It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bundy: If People Think I'm Racist, Blame MLK Jr.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy claimed during a Friday interview on CNN that he didn’t understand the bipartisan outrage over his recent comments suggesting the "Negro people" were “better off” as slaves, and blamed the perception that he's racist on Martin Luther King Jr. for not finishing “his job.”

"I took this boot off so I wouldn’t put my foot in my mouth with the boot on," Bundy said. "Let me see if I can say something. Maybe I sinned, and maybe I need to ask forgiveness, and maybe I don't know what I actually said, but when you talk about prejudice, we're talking about not being able to exercise what we think.

“If I say 'Negro' or 'black boy' or 'slave,' if those people cannot take those kind of words and not be [offended], then Martin Luther King hasn't got his job done yet," he added. "We need to get over this prejudice stuff."

Source

Well, it's working
The focus is off of BLM and on race

And sadly, Bundy is falling for it, by allowing the MSM to keep that the main focus instead of the real issue at hand
--His ordeal with BLM--

Just let it go Bundy, you won't win the 'race' tirade
No matter what you say to try and explain yourself, it won't be good enough and there will always be someone to pick apart your comments

Just wait and see.....

edit on 26-4-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Well, he's right, but the rest of the world is too far gone to even consider thinking about what he is trying to say.
They are told he is racist and all critical thinking shuts off. Time for the old emotional knee-jerk reaction.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace

Well, he's right, but the rest of the world is too far gone to even consider thinking about what he is trying to say.
They are told he is racist and all critical thinking shuts off. Time for the old emotional knee-jerk reaction.

I can say this...

The term 'negro' is used by the older generation mostly

My Grandmother called blacks 'colored'
And my husband's Aunt said 'negros'
Both are gone now....

But then you have a few blacks like Morgan Freeman who says he's not from Africa, therefore he's just an American

All the blacks I'm around say mostly 'black' or that other 'N' word that whites aren't allowed to say

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

You think the rest of the world is interested in what Cliven Bundy has to say? Outside of ATS, the rest of the world doesn't even know or care who Bundy is. ATS membership is not a representation of the world, not even America. I know that might be hard for some people to believe with such a staunch myopic view of the world.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

You think the rest of the world is interested in what Cliven Bundy has to say? Outside of ATS, the rest of the world doesn't even know or care who Bundy is. ATS membership is not a representation of the world, not even America. I know that might be hard for some people to believe with such a staunch myopic view of the world.

I doubt he meant the 'World' literally.... just a figure of speech

That's what the MSM harps on
And we catch their dribble....so to speak. LOL

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
goddamit bundy ya blew it

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

That is about as good of a response to this ridiculousness as could be hoped for.

Bravo Cliven, we are all as mystified by this attempt to obfuscate the BLM's behavior with libelous accusations of racism.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
See...I was on his side UNTIL he had to show his ass. What I wanna know is how the interview got to the point of talking about black people in America. WTF? I can't stand hearing people say ish like "I'm sure he didn't mean it that way" or "he's not racist". WHEN YOU SAY RACIST ISH THAT'S HIGHLY OFFENSIVE, THEN YOU'RE RACIST. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. And to make such an ignorant comment of saying MLK didn't do his job?!? GET THE FUNK OUTTA HERE WITH THAT BULSHLIP! Dusty old Jim Crow biotch!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: FeistyFemme
What I wanna know is how the interview got to the point of talking about black people in America.

Excellent question. This whole thing is supposed to be about alleged money owed the $$$ govt and Harry Reids land deal grab with the Chinese. I'm sure Reid is delighted that everyone is talking about race instead of about him being in bed with the Chinese ....

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Exactly! Harry Reid needs to go along with the rest of the government

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
he's just shooting himself in the foot day after day damn

i get what he's trying to say, he's not saying black people should go back to being slaves but he made very crude and blunt statements using slavery to illustrate his point - which in this day and age of american media is a big NO NO. i'm not american myself but i've read AAs for the most part were indeed better off in many aspects of life (father in the family and strong family values, lower crime than whites i believe, no abortion to speak of, unity and social cohesion, etc.) before desegregation and welfare and what have you

similar thing is going on in africa right now. when berlin drew the colonial borders they effectively created a multicultural chaos (something white nationalists whine and complain about all the time while european nations are among the homogeneous nations in the world), and thus a lot of africans don't have that social cohesion and feeling of unity. then they were essentially abandoned (independance) and throw in the corrupt leaders and it's no wonder things are going so bad in africa right now

i wonder if the black militia guy he was talking about is still there lol
edit on 26-4-2014 by MeteoraXV because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: FeistyFemme
What I wanna know is how the interview got to the point of talking about black people in America.

Excellent question. This whole thing is supposed to be about alleged money owed the $$$ govt and Harry Reids land deal grab with the Chinese. I'm sure Reid is delighted that everyone is talking about race instead of about him being in bed with the Chinese ....

the entire corporate world is "in bed" with the Chinese...by the way, the Chinese company pulled out of that deal in 2013 because they could not secure the contracts for the power distribution....here's a Scopes article that explains it simply and to the point....www.snopes.com...

and come to find out, the only property this big western rancher owns, is about a hundred acres that he grows melons on.....this is exactly why people here on ATS should check on the facts firstm before getting ready to start a revolution.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MeteoraXV
goddamit bundy ya blew it

You'd think he sold women's shoes or something.

I bet the guy would love nothing more than to have things like they were just a couple of months ago.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412
The term 'negro' is used by the older generation mostly

My Grandmother called blacks 'colored'
And my husband's Aunt said 'negros'

It's not his use of the word "Negro" that paints him as racist. That is irrelevant. That's how much people understand about the race issue. He categorized black people as:

Under government subsidy
Aborting their children
Putting their men in jail
Having nothing to do
Possibly being better off as slaves

It's the assumptions and generalizations he made about the race of people that sounded like he was talking about certain animals in a zoo. It's the idea that he seems to think poor blacks are CHOOSING to live the lives they live and totally responsible for their station in life, when years of slavery and systemic racism and bigotry are actually to blame.

This comment about MLK is as stupid is most of the other stuff he's said.

Who displays a federal flag and then says he doesn't follow federal laws? Does he honor the country or not?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
Larry Elder

Wrong again BH...its Media Matters causing another $&itStorm...like they did against Sara Palin.

So your not involved with propaganda groups?

edit on 26-4-2014 by Granite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I don't know if I've seen this question asked: Has Mr. Bundy officially renounced his American citizenship?

Seems like that would be a first step if you don't "believe" in the US Government.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
Larry Elder

Wrong again BH...its Media Matters causing another $&itStorm...like they did against Sara Palin.

Uh, no. This is his mess, it's his mouth he keeps having verbal diarrhea from. If you can't keep your eye on your own ball (his land issues) when speaking publicly, then really, the onus is on you, not those airing your drivel.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
So the name Larry Elder sets you off?

It should...

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah
So the name Larry Elder sets you off?

It should...

What? How did you get that from what I said about Bundy there?? No, Bundy ticks me off. It's called digging yourself your own hole. When the full vid transcript came out & clarified his comment, he should have let it drop. Stating that "MLK hasn't done his job" is a feasting on your foot now. Stirring the sh**pot doesn't just happen from the MSM's side. Bundy's doing it to ruffle feathers, and is deflecting attention from his land problems with the gov. He is, in essence, killing off any interest in this because he can't help but poke the pokers back. It's a bad strategy,
edit on 4/26/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Larry Elder

They didn't have to start a storm against Palin just like they haven't started a storm against Bundy. Those two idiots opening their mouths was all that was needed to start the storm. So did Bundy forget the blame MLK Jr for getting shot or did the dimwit forget that happened.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join