable lock....

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mwood

Hacksaw, bolt cutters or cordless grinder with cutting disc will cut through unless it's some type of special alloy?

There are possible ways around using those tools. You can put a free rotating bar inside a tube. Its what they used for the bars on the cells in Alcatraz.

But the interest here is if it can be picked and not destroyed

edit on 26-4-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Gee, might not be pickable but it sure would be easy to whack with a small sledge. I wonder how long till it gets gunked up and the key gets stuck in it. I hope you aren't in a hurry to get it unlocked. Probably forget how to unlock it if you had it somewhere where you don't go very often. Have to plastic coat a set of instructions and attach to the lock.

edit on 26-4-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

There's a key. If there's a key a way to break it can be figured out, and probably without too much trouble once the tech is analyzed by a criminally minded locksmith expert. I couldn't do it, but a good steel cutter may do the trick as well and without much bother.

All locks are about mitigation, not complete prevention.

All security is such, to someone determined it will be breached.

The question is finding the right amount of Difficulty vs determination, to mitigate the attempt of theft.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I know a bit about lock picking. Being a dimple lock one of the ways to beat this kind of mechanism is to use something malleable to take an impression from the inside of the lock and then fashion a key. But i guessing the unique curved leaver will stop that from happening. Plus its not really picking.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Gee, might not be pickable but it sure would be easy to whack with a small sledge. I wonder how long till it gets gunked up and the key gets stuck in it. I hope you aren't in a hurry to get it unlocked. Probably forget how to unlock it if you had it somewhere where you don't go very often. Have to plastic coat a set of instructions and attach to the lock.

Your post brought to mind a funny memory. Remember when the locks that have a row of numbers you spin to the right combination came out? Yes, I'm that old. I had a GF who purchased one to put on her locker at a gym. She came crying one day, her locker had been broken into...I asked about her new fangled fancy lock. She took it out of her purse and showed it to me. I looked at it, on the back was a tiny piece of paper with tape over it...tiny numbers written on it.

I said "you dummy, you wrote the combination down!". She replied...but...I wrote them backwards....sigh....

Des

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
"Picking" locks is one way… nothing a Bosch grinder couldn't handle.

g-ecx.images-amazon.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Neat idea but I think only locksmiths pick locks. It really takes experience and, even with experience, can take some time.

Crooks may not have the former and definitely not the later.
edit on 26-4-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

A Bosh really?
Say a Makita, or a Dewalt, even a Hilti, but a Bosh? xD But I get your point hehe.

On-topic : Give ma pair of scissors, some anti-freeze, a spoon and a sandwich.
edit on thAmerica/Chicago426000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

lol! Technically, a combination lock is unpickable lol!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Cool locking mechanism but the shackle itself does not look overly strong. Nothing a mini bottle jack could not bust open in seconds. That is the weapon of choice here at the moment.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I could do it, give me a bit of time and i would be able to pick it 100% confident.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I think the lock would attract thieves, It's a neat looking lock, something to have in your collection.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Finally an unpickable lock!!

Of course

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
How many bike thieves actually pick the locks, though? Usually they take a hefty pair of bolt cutters to the problem at hand.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think the lock would attract thieves, It's a neat looking lock, something to have in your collection.

I'm glad you said it...a lock worth stealing.....

Des

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join