It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can make contact with our Creator!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Maigret

That parable is about the Saints being adorned in the white linen that has been washed in the Blood of the Lamb and the New Jerusalem that comes down from heaven is his bride...
You are mixing up three different visions and making something entirely new out of them.
You really have no explanation for the parable at all and are just making up this idea that all you have to do is throw out something completely different and pretend like this is a fulfillment, as if the parable wasn't even a parable but was some sort of prophecy.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maigret
The LORD God of the Old Testament and God the Father of the New Testament are one and the same -

I highly doubt that. The 'god' of the Old Testament looks to mostly be human made up, mean, blood thirsty and craven. The God of the New Testament is mercy and love. They look like two totally different 'gods' to me.

God has a Covenant with mankind of the Ten Commandments.

ATS Thread - 10 Commandments Doctrine of Men
Some information for you on where the 10 Commandments really came from.

There are festival Sabbaths to be observed in the holy days, as well as the weekly Sabbath every Saturday.

Lemme' guess .... 7th Day Adventist, right? Ya'll think that if people have as their main day of worship any day other than Saturday, then they are going to hell because they aren't following 'God's Law'. Right?

Yeah ... good luck with that. I think you are in for a surprise when you die and see that the real God isn't a legalistic mess like the Old Testament makes Him look like, and you'll really be in for a surprise when you see that a whole lotta' people who you thought were lost actually 'made it' to Heaven.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

The LORD God of the Old Testament and God the Father of the New Testament are one and the same - and this is our Creator and our God, and He is the only One we should worship. To worship anyone else is spiritually fatal! His name is Yah, from YHWH; which is usually shown as LORD, all in capital letters.
If that was so important then it's funny that the New Testament never bothers mentioning any of that.
It seems content to just mention God.
The NT doesn't impose belief in tribal mythology from the late bronze age as as prerequisite for salvation.
The Gospel is the good news, not a rehash of what had been said over and over about old outdated practices with sacrifices and the horrors of genocide and ethnic cleansing.

The name of His Son is Yeshua, which means ‘The LORD saves’. (It is not, and never has been, ‘Jesus’.)
Odd then that the NT mentions none of that.
Since the time of Alexander the Great, Palestine had been under the dominion of the Greek speaking people and it had become the common language of the whole eastern Mediterranean area, including where Jesus lived, which was Egypt and gentile Galilee.
"Jesus" was the Greek transliteration of the name of the biblical character, Joshua, and was a common Jewish name at the time of Christ, and to deny that is verging on stupidity, but I account for the general trend as being an attempt to subvert the foundation of Christianity by questioning the NT as an authentic document. Evidence that this would be your inspiration is in the fact that you happily admit to not considering yourself a Christian. I can only imagine what you do consider yourself but I have to think it involves a degree of smugness in your superior intellect by knowing the "real"names of you preferred objects of worship.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Lemme' guess .... 7th Day Adventist, right? Ya'll think that if people have as their main day of worship any day other than Saturday, then they are going to hell because they aren't following 'God's Law'. Right?
I'm a Seventh Day Adventist.
Maigret is not.
Adventists are Christians.
We don't celebrate Jewish holidays or use Yah for God or Yeshua for Jesus.
The Sabbath existed from the first week of creation and does not come from just the old written Mosaic Law.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60
The Sabbath existed from the first week of creation and does not come from just the old written Mosaic Law.

There was no 'first week of creation'. The genesis story is a creation myth. The Earth was made billions of years ago and 'modern' humans evolved 500,000 years ago. They didn't have a 'week' and they didn't celebrate a 'Sabbath'. That seven day week was invented by the Abrahamic folks. It didn't exist before that.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Started out great but the part where you deny the son and the holy spirit is bogus. FAITH is the methoed to open the communication channels with the creator. First you need faith to believe is something not proven to most. It is as simple as that. Picture your faith as a ladder that extends further the more energy you put into it. The trinity is real and many other lesser trinity's guide our lives too. there are even negitive trinity's. It truely is doing a disservice to yourself to deny this.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

There was no 'first week of creation'. The genesis story is a creation myth. The Earth was made billions of years ago and 'modern' humans evolved 500,000 years ago. They didn't have a 'week' and they didn't celebrate a 'Sabbath'. That seven day week was invented by the Abrahamic folks. It didn't exist before that.

more bs. The origional week of creation resonnates through all time and includes your logical fallicy of 15billions of years. Just think of it as one day representing different periods of time. Now put all this in a circle sort of like a modern cd and you begin to get an outline of what time is. The mayans knew much about this.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

more bs. The origional week of creation resonnates through all time and includes your logical fallicy of 15billions of years. Just think of it as one day representing different periods of time. Now put all this in a circle sort of like a modern cd and you begin to get an outline of what time is. The mayans knew much about this.

I think the 7 is also connected to the 7 chakras in the body as a hidden clue to mysticism. If you read revelation and the seals as chakras then you can make revelation to be about kundalini rising within the body.

I love how fractal the bible can be in the hidden knowledge that can be found if you seek it.

edit on 26-4-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You still didn't answer my question. Again, what makes Christianity the right religion when there are 100's if not 1000's that are claiming the same thing. Don't take it offensively, I'm just wondering, being atheist, the logic thinking Christianity is right and everyone else is wrong.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Im sorry. went over the edge.

Was somehow trying to express what i meant thru music in the moment.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Your square peg in a round hole still fails. These people are saying that you have to worship God on Saturday or you are breaking the law because of the creation myth story and the supposed 'sabbath' from the beginning of time. That's a literal six day timetable ... and it fails miserably.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

a reply to: deadeyedick

Your square peg in a round hole still fails. These people are saying that you have to worship God on Saturday or you are breaking the law because of the creation myth story and the supposed 'sabbath' from the beginning of time. That's a literal six day timetable ... and it fails miserably.

Sometimes you just gotta take a day off for rest. If you look at how much of our society operates we take both saturday and sunday just to cover all options.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

That parable is about the Saints being adorned in the white linen that has been washed in the Blood of the Lamb and the New Jerusalem that comes down from heaven is his bride...
You are mixing up three different visions and making something entirely new out of them.
You really have no explanation for the parable at all and are just making up this idea that all you have to do is throw out something completely different and pretend like this is a fulfillment, as if the parable wasn't even a parable but was some sort of prophecy.

Ask someone else then. You're pulling your ideas out of nowhere! Trolling?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maigret
The LORD God of the Old Testament and God the Father of the New Testament are one and the same -

I highly doubt that. The 'god' of the Old Testament looks to mostly be human made up, mean, blood thirsty and craven. The God of the New Testament is mercy and love. They look like two totally different 'gods' to me.

God has a Covenant with mankind of the Ten Commandments.

ATS Thread - 10 Commandments Doctrine of Men
Some information for you on where the 10 Commandments really came from.

There are festival Sabbaths to be observed in the holy days, as well as the weekly Sabbath every Saturday.

Yeah ... good luck with that. I think you are in for a surprise when you die and see that the real God isn't a legalistic mess like the Old Testament makes Him look like, and you'll really be in for a surprise when you see that a whole lotta' people who you thought were lost actually 'made it' to Heaven.

Guess again! And keep on guessing! You'll be wrong...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

The LORD God of the Old Testament and God the Father of the New Testament are one and the same - and this is our Creator and our God, and He is the only One we should worship. To worship anyone else is spiritually fatal! His name is Yah, from YHWH; which is usually shown as LORD, all in capital letters.
If that was so important then it's funny that the New Testament never bothers mentioning any of that.
It seems content to just mention God.
The NT doesn't impose belief in tribal mythology from the late bronze age as as prerequisite for salvation.
The Gospel is the good news, not a rehash of what had been said over and over about old outdated practices with sacrifices and the horrors of genocide and ethnic cleansing.

The name of His Son is Yeshua, which means ‘The LORD saves’. (It is not, and never has been, ‘Jesus’.)
Odd then that the NT mentions none of that.
Since the time of Alexander the Great, Palestine had been under the dominion of the Greek speaking people and it had become the common language of the whole eastern Mediterranean area, including where Jesus lived, which was Egypt and gentile Galilee.
"Jesus" was the Greek transliteration of the name of the biblical character, Joshua, and was a common Jewish name at the time of Christ, and to deny that is verging on stupidity, but I account for the general trend as being an attempt to subvert the foundation of Christianity by questioning the NT as an authentic document. Evidence that this would be your inspiration is in the fact that you happily admit to not considering yourself a Christian. I can only imagine what you do consider yourself but I have to think it involves a degree of smugness in your superior intellect by knowing the "real"names of you preferred objects of worship.

If I was being smug or proud, God would slap me down hard and fast! If this is all you're reading out of my posts, you're the one with the problem.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: GroidNificent

You still didn't answer my question. Again, what makes Christianity the right religion when there are 100's if not 1000's that are claiming the same thing. Don't take it offensively, I'm just wondering, being atheist, the logic thinking Christianity is right and everyone else is wrong.

Sorry, but I thought I'd made it clear that I am not a Christian. My understanding that Christianity is way off course and doesn't even agree with the Bible, although they use the Book. (Which is also what Sir Isaac Newton understood from his own study of the Bible.)

I understand that God will unite those Christians, Muslims and Jews, (plus anyone else from any other religion) into one common faith. It sounds complicated, but when the Israelites are persecuted, it will divide almost everyone globally into one camp or the other. Loosely speaking, each of those monotheistic faiths has a crucial element; the Son, strict obedience to God, and the one Creator; and those three main elements united, will form the basis of this new version of religion.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Sometimes you just gotta take a day off for rest. If you look at how much of our society operates we take both saturday and sunday just to cover all options

Sure .. take a day off ... but to say that it's God's Law from the beginning of time to have the Sabbath as the day of rest and worship ... that's just wrong. It's proven wrong. And to say that people who dont' follow that 'law' are going to hell ... that's absurd. Ya' know?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Ask someone else then. You're pulling your ideas out of nowhere! Trolling?
I was asking earlier something about a claim that you made in your OP that:

you can't ‘dress yourself up’ for the occasion.

I was asking if the parable doesn't apply of the man who shows up at the wedding banquet without his wedding party clothes.
Your reply was that Revelation says they will be given to you.
I don't think that is an explanation for the meaning of the parable and that you are just deflecting, having no real support for your original claim other than some sort of cult ideology of feel good as you go to your destruction.
edit on 27-4-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

If I was being smug or proud, God would slap me down hard and fast! If this is all you're reading out of my posts, you're the one with the problem.
That's about as good an argument as saying, "If I am lying, may God strike me down!".
I think that you have been enticed by a cult trap that uses a feeling of superiority to lure in their prey, with the promise of special knowledge that only the most intelligent people can get, the "real name of God and the Son".

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I understand that God will unite those Christians, Muslims and Jews, . . .
And how did you come to this "understanding", as you call it?
I mean was there an actual thought process, or did you just wake up one morning believing it and haven't been able to shake it since?

John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
(2011 NIV)

You seem to have come up with an alternative plan.
edit on 27-4-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join