It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Flabbergasted At The Unprecedented Ignorance *Some* Members Are Displaying

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
The OP is right, and maybe only the older generation can understand that.

We can only imagine the "priming" they pumped into Bundy before the camera started rolling.

With Jesse Ventura opening up his own section, I can only forecast more of the same as the sheeple flock to this site.

It becomes our duty to educate the masses, as it always has been, of course it's an uphill battle, we are fighting a publicly financed media machine.

Prepare to take on the influx, and all do your bit to convert them, it will be hard, but worth it in the long run.

And it's OK to be flabbergasted, just think back to how you were once taken in by the same crap, then continue to deny ignorance.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Hey ProfessorChaos ... you are right ... more media manipulation with 'selective editing' ... and more people jumping on that manipulation and buying into it. Those folks are using the selectively edited tape as an excuse to withhold support for the mans legal issues against the gov't. Not surprisingly, a lot of the same people screaming 'you are a racist if you support Bundy against the gov't' ... are the same people who screamed 'you are a racist if you think Zimmerman should be found not guilty' .... are the same people who screamed 'you don't like Obama because you are racist' ..... racist racist racist .... its weak and it gets old.

The rancher may or may not be bigoted or racist, but it has nothing to do with Harry Reid and Reid being in cahoots with China over land in the USA.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Has no one ever encountered an isolated old man from the country before?? Bundy is that man. They use a different dialect, its very common. And just because one, or a group, use such a dialect doesnt make them what the outsider believes them to be... In this case the outsider is you and I to Bundy, and in this case he is perceived to be racist (not by myself). People have been stuck in the city so long, Bundy's dialect might as well be spanish.

Even if you still believe the man is racist, does that now all the sudden justify what the BLM and feds are doing?!? Oh wait, it just makes it more popular, huh? Well at least now I realize freedom and individual liberties are now nothing more than a popularity contest...

Lets quit trying to be moralists here, and take a look in the mirror as you sit back and judge everyone around you.
edit on 3635x6736America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago4 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Wow. Holier than thou...
Happy to see this thread sink like the stone it is...

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Here's the thing. Imagine someone tapes you trying to explain Islam's position on infidels to a non-believer and then they edit the tape be as inflammatory as possible. Further imagine that you are not the most articulate or tactful of speakers so that when you try to clarify what you meant, it doesn't seem like Barack Obama speaking from a teleprompter.

Is it then fair to call you a Muslim extremist because that's how you've been made to sound?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor
Wow. Holier than thou...

If you have nothing to contribute to the thread, feel free to stay out of it.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Wow. Holier than thou...

No, this thread is not sinking like a stone. Is that all you have to say?

I see....you don't really have any valid input, nor debate skills...so I guess huffing and puffing and stomping your widdle feets, is all we are going to get from you.

Back on topic...

This, I posted a few days back in another thread. But, I feel it applies well to this thread, so have posted it here too.

"I've pondered this issue quite a bit over last few days. I was going to stay out of this debate, but have chosen to speak my mind.

All I can honestly say is. And, this is coming from a 63 year old woman, born and raised in the South.

Bundy is an old man, born and raised in the country. He was born and raised through a time period of much change, unlike many posting here. He has lived through times, many can only debate about here.

He speaks with the mind of an older man, with simple words, born of, I think, much deep thought. But, he can only use the words he was raised with to express those thoughts. Many will view his heart felt comments as racist based on todays values. Many will not, and will see a simple man using what he has to express himself.

I personally don't see his comments as racist. Though, I can see how many do. I hope that makes sense to some of you."

Des

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Wow. Holier than thou...

No, this thread is not sinking like a stone. Is that all you have to say?

I see....you don't really have any valid input, nor debate skills...so I guess huffing and puffing and stomping your widdle feets, is all we are going to get from you.

Back on topic...

This, I posted a few days back in another thread. But, I feel it applies well to this thread, so have posted it here too.

"I've pondered this issue quite a bit over last few days. I was going to stay out of this debate, but have chosen to speak my mind.

All I can honestly say is. And, this is coming from a 63 year old woman, born and raised in the South.

Bundy is an old man, born and raised in the country. He was born and raised through a time period of much change, unlike many posting here. He has lived through times, many can only debate about here.

He speaks with the mind of an older man, with simple words, born of, I think, much deep thought. But, he can only use the words he was raised with to express those thoughts. Many will view his heart felt comments as racist based on todays values. Many will not, and will see a simple man using what he has to express himself.

I personally don't see his comments as racist. Though, I can see how many do. I hope that makes sense to some of you."

Des

Thank you, Des, and well said.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Des

That was my point too. Bundy gave something for everyone to chew on, he's from an age of better times when both young and old had a future to look forward to through endeavour. To me he understands that is so many ways he was advantaged, not because of who he is, but where he is, and what he does.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I agree Smurfy.

What's confusing to me is. Some of the same people who are up in arms about words, that an old man raised in the country used in expressing his thoughts. Will go out and buy rap music and think what they hear, is cool. There is no outrage on the artists expressing themselves, in the words they know and use.

It's a two sided coin, but some refuse to look at both sides.

JMOHO...

Des

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Brilliant destiny brilliant now if people would stop watching The Magicians trick and focused on the other hand they would see whats really goin on...a reply to: Destinyone

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This lady has figured it out.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

To seize HIS land? Sure, how much did they pay her for this bit of brainwashing.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

To seize HIS land? Sure, how much did they pay her for this bit of brainwashing.

I think you missed the point... no, I'm positive that you did.

This whole racism "scandal" is a manufactured distraction, brought to you by the fine folks in our government, and their mouthpiece, the Media, who are determined to get what they want by hook, or by crook.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Why? Did someone force Mr Bundy to speak on racial issues? I thought it was about he does not recognize the authority of the Feds.

This will not go away if people don't stop defending him. The conservatives better pray he goes away, or their big plans of "taking back the gov'ment" in 2014 is washed up.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I don't understand why you, and a few others, think people have to be paid shills to express their true honest feelings. Just because it doesn't agree with your opinion?

Des

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I was willing to give her a chance. Until she tried to spread mis-information. That is not Mr. Bundy's land.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

When even a glimpse of right on the other side is admitted, the cause for doubting one's own right is laid. Don't blame the sheep, blame the shepherds!

Many Americans look to the media as the peoples voice and the herd mentality takes over from there. The great masses of our population do not have a voice, and in that lies the problem.

Keeping control of public opinion means making different opponents appear as if they belonged to one category and people are more amenable to the appeal of rhetoric than to any other force etc..

We give it up so plain!

This was never about Bundy but rather countering federal aggression and preventing another Waco like incident. 76 people died at Waco 22 of them children under the age of 12. The majority being 1-6 years of age. That's more than Sandy Hook and not a single person involved with the assault even lost their job. In fact many were promoted. The Federal Government should not be allowed to bear arms against US citizens and the outfits should have been disarmed years ago, but instead sport the latest military gear around even attack helicopters. You should note that they are not armed to face some foreign threat. We the people are the threat!

If Bundy was in violation of the law a Sherriff and a few deputies should have picked him up. It never warranted a full on assault with federal storm troopers. Bundy is an old white man and I bet as racist as they come, but that does not warrant a full on military assault against him and his family.

I'll be the first to tout how great this country is. We enjoy a great standard of living and well life is good. Really I challenge any of you to compile a list of things you would actually change to make some marked improvement here. However a real and present danger lies just under the surface and veiled with a thin layer of democracy.

In a country where a corporation has won the right to hide what they feed us, and we the people have no right to know what we are eating. A country where the press is completely monopolized by corporations who openly spew propaganda and in turn hold sway over public opinion. A country where a corporation can spend unlimited amounts of money to effect their political ambitions while the great masses of the population have no voice. A country which monitors every word you speak or type. A country where secret police abound. A country where citizens are tortured and or assassinated with no due process. The list goes on and on. We may enjoy a great quality of life but it is just matter of time until it is decided millions of own our children need to die in some manufactured conflict, or any number of things which are abhorrent to our liberty could transpire..

"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini

edit on 27-4-2014 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
I find it inconceivable that supposedly intelligent, and 'enlightened' people are this obtuse, and yet we have the posts that have been made in the last couple days.

Lol. You seriously believe the majority of the people posting here are truly intelligent and "enlightened"? Sure that's how they like to see themselves while calling the rest of the world "ignorant sheeps".

The truth is that most conspiracy theorists are retarded as hell, don't even know what being critical means, just copy-paste stupid and contradicting stuff they read from dubious quality sites without taking the time to crosscheck for validity.

The number of truly "intelligent and enlightened" people on this board is probably between 1 and 10% (still better than some other sites).

This is the internet, not some prestigious academia. Any idiot can post his opinion here and the internet has a tendency to attract idiots, just go read reddit and places like that to see how the majority of internet posters are just average or below average people who think they are unique and knowledgeable when they only have #ty, uncritical and uneducated opinions.

Sorry to be blunt but I'm not surprised when I read racists or paranoid or just plain stupid stuff here that look like it could be written by a 22 year old weed-addled slacker from the comfort of his chair after a game of Dota, or by a crazy ranting W.A.S.P. who thinks Obama is fulfilling the Bible and unleashing the end of the world.

Intelligent and enlightened, lol.

The conspiracy crowd is mainly anything but that. Even worse, the vast majority shows signs of delusion and mental imbalance.

(disclaimer; there is still a ton of very smart and open-minded and critical and likable posters here. Just nowhere close to the majority).
edit on 28-4-2014 by SpaceGoatFarts because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to: ATF1886

That would require critical thinking skills...

Some people just have the attention of wet paste, and the media, and their government puppetmasters count on that..

Oh, look at the shiny thing....pretty.... -drools a bit-

....what was I saying again?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join