It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist Madalyn Murray O'Hair Facing Dismemberment and Her Son's and Granddaughter's Death

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
What thoughts went through Madalyn Murray O'Hairs mind as she watched her son and then her granddaughter being dismembered before her? Then as she was stood in a barrel as they had been and the chainsaw turned on her….. tell me atheists did she cry out? Would you? Could she, would she pray as she was the one who was responsible for prayer being forbidden by little children in schools ?

When it comes down to the moment whatever form it takes and the blood stops and it is very silent and your vision goes dim, then the hearing goes and you are alone in a very dark body, deaf and dumb and watching the little lights go out up above you in your brain, one by one. You can still hear noises but they are through your skin and you realize that you are a separate being from your body and you are watching the machinery that you had lived in go out……

At that moment you realize there's something more BUT are you too late, have you done too much damage? Would you be welcomed to your real home? Faced with the real deal what would you say? I doubt you would say anything imho, more likely you'll run and hide in the dark and say over and over to yourself that this isn't true….

The moment of truth, the real moment, how would you face it?
edit on 4/25/2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

So what actually happened? This is new to me and I don't have a clue about the Madalyn story.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Wait did this actually happen?

In the military there is a very wise saying, "there are no atheists in foxholes". Seeing how the military is in the business of death and danger, I think they would be the ones best suited to know somthing like this.

Having said that, I am not religious, I dont know if I would call myself and atheist, but I do not believe in any organized religions version of God.

Their God is always the opposite of caring and loving, and in fact, the God of the jews and christians is a mass murdering psychotic.

Mohammed was a child molesting sicko, mormons......lol John Smith "dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb".... a couple of the asian religions are not too bad, though if I had to pick one, I would say the native Americans had it closest of all to an actual loving and generous God, they called him "The Great spirit".

We are truly more than some of our parts, there is more after this life ends, and we are not these flesh suits we occupy.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I gather you think that there are no atheists in fox holes?

Do you think this woman deserved to be murdered, most likely at the hands of Christians? Doesn't her murder kinda prove her point?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Do you think this woman deserved to be murdered, most likely at the hands of Christians?

That's rather presumptuous of you to say, is it not?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Madalyn Murray O'Hair murder

On August 27, 1995, O'Hair, her son Jon, and granddaughter Robin suddenly disappeared.[3] The door to the office of American Atheists was locked with a typewritten note attached (apparently with Jon's signature), stating, "The Murray O'Hair family has been called out of town on an emergency basis. We do not know how long we will be gone at the time of the writing of this memo." When O'Hair's home was entered, breakfast dishes were sitting on the table;[3] her diabetes medication was on the kitchen counter, and her dogs had been left behind without a caregiver

Ultimately, the murder investigation focused on David Roland Waters, who had worked as a typesetter for American Atheists. Not only did Waters have previous convictions for violent crimes, there were several suspicious burglaries during his tenure, and he had pleaded guilty earlier in 1995 to stealing $54,000 from American Atheists

In January 2001, Waters informed the police that the O'Hairs were buried on a Texas ranch, and he subsequently led them to the bodies.[11][20] When the police excavated there, they discovered that the O'Hairs' bodies had been cut into dozens of pieces with a saw. The remains exhibited such extensive mutilation and successive decomposition that identification had to be made through dental records, by DNA testing and, in Madalyn O'Hair's case, by the serial number of her prosthetic hip.[23] The head and hands of Danny Fry were also found at the site.

edit on 25-4-2014 by Misinformation because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Well firstly she wasn't murdered by Christians or Muslims or Jews.

Ultimately, the murder investigation focused on David Roland Waters, who had worked as a typesetter for American Atheists. Not only did Waters have previous convictions for violent crimes, there were several suspicious burglaries during his tenure, and he had pleaded guilty earlier in 1995 to stealing $54,000 from American Atheists.[21]

Shortly after his theft of the $54,000 was discovered, O'Hair had written a scathing article in the 'Members Only' section of the American Atheists newsletter exposing Waters, the theft and Waters' previous crimes,[11] including a 1977 incident in which Waters allegedly beat and urinated upon his mother.[21] Waters' girlfriend later testified that he was enraged by O'Hair's article, and that he fantasized about torturing her in gruesome ways.

She was murdered by an Atheist.

Madalyn Murray O'Hair

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Yes, it is true. I lived in Austin at the time and kept up with the updates. No need to get into debates about anything, I repeat, The moment of truth, the real moment, how will you face it?"

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

originally posted by: windword

Do you think this woman deserved to be murdered, most likely at the hands of Christians?

That's rather presumptuous of you to say, is it not?

I don't thinks so. Not after reading this in the OP.

tell me atheists did she cry out? Would you? Could she, would she pray as she was the one who was responsible for prayer being forbidden by little children in schools ? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sounds like the OP thinks she deserved it for forbidding little children to pray.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I'm an atheist because I'm not naive enough to believe in someone else's story. So when the time comes I may be....

a- scared then dead. Just dead. Not a problem.
b- scared then reborn. Buddhism. Not a problem.
c- scared then forgiven. New Testament. Not a problem.
d- scared then damned. Old Testament. Not a problem. Violent god vs. me knowing I've lived a good, hard working life. Eternal peace of mind that I did it the right way. Priceless.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I don't think anyone deserves that. It is an interesting to wonder if she prayed at that moment, don't you wonder?

How will you face the moment?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

If have faced a similar situation. Everything was slow motion and very deliberate, escape was foremost in my mind. God wasn't part of it, nor was he there.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
If i remember correctly there was a crazy amount of silver coins involved around $500,000 to a 1 million they were after. Think the O'hair family screwed over the Atheist Movements money and took off with a lot of cash which was used to purchase the silver.

The guys who killed them stored the coins in a storage facility which in turn was robbed at a later date - so they got away with nothing. Very sordid story from what i remember.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch
What thoughts went through Madalyn Murray O'Hairs mind as she watched her son and then her granddaughter being dismembered before her?

you have any evidence that she watched them being dismembered ....? it seems that they were dismembered after they were all dead
edit on 25-4-2014 by Misinformation because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

You weren't in a similar situation if you didn't have the lights going out, no blood pumping, no hearing….

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I have been in life threatening violent situations. Everything slows down, and your mind is moving faster than the speed of light. It works out things faster than your body can understand and your body just unconsciously reacts towards survival, or not. Escape is the goal!

One time, I was knocked unconscious. Lights out. Looking back, getting smacked unconscious was what saved my life, because that guy wanted to kill me, but he got confused and ran when I passed out.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Misinformation

Its been awhile but if I recall correctly one of the people helping with the storage unit talked about the murderer or his helper bragging about them being alive when they were dismembered. This was on the local news updates.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Religion, or the lack thereof, is only the icing on these psychotic, murderous cases.

If you insist, though, I think if you look honestly at history, it's christians and other 'god-like' types whom are the most murderous in our midst- throughout history.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Well, as I am not a Christian I certainly won't be praying to the Christian god if that's what you're getting at...

I will be praying to my own god(s) however. Which may or may not make a lick of difference.

Kallisti

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: oblvion

I assure you there are certainly atheists in foxholes as I was one.

That saying is nothing more than propaganda pushed by those of faith.

I have take fire and been in immediate danger many times where death could come at any moment not once did an imaginary creature pop into my mind. My military profession was EOD (bomb squad in laymen terms) I used to have an NCO that would tell me god must have been with me when I finished especially tricky jobs. I would look at him and say god had nothing to do with it, my training was what got me through it. If he muttered on about it I would say something along the lines of what kind of god creates a world and people where my job is even necessary. I would then prepare for the mental gymnastics that were sure to follow while he tried to justify it.

Anyway like I said there are Atheists in foxholes.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join