It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, no, no, no! Give NO ONE control, over the planet, or any other thing!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Oh Brothers and Sisters... How can we folly in such fulsome terms, as to believe that any flawed, fallible being should have control over ANYTHING?

There have been a few threads kicking up lately, with a leaning toward the idea of handing total control to an individual member here. Their interests politically differ, as do their intentions toward religious freedom, and they would wish to characterise those differences by way of the different rules and methods they would implement.

I think it is worth considering a different, and unique approach. No control of anything, by any small group. Majority rule, and majority vote on every little thing instead.

Sure, there has to be rule of law, because society is not perfect, and you cannot have people getting away with randomly beating a room full of people to death with a hammer, just for kicks. But surely it would be best to have the rules enforced by the people as a whole, as opposed to any individual, or small group of individuals within society?

I would like to live in a country, and indeed a world, where it is not just the right of every person to defend themselves and their community, but their DUTY! I would like to live in a world where every citizen, of every nation, has a responsibility to look to the safety and well being of his or her fellow citizen, where every person has a legal obligation, enforced by the community, to protect those who cannot protect themselves, and to act in all things for the betterment of that society.

I would like to be part of a society, where every person has an equal say in voting on the issues, not for parties. I would like to be part of a society, which has no leader, no committees, no small number of people in expensive clothes, in an expensive room, talking utter crap and getting no where while absorbing my hard earned money in tax. I want to live in a society in which every citizen is the boss, and where the ONLY power rests with the majority, where no small group of suits can wield power over the people who mistakenly voted for them.

I want to live in a society where everyone is educated to a minimum standard allowing them to fully grasp the importance and structure, of justice, freedom, and common respect amongst people. I want to live in a society which regulates its own existence, rather than being regulated by those who live outside both the reach of law, and the ideals of justice. I want to live in a society which polices itself, where no one person wields more power than any ten people. I want to live in a society which is dictated to, only by itself, rather than being ruled over by liars, scam artists, and fraudsters.

I want to live in a society which has no boss, no command structure, no concentration of power what so ever. I say screw handing control of the planet, or any one nation for that matter, to any one person. I say hand it to all people, as a whole.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

BRAVO, TruBrit! You may not live up to Beezzer's promise to bring back Joss Whedon's firefly but your rant certainly has the most merit!

And I agree wholeheartedly.

edit on Cam2Saturday3220142230Sat, 26 Apr 2014 02:32:22 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: stupid phone

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

people getting away with randomly beating a room full of people to death with a hammer,

??? What's wrong with a room full of people and a hammer. From what I've seen we could use a few more hammers.

I want to live in a society where everyone is educated to a minimum standard

OMG! An anarchist! Mods! Mods!

Actually I agree with you.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

S&F!

I concur on your desire for mob rule tempered by logic and conscientious reasoning!

I see troubles with enforcing minimum education and I wonder what exactly you are implying?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I would like to live in a country, and indeed a world, where it is not just the right of every person to defend themselves and their community, but their DUTY!

Holy Cow!

So I only have one question... are you going to give me two acres of land like the other despot in the other thread offered? Cause if not I don't see how you can possibly be elected.

Show me the money!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Power corrupts, absolutely.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

What I mean by that, is that there should be a high minimum standard of education, which would allow each person to have a good grasp of how to form whole opinions, based on reason and ethics. At the moment, the big argument against such a system is that folk think that many people are not aware enough of the factors which affect things like financial and defence security, to be able to comment on them and form policy related to them which would be effective, due to a lack of specific education in that regard.

Under a system of properly distributed responsibility, education in those matters, and many others, would be necessary in order to resolve any argument of that nature. Furthermore, I am not merely speaking of educating people in the core subjects, but in every facet of life under a system of universally distributed responsibility. Every person should know enough about everything to make informed choices as to how they are to proceed in life, how they will vote on the issues of the day, and so on, both for their own benefit, and for the benefit of their fellow citizens.

A system of distributed responsibility would require that everyone participate after all, otherwise the entire process would be void. Therefore the distribution of information amongst the people would also have to be universal, in order that the best choices be made by voters on the issues of the day, no matter how apparently complicated.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

I can get behind this thread.

I personally agree with some of what TrueBrit says. With that said, i do think that such a society would be a difficult one to maintain. Humans are a social animal, and i can't see a free society as described in the OP, surviving in its pure form.

People will naturally come together to achieve a common goal. For example:

Laws? Who's to enforce them? The majority? Surely people will band together and form a unit capable of enforcing the law...a police force?

Politics? Who'd to decide? The majority? Surely people will band together based on similar ideals...that is how political parties and movements are formed.

---

While i do agree that a free society as described in the OP would be an interesting one, people will always come together to achieve a common goal. That means that there will almost always be a concentration of power where the minority will have greater power over the majority.

A good proposal nonetheless. (Definitely better than the others i have seen, lol).

Daas.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I find that to be quite fair and balanced!

I would gladly live under such tyranny!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

That's the thing. I am not looking to get elected. I am looking to get everyone on Earth elected, so that each persons needs and ideals are represented fully, and so that each person on Earth has an entirely equal share of the power which has been centred around either despots and dictators, or elected officials who are elected based on lies, and hold concentrations of power and wealth through greed and corruption.

Me personally? I do not need two acres of land for myself. All I need is enough space to store my meagre property, and eat, sleep, shower, shave, and that other word that begins with S and involves a toilet. But if you think you ought to have two acres, then by all means see how the people feel about being given two acres of land each, assuming of course that your reason has allowed you to work out that there is enough space for that! Each, quite literally to their own in that regard!

I suppose I can understand that it might be necessary for some people to be incentivised to protect their society as an automatic duty of being a citizen, in your case with the offer of land. Me? I would fight, kill, and die just to maintain the small circumstances of my life, and protect my community, despite the fact that I have little obvious incentive. My personal motivations have nothing to do with what I get out, but what I am allowed to put in. I live in a country where it is no longer clear what moral responsibility one has toward his fellow man. I would like to live in a world where there was no grey space where that is concerned.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

Tyranny? That would require a dictator, a tyrant to be heading things up. This however, would be a hydra without a body. Many heads though!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Who enforces the law? Everyone, not small groups of people wielding power over a large one, but a large group of people enforcing the law on those who break it. Imagine a society where every person has the right to uphold the law and protect society from those who would seek to break it, where every housebreaker is effectively breaking into the home of an officer of the law.

Imagine also a situation where the people MAKE the law! Not a government, but the people themselves!

Regarding politics, that is the entire point. I am suggesting that people ought to vote on the issues at hand, not for someone to do that work for them, to decide on their behalf. This places the power in the hands of the people in truth, not just in word, as it has been in the past. The destiny of the human race, actually placed in the hands of its members, for the first time in history. The great mass of the people, free to make their own laws, decide on how they are enforced, and all without any executive oversight what so ever.

I assume you can see what I am getting at here?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Whilst I agree with your OP, everyone having a hand in major decisions would not work. Look at the US politics, only two parties and nothing can be agreed on, can you imagine over 300 million people trying to agree on anything? The UK is the same, even the current collocation government cannot agree, how will 60 million Brits fair any better?

I'm still leading towards Flyerfan as world President, sorry Truebrit

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Well said ..
Though will continue to stay as far from "civilization" and those who would be kings as I can .. have neither a need nor use for any of it .. walked away from the cesspool of civilization years ago ..
Live and let live .. but try to rule me and the next person you speak to will be the king of hell I follow no one.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

The US system fails because only the entitled members of congress, the senate, and persons in the administration of whichever president happens to be in office, actually have any say in anything at all.

In fact, the US would find itself better able to move forward if the debate was opened up to the people, rather than being the sole task of elected, corrupt officials to proceed with. Let us say that someone wants more drones in the sky. When the vast majority of people say " Screw that, I like sitting in my garden without my pants on", they vote accordingly, and the motion is crushed.

This comes back to the education thing as well. You might think that it would be difficult and time consuming for people to navigate some issues that are dealt with by government, but if everyone had access to good information from the get go, a good education and general knowledge base, then actually, near enough all problems would cease to present a baffle, and informed opinion would win out. Remember, all that would be required, would be that more people vote for one action or policy, than vote for others being presented in the same vein. It would not be hard to organise, especially with the power of modern computing and the reach of mobile telecommunication technology!
edit on 26-4-2014 by TrueBrit because: Spelling and grammar corrections.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
and they would wish to characterise those differences by way of the different rules and methods they would implement.

Actually .... I started the thread in response to the original thread .... it was supposed to be funny and it was supposed to highlight how deadly the first one was. I wouldn't expect anyone to have full control. All that power in the hands of one person would lead to exactly what the original thread intended .... LOTS OF DEATH AND THEFT AND DESTRUCTION.

So mine was just to be a fun response ....

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Good! I like fun! Speaking of which, it is time for me to make a cup of tea while singing silly songs, and gesticulating excessively!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
What about your bowels?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Actually, no human being is in full control of their bowels, as contracting a stomach flu or bug will demonstrate in ample, and graphic terms. Although a certain amount of will can be exerted upon them and their behaviour, most control over... what happens and when, is provided by the sphincter, rather than the bowel itself.

Outside of that, the entire section from bowel to butt hole is essentially beholden to the same laws of physics as a gravity assisted plumbing system.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

LOL. Yes, there is some control...preferable to diapers that "no" control would engender...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join