It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Flabbergasted At The Unprecedented Ignorance *Some* Members Are Displaying

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22
a reply to: theantediluvian

Won't even quote you because most of it wasn't worth the bandwidth the first time around. What's your view on what Charlie Rangel did? Didn't claim income on rental properties and obtained subsidized housing illegitimately, all costing the taxpayers their due. He got a slap on the wrist. Did you flap your gums when he was exposed or did you do as I suspect and claim it was a witch hunt? Or maybe you just conveniently stayed silent?

Please spare us your feigned consternation. There's billions scammed from the welfare system, the social security system and medicaid system every year. Billions. Get consternate about those. Bundy is a productive contributor to society. he's a positive, not a negative. He's the salt of the Earth. There's lots of scum out there to get your panties in a wad over.

What's your point exactly, are you telling the OP to shut up?
On a point of order, there are trillions, not billions, scammed from US citizens on black projects that they know nothing about..what goes around comes around. Sure Bundy is the salt of the Earth, what's that got to do with your remarks?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Irrespective of the specific media reports, what is your assessment if any of Mr Bundy's extent of bigotry? -which is by definition ignorance.

How is the extent of his bigotry relevant to his moral standing, legal troubles and his armed attempts at superseding the courts.

If you don't mind, I'd like to see some confirmation that you are not doing the exact same thing you accuse others of. I'll admit I'm skeptical that you are objective.

I feel that while one could say that Mr. Bundy is bigoted, that does not put him in any special class of person. It's my opinion that everyone is bigoted in one way, or another, and anyone that claims not to be, is probably lying outright, or is oblivious to their own shortcomings as a person.

His particular "bigotry" has no standing in my opinion with regard to his moral standing, legal troubles, or his "armed attempts at superseding the courts" (as you call it. I feel that what he is doing is displaying a corrupt system for what it is, corrupt). His "bigotry", in my opinion, lies in little more than using a word that was never anything more than the old school equivalent to the word "blacks" in today's terminology, which is really just a remnant of his upbringing, and had no racist connotation to it in his comments.
How would his statements (when taken in context) have ANY bearing on his current situation with the BLM, other than to be misused as a tool to discredit him in the eyes of the public, and allow the BLM to act in any way they choose (read: with armed force), without risking the PR nightmare that they were before he made those comments?

As to your skepticism of my objectivity, I have to admit that I can be equally skeptical of yours.

Think what you will of myself, or my comments on this, but in the end, I'm most interested in people taking what is said in context, and working from there to understand what was actually said. If his comments, in their entirety, had not changed the complexion of the snipped version that is being used against him, I would not defend his remarks, but I would continue to defend his rights in the grazing issue.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Those that took the one minute and thirty second clip waved about by the Media at first glance and flocked to its banner, really need to reexamine their own motives when it comes to being proven to have overreacted to a manufactured scandal.

So was it a manufactured scandal when he went back on tv and repeated the comments again? The only change he made was to add I wonder.

He was obviously clarifying his remarks, which is extremely common in today's P.C. society. My comment about the scandal being manufactured refers (Clearly, I think) to the fact that there was an effort to take the only comments that he made that could be misconstrued as racist, and to present them to the public in order to generate bad press, and assassinate his character.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I posted this in another thread, but I feel it is appropriate here as well. . . . .

Its like free speech.

Bundy is saying something, the government is trying to shut him up.

People who are for free speech should be applauding Bundy. But when some hear and disagree with what he is saying, then they side with the government.

So now we have a caveat to freedom.

In order to be in the right, in order to gain support, you must only say what is appropriate.

Which, in the end, will silence everyone.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: PaperMetel
Its the T.V. Way to many people watch WAY 2 much of it. The commercials and news prepare your mind for reprogramming and more then a few shows tell you how you should think. Day after day you take all that in
and over time you slowly start to change your mind
There are reasons they repeat things 3 times or more. Just like there are reasons why they edit media, or cover one story instead of another more important one. And its not just to fit in a few critical news items into an hour.

That being said read my signature below..

Just had to give you a star for that, not that you're likely the type that want one, just that it might influence others, just like the msm does LOL
People just wont get it, because if they did they'd have to justify the reason for that big mega inch wide screen that fills a whole wall of their house, and every day they sit for seven hours (on average) being programed by it.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer
Precisely...

As of yesterday, expressing your own thoughts is now officially a "hate crime" per TPTB, MSM...first time in our history.

ATS members who express their thoughts are now subject to FEMA Camp re-education.
Nice going ATS members.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I posted this in another thread, but I feel it is appropriate here as well. . . . .

Its like free speech.

Bundy is saying something, the government is trying to shut him up.

People who are for free speech should be applauding Bundy. But when some hear and disagree with what he is saying, then they side with the government.

So now we have a caveat to freedom.

In order to be in the right, in order to gain support, you must only say what is appropriate.

Which, in the end, will silence everyone.

Agreed, that's what it is about. Some posts here though want to go on an attack the OP for opening his gub, then add their opinion on the OP as being insincere, totally unwarranted. The OP stated a truism of what certain areas of the press were doing, there is no doubt about that. IMHO, overall an ad hominum attack, and it has been allowed.
edit on 25-4-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Nice rant, but sad fact is the right is using the same tools and try to pretend there side is the right one.

Both sides of the same coin. For someone who is so smart, you fell in the same trap.

I find it interesting that you would break it down to a left/right thing, when I never brought either one into the discussion.

Believe it or not, there is a third side to any coin; it's that really thin one along the outside.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Sure its free speech. And guess what, he said it. No one is silencing the idiot... many just think hes an ignorant dumbass. And THAT is free speech too.

Those were the days weren't they? I mean, my dad didn't have a pair of shoes until he was 12 years old.
edit on 25-4-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Negro negro negro...... Call me racist...you idiots....there are limits of stupidity which you anti Bundy posters seem to have crossed.....back off and stop trying to demonize a good man.....lordy I get sick of the ignorance displayed here....

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Is it really that difficult to understand that he was saying that the Government has screwed the descendants of former slaves by enslaving them to entitlement programs, dooming them to rely on the Government for the rest of their lives?

This is mind-boggling.

Yeah, they have it so good now, don't they?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Wanted to thank OP for this thread/expressed so much of what I see. While definitely seeing some comments that come from a programmed mindset (that seems on the increase in certain individuals) I also don't lose sight that shills have been around the forums (all alternative forums) since the beginning. It's a time 'dishonored' profession. The goal is to establish credibility. Effective propaganda needs something like 90% truth to insert the bait and switch. Some shills having been members for years/not really any surprise.

One error that I see repeated is Mr. Bundy didn't want to pay grazing fees. Is this a simplification or something that is repeated over and over till it settles into the mindset? The BLM edict was to reduce his herd to around 100 or 150 head (in that vicinity). Also within the edict was to restrict months to graze eliminating approximately 6 months of grazing/esp in the spring when grazing is so important. The goal, to force the rancher out of business. I wish those saying he didn't want to pay the fees could get clear on this/but then again if you are paid to have an agenda… Or are unable to critically think~

Naturally there are issues on top of the above but I see the mantra he didn't want to pay grazing fees.

Inquiring minds could follow other ranchers stories and see how they were forced not only off 'public lands' but bankrupt in the process simply by herd and month restrictions.

And for the poster who took aim at the baby calf, Brave, that expired last night/stating it was a photo op. I am a vegetarian so 'where's the beef' is no concern of mine personally. Yet my friends who are not vegetarian I wish for them access to meat that is not completely controlled by the factory farms. Not only do I realize factory farmed meat is loaded with toxic substances but the animals are raised in the most inhumane conditions that should shame any civilized society. I know farmers who raise animals for food and they treat the animals with love and compassion. They don't distance themselves from the living because someday they are going to eat it. Even if they didn't care, staying up all night with an orphan bottle feeding, they have an innate understanding that it is just 'right' to treat the animals in a humane manner. It's called being ethical. From a culinary perspective they will even tell you the meat just taste better.

When a few corp control the food supply and water, of which Bunkerville and the surrounding area is blessed with to the extreme not only in quantity but of the highest quality, then maybe the concept of slavery will finally dawn on the sleeping.

Much appreciation to those who have eyes to see…

Agenda 21, coming soon to a neighborhood near you~

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I don't bother posting about most US political /media things as I have often found it a tiresome barrage of a hatefest full of either /or opinions that look a lot like brainwashing. So, I won't comment on the Bundy thing.

I will comment on the thread title though.

Recently, more than normal, some of the opinions on ATS have been just too ridiculous and obviously put there for goading people with good ethics into responses just for the poster of the thread and their cronies verbally bashing on anyone that doesn't agree to them. Shame on them.

Such things as supporters of the failing patriarchal system calling feminists ''nazis'' and actually arguing about the validity of gender equality as it isn't about men, you couldn't make up such a story, but no here on ATS, it is.

Deny Ignorance, yeah right!

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
I don't bother posting about most US political /media things as I have often found it a tiresome barrage of a hatefest full of either /or opinions that look a lot like brainwashing. So, I won't comment on the Bundy thing.

Recently, more than normal, some of the opinions on ATS have been just too ridiculous and obviously put there for goading people with good ethics into responses just for the poster of the thread and their cronies verbally bashing on anyone that doesn't agree to them. Shame on them.

Such things as supporters of the failing patriarchal system calling feminists ''nazis'' and actually arguing about the validity of gender equality as it isn't about men, you couldn't make up such a story, but no here on ATS, it is.

Deny Ignorance, yeah right!

My title is a reflection of how I honestly feel regarding the utter lack of effort on the part of those clinging to the MSM narrative, to take Cliven Bundy's comments in context (I feel that I have made this clear in the post); not to goad anyone into anything.

Ignoring the context of a statement IS ignorant, there's no gray area there.

If you don't wish to get involved in the overall discussion, then feel free to avoid it, but don't pop in and claim that I'm baiting people with my thread title.

The title, I think, clearly expresses in a nutshell the statements that I made in my OP, and if I'm not mistaken, that is kind of what a title is for. If I'd titled the thread "I'm going to rant about something, but you'll have click here to find out what it is", that wouldn't exactly give anyone skimming the page any idea what the thread is about, would it?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Perhaps you should refrain from making assumptions.

I never accused you of baiting on this thread, it was a reference to the other thread I mentioned, which unless you are sporting another ATS screen name, wasn't your thread.

Whilst you might be making a thread about Bundy, which as I said, I won't comment on as it doesn't interest me, I will comment on the title of your thread, as I have also observed ''unprecedented ignorance'' on ATS recently.

It is in the rant forum, you are ranting about an observation of ignorance. I have mentioned another observation of ignorance.

edit on 25-4-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth

Perhaps you should refrain from making assumptions.

I never accused you of baiting on this thread, it was a reference to the other thread I mentioned, which unless you are sporting another ATS screen name, wasn't your thread.

Whilst you might be making a thread about Bundy, which as I said, I won't comment on as it doesn't interest me, I will comment on the title of your thread, as I have also observed ''unprecedented ignorance'' on ATS recently.

It is in the rant forum, you are ranting about an observation of ignorance. I have mentioned another observation of ignorance.

In that case, I apologize. That was the way it came across to me.

***EDIT***

I think this sentence put me on the defensive by assuming you were taking issue with my title.
edit on 4/25/2014 by ProfessorChaos because: edit to add

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
If you can't argue the facts...

Argue the Title?

Sheesh

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

So your hero gets a little dirty and you sling mud our way?
Typical desperate pathetic move by your typical pathectic side.

Is this your personal admittance of ignoring the context of his comments, and working solely off of the MSM narrative?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I'd like to make something clear here:

Cliven Bundy is not my "hero" as Jefferton (and some others) might think. I did not see any racism in his comments, and find the tactic that the media (and most likely, Harry Reid) are employing to discredit him in the public eye, to be despicable.
Equally, I find people who are willing to swallow whatever the media feeds them without question (as evidenced by those refusing to acknowledge the out-of-context nature of the 1:30 video) to be irresponsible, and ignorant.

I support Cliven Bundy in his battle against the BLM, and their tyrannical land-grabbing, and campaign of misinformation. I happen to think that he is a good man, who is trying to wake the American people up to the injustice that is being perpetrated on them by politicians that feel they are above the law, simply because they make the law.

That being said, Cliven Bundy is a member of the LDS church, which I happen to feel is a cult, so I wouldn't be hanging out with him in his church, and I wouldn't let him into my home to try to convert me to Mormonism. I would, however, be perfectly comfortable having him in my home to talk with him about issues with the governance of the United States, and I certainly wouldn't turn down an invitation to his house for a barbecue, and a game of horseshoes, as he seems to be a really nice guy.

I do not agree with everything Cliven Bundy believes in, but the things that I do agree with are the reason I'm willing to defend him in this, and the grazing situation.

Calling him the "hero" of those coming to his defense, or trying to pare this down to a left vs. right scenario is fallacious, and silly. This isn't left against right, this is Them (The Government) against Us (The People).
edit on 4/26/2014 by ProfessorChaos because: Typo defence - defense

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I just cant believe the depth of the programming displayed in the Anti Bundy posts......
Its scaring the hell out of me.....
Theres a lot of people out there who would be willing government stooges even though they see the Feds out there playing with ww3 like it was a shiny toy....
Don't you realise these are the bullies, the psychopaths, the criminally insane who run our countries?
The corruption and greed goes far beyond avarice, yet you sit still for the shearing??
They send your children off to kill or be killed in foreign lands that mean nothing to you....yet you still send them?
Is there anybody out there?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join