It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr Obama Build/Finish that Border Fence!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

firstly you don't have to explain to me how you became a US citizen because of your grand parents .
Basically what your saying is that as long as an "immigrant" obtains a citizenship "leagally" your OK withm being in the US?
Please answer this question ....

You say you lived in third world "Nations" But were you ever living in poverty ? Or were you just that kid watching from the window ?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Let me add this angle! Present day America - Do you know how much money would be lost if they fixed that border in a meaningful way? Any clue~

Let's just hypothetically say that federal government or state for that matter agreed on a spending measure that would plug the fence and illegal immigration was curbed to perhaps just a trickle. The need for border agents would decrease, meaning hiring would cease and perhaps even layoffs depending on business. You also have to consider that ICE would be impacted as as well as the years progress. Does anyone know how much an ICE agent makes for himself? Keep solving the problems, drugs smuggling is also contained, what impact would that have on the DEA and how much does a DEA agent make. Seasonal migrant workers are no longer coming back. Mr John Farmer now has to pay more money to stay operational, overhead increases as less work force demands more money for more production. Don't even get me started if US workers started working on farms and how much pay they would demand along with benefits. You want to keep solving. The way our system is built there's no way you can maintain a productive system without causing a major spike in the cost of living which we know nobody wants or can afford to pay. The agricultural frame work along with construction would be decimated in a matter of time. How bad the wounds are is based on how well we can curtail the border. So I ask you do you really want to solve the problem without first solving the problems at the top with our elected officials. Asking for border control is akin to illegal immigrants asking for reform each election year, I'll promise to change if you vote me in and then you get the middle finger once their in office. Money is the driving force in this nation and you no longer control it. So go ahead keep acting as though you think fixing the border is just a matter of getting a wholesale proposal from many construction companies who are salivating for that kind of work. The irony of it all would be illegal immigrants would be the front runners (no pun intended) at putting up that fence. You see it's not the illegal immigrants that are the problem is the system that was built that gives incentives for crossing over, we know that some will come over and work the farms, some will get caught at the border and some will move drugs. That's were the Border Patrol, ICE and the DEA all have jobs dependent on this happening. Ask anyone of these agents if they're willing to be laid off tomorrow because they're no longer needed on account they've found a solution. How many families living comfortably in the middle suburbs putting their kids through school, paying off a mortgage would realistically speaking want to solve this? Seriously~ Just because its like this doesn't mean it's right it just means our way of doing business is wrong. Let me know your thoughts?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Basically what your saying is that as long as an "immigrant" obtains a citizenship "leagally" your OK withm being in the US? Please answer this question ....

You say you lived in third world "Nations" But were you ever living in poverty ?

Yes and yes. If immigrant's follow our laws I am OK with it. Whatever those laws may be, whether I agree with them or not. That's what a republic is.

Poverty... I would like to forget it. I have been both inside and outside of poverty, either way doesn't allow me to flaunt the laws of a sovereign nation. Yes I have lived in third world countries in poverty.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: RobertDeniro

Do you know how much money would be lost if they fixed that border in a meaningful way?

I don't care, secure the borders.

The need for border agents would decrease

Mr John Farmer now has to pay more money to stay operational

I don't care, secure the borders. This problem will even itself out anyway. Capitalism does work if the government and federal reserve don't screw it up.

The way our system is built there's no way you can maintain a productive system without causing a major spike in the cost of living

Still don't care, secure the borders. The economy will resolve the issues.

So go ahead keep acting as though you think fixing the border is just a matter of getting a wholesale proposal from many construction companies who are salivating for that kind of work.

Actually I believe Israel is the one bidding on this. Check the OP link. They're pretty good at building walls (which I don't agree with but is another issue.)

Let me know your thoughts?

Paragraph's are your friend.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago
a reply to: RobertDeniro

Do you know how much money would be lost if they fixed that border in a meaningful way?

The need for border agents would decrease

Mr John Farmer now has to pay more money to stay operational

I don't care, secure the borders. This problem will even itself out anyway. Capitalism does work if the government and federal reserve don't screw it up.

The way our system is built there's no way you can maintain a productive system without causing a major spike in the cost of living

Still don't care, secure the borders. The economy will resolve the issues.

So go ahead keep acting as though you think fixing the border is just a matter of getting a wholesale proposal from many construction companies who are salivating for that kind of work.

Actually I believe Israel is the one bidding on this. Check the OP link. They're pretty good at building walls (which I don't agree with but is another issue.)

Let me know your thoughts?

Paragraph's are your friend.

Well,I'll be straight with you I feel like their is more to this illegal Alien thing with you than meets the eye .
After reviewing your history of threads on this subject I truly believe you simply hate Mexicans being in the US Period! You don't seem to address any other enthic group . you claim that your only issue is the "breaking of law"( get real dude how many laws have you broken that you probably don't know about?) I honestly feel like that you cover behind the whole "breaking law" excuse......
Why in other threads do you tell people to RISE Up and take back the country? Would that not be breaking "laws"?

BTW .. ...I don't think their is anything you can do about closing the boarders . ..chirp a little louder maybe ?

Just saying

edit on 0194043041944th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Its funny when these "secure our borders" rants pop up, its always just about the southern border. "Build the damn fence already!" "These dirty Mexicans are destroying our way of life!" But not a single word is said about the northern border which is pretty much not even monitored.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Who do you think, picks and grows the food in southern California, for northern Californians?
Mexicans that's who.

And if the illegals weren't in this country doing it, then the unemployed Americans would have to be out there doing it ... earning a paycheck. Then the amount of money we are spending on unemployment and welfare would go down because more Americans would be working.

Quality of immigrants is what the US should focus on.

Yes. We should have the exact same immigration laws that Mexico has ....
- No one allowed to come in the country unless they have a specific skill that is needed.
- Push all our dead weight NORTH into CANADA. Send all our welfare folks up that way, and empty the jails and send them with a gov't printed map in hand on how to get to Toronto. Then when Canada complains that we are sending all our deadweight into their country, we can complain that they are just racists or bigots and that they aren't humane because they want to close their borders to the poor and needy.

That'll help us out a lot.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Its funny when these "secure our borders" rants pop up, its always just about the southern border. "Build the damn fence already!" "These dirty Mexicans are destroying our way of life!" But not a single word is said about the northern border which is pretty much not even monitored.

.... because hordes of Canadians aren't spilling over the border by the tens of millions to come live here illegally. Common sense ... put the plug up where the most leak is coming from first. The border with Mexico is a freak'n waterfall. The border with Canada is just barely damp.
edit on 4/26/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Yes! Build a fence! Isolationism! WHOOOOOHOOOOOO!

Can't we contract Israel to do it? I hear they're good at building walls. Lets get rid of all undesirables seal us of from the world. Make sure its at least 6 feet thick, 25 feet tall and nothing can penetrate it or escape it. Then when I find a genie's lamp my wish will be to fill it with water, so you can learn irony.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

To be clear I believe any child born on US soil to be an American. I also believe any immigrant here outside of our immigration laws to be a criminal.

I disagree. If at least one parent is a legal Citizen, then their child is also. If you are both illegal,so is that child.
Just being born here should not make you a Citizen.
That is part of the problem. It helps drive them to come here and most are not insured. Who ends up picking up that hospital bill? Us and drives up premiums or payed for with our tax money.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: RobertDeniro
Do you know how much money would be lost if they fixed that border in a meaningful way? Any clue~

Do you know how much money would be saved if they fixed that border in a meaningful way? Any clue -

Illegal Aliens a Drain on US Taxpayers

Illegal Aliens Cost US Taxpayers 113 Billion $$$ a Year

Fiscal Cost of Unlawful Immigrants and Amnesty to the US Taxpayer

There is more information out there ... but as you can see, the cost of a security wall is probably a whole lot less then then what it costs to leave the borders wide open.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Excellent post, the cost out weighs the benefits, except for corporations. I have no problem with a stronger working visa program, after the illegal immigration problem is stopped. I haven't heard anybody for total isolation on this issue.
If the border would be really secured, even with military, I think you would drastically cut down on the drug problem that we have. As a Democrat angle, it would save our kids from drugs.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Push all our dead weight NORTH into CANADA. Send all our welfare folks up that way, and empty the jails and send them with a gov't printed map in hand on how to get to Toronto. Then when Canada complains that we are sending all our deadweight into their country, we can complain that they are just racists or bigots and that they aren't humane because they want to close their borders to the poor and needy.

We should have just sent back all the dead weight that has come to America over the last couple hundred of years. We can solve a lot of our problems by packing their descendants up and sending them back to their homeland.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Yes and yes. If immigrant's follow our laws I am OK with it. Whatever those laws may be, whether I agree with them or not. That's what a republic is.

That's one of the best cases for amnesty that I have come across.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Do you know how much money would be saved if they fixed that border in a meaningful way? Any clue -

But did you do the math and figure out the net balance?

edit on 26-4-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Well,I'll be straight with you I feel like their is more to this illegal Alien thing with you than meets the eye .

Really? Huh.. but no. I just don't think people (from any country) should be crossing our borders illegally.

After reviewing your history of threads on this subject I truly believe you simply hate Mexicans being in the US Period!

It's not Mexican's that I hate, it's criminals breaking the law entering the country.

You don't seem to address any other enthic group

As soon as those Canadians begin their southward migration and illegally cross the northmen US border by the millions you can bet I'll be saying something about it.

To Muse7 - The main immigration trouble is the southern border with Mexico. What, I should be hollering about the Norwegians?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

But..

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Mr Obama Build/Finish that Border Fence!

Puts a whole new spin on Obama's comments about ....

"You didn't build that" LOL

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
In the mid 1960s the US decided to build a fence across a very small border between North and South Vietnam.. They placed a division of Marines on it and all sorts of air and artillery support to patrol and bombard people attempting to cross over... It didn't work.... The idea of a fence across the southern border is at best just a silly fantasy that can't be done.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Our crops somehow got picked before we were swamped with illegal immigrants. That's hardly a reason to justify not enforcing Federal laws. The administration nor the Justice Department shouldn't get to pick and choose which laws to enforce and which to ignore, it isn't their job nor within their powers.

I agree completely, America for Americans and I disagree about anchor babies. Most Nations do not reciprocate on that idea and you are the nationality of your parents. Otherwise you legally divide families and that isn't right. Being born here is also not justification for allowing illegal parents to remain in country. This feel-good share-the-wealth mentality has left millions of Americans unemployed, forced property rates and rents higher and drains the tax revenues through increased use of public services and infrastructure.

The rest of us will be sent to jail pronto for breaking the law. This is plainly pandering for political gains and to increase their future voter base.

What good is a $700 million/year military when we're allowing an invasion to go unchecked?
All of us are paying and our children will end up a minority in their own country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join