It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Albert Einstein's Theory of Relativity' (entertaining and educational video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
As the title suggests, I found this neat animated lecture on relativity. If you're like me and you're interested in the concepts, but have a hard time fully grasping it, I recommend this vid. Enjoy.

If you know of any other good videos that take complicated subjects and help make them easier to understand, please post!
edit on 26-4-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It's a slow yawn video something I'd be forced to watch in grade school lol. Pretty cool though, I'd share it with my daughter.

Always drove me crazy when I was a kid and would be in the car in the back seat looking down at the road. A truck would pull up and then move slowly forward. I would panic thinking our car was rolling backwards and grab on to something. hahaha.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
something I'd be forced to watch in grade school lol.

Nice. You must've gone to a much better grade skool than I!

edit on 26-4-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I wouldn't say that but our teacher was passionate about science. That said, the animation wouldn't have been this nice 25 years ago.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
There was a pleasant surprise in it for me, which is that I now have something I can show people to explain the "twin paradox", which isn't really a paradox, but a lot of people seem to think it is and some people seem to even doubt the internal consistency of relativity because of it.

You even see bogus headlines like this:

Einstein's Twin Paradox Finally Solved
No it wasn't "finally solved", it was never really a paradox to begin with, it was just a lack of understanding of relativity by some people.

The only problem is they slightly muddled the equivalence principle of gravitation and acceleration when they say Adam feels a gravitational field when he accelerates. I think this could have been clearer that there's not really a gravitational field, but it only seems like it to Adam, but aside from that it was pretty good.

I'll probably still refer people to it when they have questions about the twin paradox not because it's perfect but because I don't have anything better that a layperson can understand.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I like the one on QM better!
QM

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: saneguy
I like the one on QM better!
QM

Thanks for sharing!