Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Bundy-->> Embattled rancher compares himself with Rosa Parks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Well now 'ol Cliven is saying his battle with the BLM/Federal authorities is something like the battle Rosa Parks fought (and won) way back in the 1950's !!!!

Bundy released a new statement today that outlines his thoughts and wisdom.

In general, he emphasizes the government as the ultimate culprit and we are *ALL* victims.

BUNKERVILLE (KSNV MyNews3.com) – Embattled rancher Cliven Bundy released a statement this morning, comparing himself to Rosa Parks, the woman whose arrest in 1955 for not giving up her seat on a public bus to a white man while on her way home from her job in Montgomery, Ala., sparked the civil rights movement.

This is Bundy’s statement in full:

“We are trading one form of slavery for another.

“What I am saying is that all we Americans are trading one form of slavery for another. All of us are in some measure slaves of the federal government. Through their oppressive tactics of telling the ranchers how many cows they can have on their land, and making that number too low to support a ranch, the BLM has driven every rancher in Clark County off the land, except me.

{ Continued in the article }

full statement in the story...
Embattled rancher compares himself with Rosa Parks

Please *READ* the entire Bundy statement and form an opinion.

Be careful not to get caught up in the "over-thinking" trap

No "Audio" versions yet.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
That's an insult to Rosa Parks.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: WaterBottle

Not surprising coming from a government sympathizer!!!!

One liners are fun!

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I can see the correlation. Standing up to the man! Although if he is to compare himself as such than he better be fighting for some fundamental right....which I believe he thinks he is. I suppose if by some miracle the courts rule that its unconstitutional for the Federal Government to own land, than the argument is well founded. But at the rate we are heading in the near future the courts will rule that federal institutions are "people" and as such may vote. I don't think that's much of s stretch considering....

edit on 25-4-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

We all are slaves, in one form or another....and it has nothing to do with skin color
People need to wake up and open their eyes to see what is going on around them

This is the new modern day 21st century form of slavery
Everyone is susceptible to it...including the white man

No one is immune from it

edit on 25-4-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Very good point

I agree.

Many are simply not understanding their own dilemmas.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I had the same thought. How dare this welfare rancher compare himself with a person that stood against segregation. She stood for equal rights he stands for as Jon Stewart says the largest cattle dine and dash in history.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
All I will say is that many here are to blind to see his point; don't know way so many want to make this a racist thing... Rosa Parks made a stand, Martin Luther King made a stand... and many others. Bundy is now making a stand, it all about freedom from government oppression which is an exercise of authority or power to burden some or all in an unjust manner.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412

We all are slaves, in one form or another....and it has nothing to do with skin color
People need to wake up and open their eyes to see what is going on around them

This is the new modern day 21st century form of slavery
Everyone is susceptible to it...including the white man

No one is immune from it

You get it! Bundy gets it! The Progs get it too!

They just can't give up the RACE CARD because that is how they have been oppressing the minorities they CLAIM to represent!!!!

Too bad Bundy wasn't a BLACK RANCHER!!!!! OOOOOOOBOYYYYYY, would THAT change the whole current form of propaganda!

DIDN'T THE PROGS GET THE MEMO??????

THE BOOGIE MAN IS RED!
edit on 25-4-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

It's not often you and I agree...but I recall your work and how it came to change my own whole view of the Fed and it's history for how it came to be. So...

I'm happy to say we agree on this one. I've even seen this rancher compared with George Washington. (cough)... We're that desperate for a hero in this nation. That quick to hold up the first case that strikes a fancy and looks half way like agreeing with positions some us hold....

It's not Bundy's fault on this observation. It's society's fault. Having said that for context? The desperation among society to anoint a hero reminds me more of Germany in the 30's than anything else. Not the jerk with the mustache....but the level of broken nation, broken morale and broken dreams ..ready to embrace anything that looks hopeful.

Scary times. Very scary.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

I had the same thought. How dare this welfare rancher compare himself with a person that stood against segregation. She stood for equal rights he stands for as Jon Stewart says the largest cattle dine and dash in history.

yes, yes we know...racist bum. BLM was right to take his cattle and should be charging him with welfare fraud. There are people who truly need welfare and this bum is sucking the teet whilst making a sizable living as a black-market rancher.

That.....or you're a couple fries short of a happy meal.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

It's not often you and I agree...but I recall your work and how it came to change my own whole view of the Fed and it's history for how it came to be. So...

I'm happy to say we agree on this one. I've even seen this rancher compared with George Washington. (cough)... We're that desperate for a hero in this nation. That quick to hold up the first case that strikes a fancy and looks half way like agreeing with positions some us hold....

It's not Bundy's fault on this observation. It's society's fault. Having said that for context? The desperation among society to anoint a hero reminds me more of Germany in the 30's than anything else. Not the jerk with the mustache....but the level of broken nation, broken morale and broken dreams ..ready to embrace anything that looks hopeful.

Scary times. Very scary.

Not that I disagree? But whom is causing all of our problems?????

The POLICE STATE, we call the government that BUNDY is standing up to!

The FEDS LOST because Americans stood up to the BLM!

Now all they have to use is the RACE CARD!

Sure it's scary to think of what might happen if "THE PEOPLE" take a stand against a corrupt government! But whats MORE SCARY?? The fact that we have allowed the Federal Government to get this much power?? OR That if we don't stand up to their Authoritarian over reach of power that a whole new society will be created out of a CORRUPTED ELITE that there will be a WHOLE NEW BUNCH OF ROSA PARKS IN THE FUTURE???????

OH! AND THE COLOR OF ONES SKIN? WON'T HAVE A DAMN THING TO DO WITH IT!!!!!!

*cough cough* Yelling sucks! I have to go grab a beer.......
edit on 25-4-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I speak on behalf of property owners ....our friends come to mind

After owning the land for over 35 years, now they have been given a whole new guideline that is going to cost thousands of dollars or face fines
Then guess what comes next?

Yep, they may lose it IF they don't comply

No leeway was given just do as we say or else.....
They have tried working with them but they won't budge

And it's not like they live in suburbia or anything where they have to put up with HOA...
But out of town

Oh yeah, a mild form of slavery to our government/state officials
'Do as we say or else...'
May not be a physical whipping per say --- only lose everything you worked your azz off for the past 35 years, that's all

But hey, nothing to see here folks, move along....keep drinking that koolaid!!

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Scary times. Very scary.

OH! AND THE COLOR OF ONES SKIN? WON'T HAVE A DAMN THING TO DO WITH IT!!!!!!

*cough cough* Yelling sucks! I have to go grab a beer.......

I think if nothing else the whole race card game has become so old hat that everyone sees through it. It also goes to show just how old these people are that control the strings because they always revert back to there tried and true methods....It's like they don't die or something.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

To be honest, that is precisely what I haven't established to my own level of satisfaction yet. I'm pretty confident in what I've gathered so far that Bundy is the agitator here against the law, multiple court orders across several years, and the lay of the land for actual recorded and recognized claims of ownership.

The fact is, I've been collecting source data on this for over a week. I have too much, if anything, and haven't gotten through it all yet. That's what I've been looking forward to this weekend to do. On this and a couple other topics. Heck..one I just got handed this afternoon as a cold topic, but one SO powerful for impact on thinking with American history, I am getting a mega thread made for it and very soon.

So... I'll have my mind made up by the time I run with my efforts..but it's not there yet. I don't conclude anything until I feel sure I've seen everything that is relevant. I'm not there yet on this, for pure lack of time to read it all. I expected to find some source material. I got a truck load. (sigh)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
He can compare himself to Katness Everdeen, Doris Flootbaum (my neighbor), James T Kirk, or any one of the Lannisters.

Doesn't matter.

The BLM, (government) is doing wrong.

Next, people will stop supporting him because he prefers Coke over Pepsi!

I swear!

Such a bunch of bigoted, biased people!

Let me share something with you nitwits, supporting rights doesn't mean supporting rights you agree with!

It means standing up with people you DON'T agree with!

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Much ado about nothing. Who cares?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

To be honest, that is precisely what I haven't established to my own level of satisfaction yet. I'm pretty confident in what I've gathered so far that Bundy is the agitator here against the law, multiple court orders across several years, and the lay of the land for actual recorded and recognized claims of ownership.

The fact is, I've been collecting source data on this for over a week. I have too much, if anything, and haven't gotten through it all yet. That's what I've been looking forward to this weekend to do. On this and a couple other topics. Heck..one I just got handed this afternoon as a cold topic, but one SO powerful for impact on thinking with American history, I am getting a mega thread made for it and very soon.

So... I'll have my mind made up by the time I run with my efforts..but it's not there yet. I don't conclude anything until I feel sure I've seen everything that is relevant. I'm not there yet on this, for pure lack of time to read it all. I expected to find some source material. I got a truck load. (sigh)

Fair enough

Just remember when you try to decipher "The LAW" that the "LAW" deemed corporations people!

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

The POLICE STATE, we call the government that BUNDY is standing up to!

The FEDS LOST because Americans stood up to the BLM!

BINGO!!
We have a winner folks

TPTB along with the MSM is using the Race Card to distract people from the main issue at hand

**THE POLICE STATE**

Since this issue has gotten out of hand due to the fact that people are actually standing up to the gov., the only play they have left is throw out the race card and twist this man's words around....
Simple really and sadly, many have fallen for it hook, line and sinker

What about this couple here that were forced to take a loss on their mountain cabin because the government wanted thier land and came up with BS excuses why they could take it

The couple settled for a loss knowing they were fighting a losing battle
What cost them about $500,000 they only got $130,000 from our conniving distrusting government
At first, they only offered them $30,000...what an insult

But that didn't get as much attention as the Bundy situation
Why, because nobody helped them stand up against their government
Hence, no need to play the race card since it was quietly swept under the rug

What if that was you, fighting for your land?
Or a neighbor
Or a friend
Or family

The point being:
Does skin color really matter when it comes standing up to the government when they insist on playing dirty??
Hell no!!!

BTW, here's your beer....I took a sip *slurp*

edit on 25-4-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

And what happens when we post the truth?

Your supporting the wrong man.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join