It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary's Shoe Thrower Remains in Federal Custody

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister Are you being sarcastic? If someone nailed me with a shoe right in the face and it broke my nose, I wouldn't want them to go to prison for it. Pay my hospital bills and we'll call it even. Its called having compassion for your fellow man, even the stupid. Not that this womans stupid, I mean if someone threw a shoe at me for no reason it would be stupid. The fact that the shoe didn't hit her means there was really no crime.

If I threw a rock at someone walking down the street, and it didn't hit them, should I go to prison for two years? If you're a cop the answers probably yes, but any normal person would say no.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Bundy

If I threw a rock at someone walking down the street, and it didn't hit them, should I go to prison for two years? If you're a cop the answers probably yes, but any normal person would say no.

If I was walking down the street, minding my own business and a rock came bouncing down next to me, only failing to injure me because the person throwing it happened to miss? I wouldn't say 2 years is appropriate, but some time in the county jail to consider not trying to injure people would be fitting, IMO.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
When we make a stance on something, I suppose we are expressing our personal viewpoints. Your insisting that all who are oppressed by the oligarchs must go through legal channel to fight or else they are wrong; to that, I would say that's a personal view of yours- and yes, one that is devoid of compassion and empathy. Now I need to suggest something really personal to you to help you along to make things more bearable for you, and to be less offended....it is about time that you detach yourself from what you believe in (and that goes to anyone who reads this). I'm not attacking you as a person, but I may be trying to make you rethink your belief system. If I was being personal, I would call you an idiot for holding so dearly such and such beliefs. I did not...tho I must admit have had hard times restraining myself in a few occasions.

Thank you for your link to your rant. I am not sure how much you have accomplished since then, but I could tell you probably have had one-step-forward-two-steps-back moments. To say I had taken a "strong interest" in finding out where you were coming from probably was overstating it. But I can tell you now you have wasted your energy and appear to have been somehow steered away from your initial commitment. Try reading your own thread again, and tell me if your stance now is anywhere close to that of Ron Paul's (whom you highly regarded for good reasons).
If you are still offended by my remarks and suggestions, perhaps it isn't your time yet to receive them. Forget it and move on, but reflect on it some time.

Sticking to the topic at hand, yes I agree, throwing shoe at anyone is wrong, but in the scheme of things, I can understand why she did it. I would also forgive her especially knowing that no one was hurt (apart from Hillary's dignity if she had any left, that is).

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
If I was walking down the street, minding my own business and a rock came bouncing down next to me, only failing to injure me because the person throwing it happened to miss? I wouldn't say 2 years is appropriate, but some time in the county jail to consider not trying to injure people would be fitting, IMO.

This is where you and I differ. I would agree with Bundy. In fact I had written the above paragraph before I read Bundy's excellent post.
I don't know if you have seen the video below which I think someone on ATS has shared before. If not, it is highly recommended.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurius

I think we differ most in the fact I put rule of law and the necessity of it to underpin and support a civil society above emotion and passion for what cause seems the best to join at a given time.

Without rule of law and held to sincerely for the sake of having it, we have the rule of force. In some form, force is what comes in it's place. Tyranny by Government or Tyranny by private organization trying to stand in it's steed if civil order actually did fall....is still intolerable tyranny.

We differ, and our opinions do not and likely will never match. That's fine, too. It's a free nation. As cliche' as that sounds, examples like this are what bring meaning to it. We can voice polar opposite viewpoints on some matters and have no concern for personal consequence over holding the opinion.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   

....I put rule of law and the necessity of it to underpin and support a civil society...

That's fine. However, this only works if your "rule of law" is not hijacked by those that see it as a tool to serve themselves.
We all know that the law/justice system as it stands has been compromised, don't we? To defend it blindly means we are submissive to be used as instruments to uphold and complicit to the flourishing of a flawed system.

It's usually more effective improving a system from top down. For example, if you are teaching your kids not to use drugs, you'd better not be an addict yourself. If you want them to obey the law, don't go around breaking them yourself. So my suggestion? Maybe start working in getting war criminals or criminal banks prosecuted first instead of investigating into the crimes of a shoe thrower or a rancher and try to lock them up in jail?

I assume you are rather young and plenty of opportunities ahead of you. But really, in life, we don't have to do everything all at once....just do one thing right. If you start with that right one, the rest should fall in place and you will have your "rule of law" (and a fair one at that) fits nicely in place. If not, you will just be exhausting yourself going in circle with the same problem. I wish you luck.

edit on 27-4-2014 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
her ancestors jews from Odessa. What I personally do not need it as part of Russia Kiev Odessa Lviv, cattle to survive we must get rid of the parasite

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: mangust69
her ancestors jews from Odessa. What I personally do not need it as part of Russia Kiev Odessa Lviv, cattle to survive we must get rid of the parasite

So, you hate Hillary Clinton because the fascist state controlled Russian press claims she is a Jewish parasite. Thank you for your breathtaking honesty.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
She may as well of thrown a Dutch wooden clog at her for the punishment she is possibly going to receive. I commend her and hopefully she walks free.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

That purity much show's you who is running things doesn't it ?

The fact there are multiple video's on the net showing Hillary for the narcissistic sociopathic liar she is and still she is considered for the POTUS also tells you a lot about what this country and its population have become which in my opinion is way more scary then Hillary.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: mangust69

So, you hate Hillary Clinton because the fascist state controlled Russian press claims she is a Jewish parasite. Thank you for your breathtaking honesty.

Maybe you are reading too much between the lines, but I think it's about the shoe thrower or Hillary's ancestor carrying a strain of parasite that can kill his cattle in Kiev??? Gosh, I had no idea. Poor cattle. Glad that neither one of them is in Kiev.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Battleline

That leaves me scratching my head as well. The entire shadow system at work is really scary if you think about it.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I just don't get what crime I would be charged with lol. Can you tell me?

I don't get payed for attempting to go to work, why should I go to jail for attempting an assault.

I wish I could believe in our system of laws, I really truly do. It's more of systematic abuse than anything now, abused by those who claim they ARE the law.

I've called the cops 2 times in my whole life, once because my house was burglarized, another because my car was stolen. I've also been jumped, stolen from, and had shots fired into my house, and some other things where I never called the cops. If I know who caused the problem then I know where I need to go, and its not the police station.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
One throws a shoe at someone and faces a two-year sentence in Federal prison/hell.

The other's incompetence leads to the death of four people and the emboldening of a dangerous enemy. She enjoys all the luxuries of a queen and will soon rule our people.

This is 21st century justice.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

What crime would you be charged with if you threw a rock at someone on the street and missed?

Well, it would be attempted battery at the very least. I suppose if it wasn't vicious or aggrivated in some sense, that could be the only charge. I think creative reading of the law in many places could add some to that though, too.

I don't see where trying to injure another person like this is acceptable protest? If Hillary had been somewhat blinded in that direction by the lighting (ever been on a stage like that? It's not hard to imagine) it could have hit her in the face and broke her nose. The fact someone isn't good at aiming shouldn't negate any penalty for the attempt to injure someone else.

Protest is protest. Violence, at any level, is Violence. One ceases as the other begins, IMO. No blur to that line.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
You are correct.

But... if someone throws a shoe at me and misses, you know damn well that I would have to bribe some public official in order to have that person arrested. A trial occurring? That is laughable.

I can understand Hillary having Secret Service protection, but there shouldn't be a separate system of justice for her.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Touche'..You are correct on that.

..unless they threw a shoe at you with media running tape on the event as it was happening. Lots of things become impossible to ignore when the almighty video recording sits there. That was bad judgement for the setting, above all else I'd say.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

..unless they threw a shoe at you with media running tape on the event as it was happening. Lots of things become impossible to ignore when the almighty video recording sits there. That was bad judgement for the setting, above all else I'd say.

There have been plenty of authority abuses thousand folds much worse than shoe throwing recorded on videos. Should we be seeing these rogue official thugs in federal custody too facing jail terms?

Wrab, you seem strangely much highly determined to target the common protesters/folks rather than those oppressors who have broken more serious laws. Are you getting paid for your effort? If not, you should be. If yes, quit and become a whistleblower. Help get the country back on track. It is not only morally wrong, but maybe an illegal payment too that you are pocketing. Remember, the next generation coming after you will have to bear with the consequences of your actions now. This is primarily the motivation that many here exposing the ills of the system are doing - to make it a better tomorrow. What is yours? Please don't insult us with your "rule of law" and "civil society" rationales any further. It just doesn't make any sense any longer coming from you. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Didn't the dude in Iraq get three years or something for throwing a shoe at Bush (and missing)? Yeah, yeah not the U.S. but still....

Erm people go to prison for "attempting" things all the times. Attempted robbery, attempted armed robbery, attempted kidnapping, and so on. All there has to be in most places is intent to commit a crime. Certainly the case here.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

There have been plenty of authority abuses thousand folds much worse than shoe throwing recorded on videos. Should we be seeing these rogue official thugs in federal custody too facing jail terms?

Which cases would those be and what were the outcomes? I read about both directions as I try and follow the happenings across the nations courts for bringing interesting stuff to read on ATS. It may not always seem so, but that does swing both ways for courts both working and failing in spectacular ways.

I tend to reply and discuss only one thread at a time though...(as I've been trying to explain repeatedly with ya). Please...keep discussions to the thread we are on, and not across them, since I don't take "general positions" that dictate my views to specific examples.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Then tell us really why should this woman face a two-year federal prison term? Because it is on video? Seriously? Do you think this is fair or a blatant abuse of the system?

And tell us your true motivation, Wrab. Are you getting paid???

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join