Mr Obama Build/Finish that Border Fence!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Anyone who's ever read one of my posts on US immigration knows I'm not fond of allowing illegal immigrants to come into the US against our laws.

It seems to me that every single illegal within the US should be rounded up and deported to their country of origin. Add to that the US should finish completion of the southern border fence with Mexico and stop hindering ICE from their job of keeping our border secure. Deploy the military along our southern border if need be.

To be clear I believe any child born on US soil to be an American. I also believe any immigrant here outside of our immigration laws to be a criminal.

Don't care what big business and their CEO say about "needing qualified people or cheap labor," there are tens of millions of Americans with and without college degrees willing to work but can't find a job. Work with them to help make this country a better place.

Let's take America back for Americans.

For those who need a link: NY Times: U.S.-Mexico Border Fence News

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
That, or you know, punishing those that employee illegals.

That'd close a huge gap, and address motivators, rather than patching a hole.

Id rather take the carrot away drawing people, than resort to sticks.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

Removing the motivations for hiring illegals is a great step as well. We still need to address the 11+ million who are in our country and should not be.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
You know, I always sorta laugh when the immigration issue comes up.

For one simple reason. Who do you think, picks and grows the food in southern California, for northern Californians?

Mexicans that's who.

What people don't realize is that they complain about illegal immigration, but they don't complain about paying the nanny 7 bucks an hour cause they can.

It's a strange dichotomy that exists. i'm on board with you though, illegal is illegal and that sucks. People born here should be provided citizenship, there should be a path to citizenship that's relatively easy and painless.

Quality of immigrants is what the US should focus on.

~Tenth
edit on 4/25/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

For one simple reason. Who do you think, picks and grows the food in southern California, for norther Californians?

True and valid as far as it goes. If farmers have to pay more for agricultural workers the price of food goes up. So be it. That's what capitalism is all about. I believe if we implement strict immigration control these issues will work themselves out. Might be painful in the short haul but in the long run America will resolve itself into a better nation.

Frankly I'm not even against boosting certain visa's for specific industries. Just want people to obey the laws of the land first.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago
Anyone who's ever read one of my posts on US immigration knows I'm not fond of allowing illegal immigrants to come into the US against our laws.

It seems to me that every single illegal within the US should be rounded up and deported to their country of origin. Add to that the US should finish completion of the southern border fence with Mexico and stop hindering ICE from their job of keeping our border secure. Deploy the military along our southern border if need be.

To be clear I believe any child born on US soil to be an American. I also believe any immigrant here outside of our immigration laws to be a criminal.

Don't care what big business and their CEO say about "needing qualified people or cheap labor," there are tens of millions of Americans with and without college degrees willing to work but can't find a job. Work with them to help make this country a better place.

Let's take America back for Americans.

For those who need a link: NY Times: U.S.-Mexico Border Fence News

That Border fence will stand tall and proud while the drug masterminds build tunnels that run underground and right underneath the border fence. In all seriousness if it didn't benefit someone, the problem would've been solved a long time ago.
edit on 25-4-2014 by lostbook because: typo

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

That Border fence will stand tall and proud while the drug masterminds build tunnels that run underground and right underneath the border fence.

Maybe so which is why I suggested deploying the military along our borders. I doubt the drug runners will have much success against them.

Frankly I'm surprised that there has been no illegal immigrant apologists adding their two cents on why it's good for Americans that illegals overrun our borders. I don't believe there is anything good come from allowing illegals to remain in the US. Obama is a disgrace in securing our borders. Forget Bush, we're talking about now.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

If we've already got 13 million illegals in our country, isn't that enough labor force to do the dirty jobs that others refuse to do?

We have some friends that during the spring/summer, they acquire Mexicans through the correct channels via way of temporary visas

However, each year the paper work is getting more and more tedious
This year they are 4 weeks late getting here due to having go through all these hoops, the LEGAL way

Maybe that's why many companies take chances with hiring illegals--like Tyson's chicken in Arkansas for example-- I can't remember how many times ICE raided those places many years ago when we were the doing Rodeo circuit around there
A bunch, I know that!!
Not sure if they still do it or not, it's been a while since we've been that way

We've always wondered, other than the financial aspect of it, why politicians won't touch the topic of a fence along the border
Dems & Rep. alike avoid that like the plague

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

We've always wondered, other than the financial aspect of it, why politicians won't touch the topic of a fence along the border Dems & Rep. alike avoid that like the plague

Probably because they fear to be called "racist or haters" for one and don't want to alienate voters who are legal immigrants. Seems if they would simply face the issue based on facts they could fix any problems we have. Quite simply actually.

As I look at the illegal issue I'm reminded again and again of the "in your face" attitude and perspective of illegals within our borders. The contempt is obvious, they do not respect this country or the American citizens within it.

I must say the silence of the illegal immigrant apologist here is deafening. Nothing but crickets. I'd ask those who believe in amnesty to present their case. Honestly I'd like to hear it.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Probably because they fear to be called "racist or haters" for one and don't want to alienate voters who are legal immigrants. Seems if they would simply face the issue based on facts they could fix any problems we have. Quite simply actually.

Could be because they own stock in and benefit from the companies that hire them.

As I look at the illegal issue I'm reminded again and again of the "in your face" attitude and perspective of illegals within our borders. The contempt is obvious, they do not respect this country or the American citizens within it.

You and every other person complaining about the same thing all over the globe throughout history.

I must say the silence of the illegal immigrant apologist here is deafening. Nothing but crickets. I'd ask those who believe in amnesty to present their case. Honestly I'd like to hear it.

I'm all for amnesty but have no case to present. Sorry.

edit on 26-4-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I'm all for amnesty but have no case to present. Sorry.

Fair enough, thank you.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
It will never happen. Democrats need the votes and republicans need the labor.

Let's also not forget that almost all of the fences built to date have been done by illegal immigrants.

Frankly, illegal immigrants are a vital part of the economy in the US and to cut that "pipeline" off would have a dramatic effect on our already fragile economy.

This country was built on the backs of immigrants, legal or otherwise, and will continue to be that way until this fine republic falls.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

For one simple reason. Who do you think, picks and grows the food in southern California, for northern Californians?

Mexicans that's who.

What people don't realize is that they complain about illegal immigration, but they don't complain about paying the nanny 7 bucks an hour cause they can.

It's a strange dichotomy that exists. i'm on board with you though, illegal is illegal and that sucks. People born here should be provided citizenship, there should be a path to citizenship that's relatively easy and painless.

Quality of immigrants is what the US should focus on.

~Tenth

People who say deportation is the route, have no clue the impact on our society that would cause.

I say, patch the holes, Kill the incentives, than work on reform once the perpetual addition of more numbers added to the problem stops.

Its a larger issue, that People boil down to simple talking points.

Build that fence, Deport them, ETC.

When to do that, we are already trusting government to do that which it failed, So any Immigration reform needs to be measured and cautious.

The economic, societal and HUMAN impact are too great to reduce it to talking points.
edit on 26-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I find the notion that a fence on the border will somehow keep 'illegals' out.

Im sorry, but that's just naïve and silly.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
It seems that each year that goes by, the collective memory span of the human race gets shorter and shorter.

I seem to remember another wall that was erected in the recent past. Hmm.....yea, i think this was it.

How long till this wall/fence on the US southern border will be used against the citizens of that nation?

The wall that keeps the foreigner out will also keep the citizen imprisoned.
Be careful what is asked for, for this wall/fence is a double edge sword.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots
True, many overstay their visa.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: occrest

The wall that keeps the foreigner out will also keep the citizen imprisoned. Be careful what is asked for, for this wall/fence is a double edge sword.

Perhaps but not necessarily so. We can have a secure border against illegal immigrants without affecting citizens of the USA. That whole idea doesn't really hold up. It's why we have passports.
edit on 326am3030am12014 by Bassago because: another *sigh* typo

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I think every man /woman has the right to travel and migrate unrestricted . I also feel that every man/woman has a right to life .. How about you put your self in their shoes OP ? You were born in a privileged society I am sure... You act as if they come here just to break laws and undermine "America" . why don't you trace your roots and see how illegal your bloodline is? Let us not forget who was born to this land first .

This world is free to every man woman and child ! It's the ignorance man who put boarders on life ! And created laws that bring unfair justice .

Op your very selfish . America knows nothing of poverty these days . your Attachment to this material life is only temporary ,why not enjoy the beauty of it and coulters contained within it .

Round them up you say ? Like cattle? ..... Heh...

edit on 0092023040942th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

a reply to: occrest

The wall that keeps the foreigner out will also keep the citizen imprisoned. Be careful what is asked for, for this wall/fence is a double edge sword.

Perhaps but not necessarily so. We can have a secure border against illegal immigrants without affecting citizens of the USA. That whole idea doesn't really hold up. It's why we have passports.

Passports are only valid at the whim of the issuing gov't body.

There is an old adage that goes something like 'those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it'

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere
I think every man /woman has the right to travel and migrate unrestricted . I also feel that every man/woman has a right to life .. How about you put your self in their shoes OP ? You were born in a privileged society I am sure... You act as if they come here just to break laws and undermine "America" . why don't you trace your roots and see how illegal your bloodline is? Let us not forget who was born to this land first .

This world is free to every man woman and child ! It's the ignorance man who put boarders on life ! And created laws that bring unfair justice .

Op your very selfish . America knows nothing of poverty these days . your Attachment to this material life is only temporary ,why not enjoy the beauty of it and coulters contained within it .

Round them up you say ? Like cattle? ..... Heh...

My grandparents immigrated to the US in a legal fashion. My father married my mother who was from the UK and legally became a nationalized citizen. I was born American. They followed the law, illegal border jumpers do not.

Regardless of what you think foreigners do not get to bypass sovereign laws. Regardless of what you, they or sympathetic supporters think.

This world is free to every man woman and child ! It's the ignorance man who put boarders on life

Unfortunately no, it is not. In a perfect world then maybe it would be. We are not there and with the way things are today I'll stick with sovereign laws. I know you don't agree that nations should be able to set their own laws but that's the way it is... at least for now.

Don't say America knows nothing of poverty. I personally spent most of my life growing up in third word nations with a "pop in" to America on very rare occasions. I probably know poverty better than you ever will.
edit on 352am0202am22014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join

ATS Live Reality Remix IS ON-AIR! (there are 20 minutes remaining).
ATS Live Radio Presents - Reality Remix Live SE6 EP6

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def