"We have been accused of trying to undermine Dodd-Frank, I hope we’re guilty of it.”

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
This is despicable; the bankster lobbyists wield so much power in CONgress nowadays, when the congressmen get together to debate regulations on their industry, the only thing they argue about is whether to give the banksters everything they want or if maybe, they should give them EVEN MORE.

Meet the Banking Caucus, Wall Street’s Secret Weapon in Washington

“Occasionally we have been accused of trying to undermine aspects of Dodd-Frank,” Hensarling said with a chuckle. “I hope we’re guilty of it.”

There are more than 2,000 lobbyists for financial firms and trade groups and many are spreading money around Washington, enlisting like-minded members of Congress to write letters, propose legislation, hold hearings and threaten agency budgets as they pressure regulators to ease up on banks.

The campaign is working. While Hensarling’s committee can’t move legislation on its own — the Senate Banking Committee supports Dodd-Frank — the House panel can work its will in other ways. And it has. Almost four years after Dodd-Frank became law, community banks face lower capital standards than originally proposed and are therefore more likely to fail; fewer derivatives traders have to register with regulators and they face lower hurdles in booking trades than they otherwise would have, partly undermining the law’s aim to make this corner of the financial system more transparent; and big banks may soon have a green light to keep investing in potentially risky securities that regulators tried to limit.

Blacklisted News

They had to fight tooth and nail to get even the weak controls on the banksters of the Dodd-Frank Act even in the wake of the total financial disaster the banksters had gotten us into. Now, they're ready to abandon even the weak protections that law gave us and hand the whole store over to the banksters once again, painting the scene for yet another financial collapse of Biblical proportions. Are their memories really that short or are all of their principals overridden by greed and the desire to extend their time in office?

If you ask me, they should all be sent off to prison, the banksters and their congressional lackeys who keep enabling their reckless theft.

edit on 4/25/14 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
look around people.. these BANKSTERS are being SHEILDED from JUSTICE by who?

Who is it that ENFORCES FREE SPEECH ZONES?

Who is it that harasses peaceful protesters?

Who is it that LITERALLY STANDS in the way of the people trying to fix this corrupt mess through PROTEST?

What group of people are PAID to SUPPORT and ENFORCE the STATUS QUO?

Who is it that has ALWAYS, HISTORICALLY FACTUALLY PROVEN, been the force that goes to war AGAINST the people whenever the people engage in Constitutional methods of redress?

There will always be greedy piles of scum, they are NOT the problem..

It is those that DIRECTLY USE FORCE against the people who are trying to fix it that are the REAL problem

If the ReDcOaTs were not in the way, the people would have ALREADY fixed the CORRUPTION.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I say repeal it. Its toothless and I would rather have a giant gaping hole for us to look at and know full well there is a problem, to include speeding up a few more crashes and have a actual establishment put in place that will rectify the problem than a poor illusion of safeguards that barely scratches the surface of the issues and gives the bankers and such the ability to shrug their shoulders and say its not their fault due to them being on board with the current joke.

Frustrating, over my head, and makes me generally apathetic at how ineffective our elected representation is..and ineffective is the best scenario..normally its working directly against the people.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
I say repeal it. Its toothless and I would rather have a giant gaping hole for us to look at and know full well there is a problem, to include speeding up a few more crashes and have a actual establishment put in place that will rectify the problem than a poor illusion of safeguards that barely scratches the surface of the issues and gives the bankers and such the ability to shrug their shoulders and say its not their fault due to them being on board with the current joke.

Frustrating, over my head, and makes me generally apathetic at how ineffective our elected representation is..and ineffective is the best scenario..normally its working directly against the people.

Although it can appreciate your sentiments I have to disagree when you say our elected representation is ineffective. To the contrary, they are very very effective. The problem is they no longer work for the people. The "too bi to fail" banks and corporations are laughing all the way to the bank and ib am sure they would agree that our elected representation is effective.... for them.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Sure, Dodd-Frank is a worthless piece of legislation. It just goes to show how, even in the face of enormous public pressure to reign in the banksters, congress failed to do anything of real substance and passed this token law to make it look like they did something about it.

Now, the lawmakers are so brazen in their support of the banksters, they publicly joke about how they are undermining a law which minimally effected the banking industry. Its amazing to me that the banksters would spend such time, effort and money to fight even the weak provisions of Dodd-Frank. They feel so damn entitled, they think the government should have no power over them, despite the massive threat they pose to the economy and all of humanity when they are allowed to run amok.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
run the banks
close all the accounts
now

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
What we need is for Glass-Steagal to be put back in place.

Damn near all of the problems we have in the banking industry began when GS was repealed.

new topics

join