It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update: Officer Who Fatally Shot Dog Has Been Fired – For HIS Safety

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Used a poetic license, to lean out the quote.

"What we have done, the result of that comes to us whenever it comes, either today, tomorrow, hundred years later, hundred lives later, whatever, whatever. And so, it's our own karma." --Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

edit on 25-4-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CaticusMaximus

You think an animal dying is like in a cartoon?

I had to use a shovel to chop off the head of a kitten that got run over and was nothing more than a mewling crying bag of broken bones.

You don't just sit there and wait for it to finish suffering in extreme pain, counting off the minutes it takes for it to finally die.

You put the poor thing out of it's misery, as fast as you can, in the least painful way you have at hand. For me that day it was a garden shovel 3 feet away from me.

My heart cries for what that poor man had to do, to stop his beloved pets suffering.

Des

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

You think an animal dying is like in a cartoon?

Yes, because I have a different perspective about the situation, I must think an animal dying is like a cartoon, and people getting shot are "ahh you got me" just like on TV, and I must be incredibly naive and a "city kid".

originally posted by: Destinyone

I had to use a shovel to chop off the head of a kitten that got run over and was nothing more than a mewling crying bag of broken bones.

Good for you. You and bedlam are big tough guys, chopping off kittens heads with shovels and watching pig slaughter videos.

Heres a medal for your bravery:

edit on 4/25/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaticusMaximusand watching pig slaughter videos.

Videos? Who said anything about videos?

You raise animals for slaughter, you ought to watch it at least once. Also, I can't count the deer I've done myself. It's just tough to do pigs and cows at the house - the equipment's too specialized.

That's not "tough guy" , that's reality for rural life.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I sat on the ground and threw up after doing what I had to do, to stop that 8 week old kitten from suffering anymore.

I'm not a big tuff let's kill animals person. But, I'd make the same choice today, if I had to. I understand what that poor man felt as he made that choice for his suffering dog.

Des

edit on 25-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Replace "dog" with "child" in the article, and you get an article from 2015.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
This is so sad. Blue Heelers are wonderful & really smart dogs. They just want to do their herding job, without being bothered. We have an Aussie, which is close in nature to the healer. They are totally devoted, loving, beautiful dogs, that will bark, if someone comes onto their territory, but rarely bite anyone. The poor poor man. I feel so badly for him....this cop was wrong. Period. He could have tased or sprayed the dog, no reason to shoot it. This crap has got to stop!! My heart goes out to him, for how he had to put his own dog out of his misery

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ansky

Replace "dog" with "child" in the article, and you get an article from 2015.

Absolutely.

Oppositional Defiant Disorder
Mouthy kids may be terrorists

We're right on the doorstep of lumping kids in with the "vicious dog" nonsense.

And of course while 5% of America writhes in the pain of having lost their kid to a cop who just wanted to "get home safe" the other 95% will either ignore it or believe they deserved it just as they do now with dogs.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: j.r.c.b.

Completely agree I don't know how I could watch that happening to my dog I would be heart broken.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

hey why are you being that way? you only talk that way because you lack any real understanding, you think your morals are more important than the suffering of others don't you? you can't save everything or do whats best all the time, do you really think letting others suffer because you're too cowardly to do what is needed is the better choice than doing something about it to end the suffering?
you cant live life on emotions and moralistic philosophy, sometimes you have to act on rationality and ignore what you think, feel or want to do, otherwise you only cause more suffering.
as you say, you are a clueless city kid.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I worship my dog and can't imagine life without him. It's gonna tear my heart out when that dreaded day comes. So I'm afraid cops would have to shoot me too and put me out of my misery (after I've bare-handedly caved that cop's fcukin skull in).

If I lived in America I'd be absolutely terrified of ever calling the police for anything. I think I'd rather take my chances at the hands of a burglar than that of police.

There's something seriously wrong with a country when innocent citizens are scared of their cops.

Sort it out people of America, whilst you still have a chance.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll

If I lived in America I'd be absolutely terrified of ever calling the police for anything. I think I'd rather take my chances at the hands of a burglar than that of police.

Oh, but you don't even have to call them. They're all too happy to show up unannounced 24 hours a day 7 days a week for any number of made up reasons.

When I was a kid my family was "targeted" by the local cops because of a neighbor of ours who was friends with a few of them. They'd show up pounding at the door at 3AM on a weekday just to ask some stupid question that had nothing to do with anything or just to say "seeing if you're still here" then leave.

For years this went on.

Even if you arent the target of any scheme or prank they'll show up for seemingly innocuous reasons like to ask if you know whose truck is parked at the end of the road or if you saw anything strange in a neighboring house.

There are a million reasons these psychos can just wander onto your private property, through your gates or fences, right up to your front door and murder anything living that happens to get inside their line of sight.

It's like living behind enemy lines wondering when they'll come for you. There really is no "if" anymore. It's only "when". We actually have to have "police are here" drills like we have fire drills.

They're a terrorist hit squad just wandering the streets.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
How does it feel to look into the face of the future? Where a class of authoritian LEOs are above the laws the rest of us have to follow.

The phrase now used by Law enforcement to excuse any and all behavior is "I was afraid for my life" and the "blue code" among officers will protect those who lie.

Preferential treatment for authority figures. Our only recourse is to film everything. Soon that will be illegal.

Private prisons for profit, militarized law enforcement; the 1984 dystopian future is here.

It's a brave new world....
edit on 26-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This entire video disgusts me not only on the merit of an innocent dog being murdered but the level of intelligence even between the two parties is staggeringly low. Seriously, the US is FUBAR and idiots like these are the reason why.

A) The level of intelligence needed to walk out of a vehicle and shoot someones dog is that of a primal being, possibly lesser than a dog itself.
B) The verbiage and interaction between these people is appalling. All parties in that video sound like they are missing chromosomes.
C) The fact that the man engaged an attorney (cant wait to hear that genius of a statement) to get his job back for blatantly being a moron is even further moronic. This is the most black and white piece of Your action of X resulted in action Y, but for him to now FIGHT for his job tells me he doesn't see anything wrong with what was done.

In effin sane.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I've been through the same thing with the cops. They raided my home for non existent drugs, murdered my dog, then put me face down in it's blood and told me if I moved they would kill me. After the raid I never saw their faces (covered in masks), and never got a badge number. If not for the police cars to this day I would believe it was a home invasion by an organized gang and not the police seeing as how they stole items/cash that I never got back.

It's probably for the best that I can't identify the cop, because that dog was my family member and my best friend. If I knew who the cop was that murdered it for barking (not even attacking) I would kill their best friend and their brother. The only difference is I would goto jail for it (and happily serve my sentence) where as they got paid for doing it to me and it was just business as usual.

If the other cops in that town are decent people the guy that killed that dog will disappear and no one will ever question it.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Being fired and placed on administrative leave are two different things. They will probably side with this cop and find him not guilty of anything and it will be business as usual. If this happen back in the old days that cop would be pushing up daisies and taking a dirt nap via the farmer. Not all dogs that bark are going to attack. The dog barks to also get the attention of the owner. If you continue to advance then yes you probably will get attacked. Barking is a warning proceed at your own peril. The stupid cop got out of the safety of the police car and advanced on the dog and it's property. The dog was only doing what was natural. It's not like a specific call of some wild rabid dog on the loose harming people in the city. This was out in the middle of farm land and the dog had a collar on and he can see it's a pet. The cop should be fired and charged, he has proven he is incompetent.
edit on 30-4-2014 by sean because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join