It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bitcoins in Space: Private Deep Space Venture Aims to Launch 'Bitsats'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Check it out, ATS

A new private Space Venture is getting in on the new Space movement by bringing a Bitcoin network to Space through use of Satellite.

Deep Space Industries launched just last year with big plans to prospect near-Earth asteroids and mine them for water and metals. Deep Space chairman Rick Tumlinson, a veteran of the private space industry, said the company's move into the cryptocurrency world is in line with its goals.

"While this announcement may surprise some people, it is actually very much in line with our spacecraft development plans, including another private spacecraft system we will be announcing in a few months that will use many of the same components and systems," Deep Space chairman Rick Tumlinson said in a statement. "This means much lower costs — very important for the donation-based BitSat effort."

This is HUGE! I predicted in a separate thread months ago that Bitcion would be the currency of choice for cosmic transactions because of its de-centralized qualities/ properties. Remember when Virgin Galactic announced that it would accept Bitcion as payment for its Orbital Tourism flights? There's a reason.

I think Bitcion is the future. What says ATS?

www.space.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Bit coin has made me lots of money...this is bad news for me...because it means it will probably start heading towards stabilizing lol

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

After what happened to everyone that lost money through bitcoins, they belong in space!
There are too many ways of taking advantage of this system right now.

I'll save my nuts at home instead.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

to the moon,
for space net,
and remote moon racers

bitcoin the space currency of the future!!!

lol

xploder

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: puptuls

Growing pains, people lern't, well fairly slowley and repeatedly lol, not to put their coins in dodgy places - it's not the future yet, defiantly a pretty bold move in all regards tho (and yes I personally may have 'lost' small amounts, just dabbling I've lost much more loosing my (real) wallet on a night out

top topics

join