It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is the true DEVIL. Lucifer, not so much...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You're on some ol' bull#

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: DarknStormy

Worshiping Jesus is idolatry in and of itself. That cross with a dead guy hanging on it at the front of the congregation? A graven image.

I can agree with that because I also believe it's idolatry.

Christianity is actually a death worship cult because it idolized the death of a man thinking it brings life. Death does not bring life, only life brings life.

It's not about the way he died, it's about what he taught and whether you can live up to those expectations without being caught in the snare of the devil.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: On7a7higher7plane

Who's the one being antagonistic again? Certainly not me.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I had to get you back.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Gods all rainbow and sunshine.

While Lucifer reflective.

I wonder what happened to the angry storm cloud personality that everyone always feared? lol.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
Gods all rainbow and sunshine.

While Lucifer reflective.

I wonder what happened to the angry storm cloud personality that everyone always feared? lol.

He/she/it is slowly dissolving as people wake up to the reality of the OT Gods tyranny...

Oh yes... people are waking up... even Christians are realising the OT God is NOT the same as the Father of Jesus...

edit on 25-4-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: On7a7higher7plane

So you have the "eye for an eye" attitude?

Matthew 5
38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.

You're a follower of Christ? Doesn't seem like it.

By the way, I wasn't being antagonistic, so I'm not sure what you were getting back at me for.
edit on 4/25/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Well aren't you so cheeky and playful?

That's not how I get down.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Jesus references the Old Testament especially making an example of Noah's Flood to the likening of his very own return. Now if the God who caused the flood in the Old Testament isn't the same God as Jesus, then why would he reference that part of the Bible in the first place?

"And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: "They ate, They drank, They married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all - Luke 17; 26-27

The same again is cited in Matthew concerning the exact same thing.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dusty1
a reply

What exactly did god killing Egyptians change? You see the world today? That should give you a clear answer.
to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

A race of slaves were freed from the world power of the day.

God>>> Abe Lincoln

Out of those slaves, came the Messiah that will free us all.........

Let's hope he reveals himself and frees the world very soon.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Jesus used the scripture that was available at the time to relate to his audience...

IF you're speaking to a jew about spiritual matters you use what they understand...

When I speak to Christians I use their book... specifically the gospels

it wouldn't make much sense to use gnostic or Buddhist material would it?

ok maybe gnostic might work in some cases... but you get what im saying

edit on 25-4-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

There's no evidence of Jesus ever sacrificing an animal to Yahweh. Yahweh never required baptism, yet that was intrinsic to Jesus' teaching of "being born again".

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Haven't people been saying that for 2,000 years now?

Jesus isn't coming back soon, or ever for that matter, at least not in the biblical sense. The only second coming is the one that happens within you.

Matthew 7
7 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Where do you seek? Within yourself.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Yhvh is a Canaanite war-god who served as the national state-god of Israel and Judah. Does it surprise you that a war-god would be responsible for heinous actions? Especially a Semitic war-god. The Semitic tribes were always warring with each other, with the Egyptians, and with anyone else they came into contact with.

Living a warrior-culture life like that produces a people and mythology equally bloody and violent. You can see it all over. Yhvh and Ba'al among the Canaanites and Hebrews. Ares among the warrior-cults of Greece. The interesting, but bloody, sacrificial rites held in honor of Taranis and Odin from the Celts and Norsemen.

I think a more interesting question would be why you think that deeds alone define a beings value/worth, when it is so much easier to understand that being by studying the way of life of the people who worship it. Yhvh makes a lot more sense when you put him back into the Ugaritic world that he was created for. Just as Jesus makes more sense when you place him back into the imperial Roman empire that fostered belief in him.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Well Lucifer's in both book. And Yah Weh probably had hard time hurting, whatever Lucifers supposed to be. If I remember Judaism use to believe in a form of hell, but their was no devil. Instead, the form of hell was the Devil, which was Hades. Sounds Greek.

Instead, it no different then the ancient common perception of Light and Dark. Rajin and Fujin, Romulus and Remus, Abel and Cain, Superman and Lex Luthor(crucify me on this one, I dare u), look at a parallel(religion) dc universe...Well Superman becomes a Yah Weh.

and last but certainly not least.

Yin and Yang Ideology

The Christ, and the Anti Christ. Where as the Anti-christ is said to mimic Jesus, and persuaded millions and nations...apparently.

No different between heads or tails, of the same coin...Duality.
edit on 25-4-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen

Well Lucifer's in both book. And Yah Weh probably had hard time hurting, whatever Lucifers supposed to be. If I remember Judaism use to believe in a form of hell, but their was no devil. Instead, the form of hell was the Devil, which was Hades. Sounds Greek.

Instead, it no different then the ancient common perception of Light and Dark. Rajin and Fujin, Romulus and Remus, Abel and Cain, Superman and Lex Luthor(crucify me on this one, I dare u), look at a parallel(religion) dc universe...Well Superman becomes a Yah Weh.

and last but certainly not least.

Yin and Yang Ideology

The Christ, and the Anti Christ. Where as the Anti-christ is said to mimic Jesus, and persuaded millions and nations...apparently.

No different between heads or tails, of the same coin...Duality.

Crucify you? LOL

we are all welcome to our opinions

You are correct though, there seems to be a dualistic nature to all things in the religious world and the natural/material world...

Hell in the OT was Tartarus/Sheol/Hades by the way, none of which have any similarity to the Christian idea of Hell which is purely based on the religious authorities taking advantage of our Fear of the unknown...

I personally think Karma is what reigns this world... You get what you give...

and the fact remains, we really don't know S**t... but we'll all find out one day

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dusty1

John 8:44

You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Satan invented the lie.

He created all that is bad on this earth.

He lied, and tried to get humans to follow him, instead of the God that created all things.

No I'm afraid you are mistaken... According to your beliefs god created all that is bad in this life. He created lucifer too. No angels were made with free will. Therefore the character of Lucifer operates under god's will (because your god is omnipotent and all knowing, remember?)

I am sure you have lied before, so by your own ideals you are worst than someone who murders children?

Read your bible a little more. It's sad that I know more than you regarding your theology.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Thank you all for the interesting feedback.

Surprisingly no one has provide any scripture of the devil committing evil acts!!!!
I'm so very surprised.

I haven't read a single response that even coherently shows the OT god as being a better individual than the antagonist in this story. Pretty scary you all still follow this heathen.

Those of you pointing out that the old and new testament are two completely different god are spot on. Kudos for not being an idiot

I like the whole lucifer being jesus's tyler durden. Made me laugh my ass off. Sounds like a story themed heavily by Buddhism wouldn't you agree?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

But even then, he is pretty much saying when I return, you are all going to be destroyed because you didn't believe in me.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Scripture of Job? Although, that was a wager between God and Satan, but Satan preyed on Job. God allowed it, but would not allow Satan to kill Job, just attack his faith by taking all God had given him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join