It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC: Vaccines Prevented 322Mil Diseases

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The CDC has come out with numbers; statistics if you will, to seemingly counteract the anti-vaccination movement. The article goes on to suggest that in the 90s, the outbreak was a result of poor people missing out on vaccines. Today’s outbreaks “are the result of opting out.”

Assistant Surgeon General, Dr. Anne Schuchat said: "84 percent of the recent cases were not vaccinated or didn’t know their status. Of the unvaccinated, 68 percent had personal belief exemptions or opted out. The most at risk from measles, she noted, are infants too young to be vaccinated. “We need clinicians and parents to do their part.”

Vaccination coverage has remained near or above 90% for most vaccines, but measles has gotten off to an early and active start this year; 129 cases have been reported from 13 states—the most reported in the first four months since 1996. California (58), New York City (24), and Washington state (13) have seen the majority of outbreaks, defined as three or more related cases.

I think there's more to this article than what's being said. It almost feels like the CDC is using indirect advertising; announcements like this will bring in more people for its services.

Should more of us be vaccinated or not? I don't know. What says ATS?

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Should people be vaccinated? Yes. Only an idiot would argue otherwise.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Goteborg

Yes but there are more and more people not getting vaccinated every year. It's a growing trend and a movement that's gaining steam.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Yep. I know some of them. They're idiots. I try to explain to them that the reason they don't have polio or persistent whooping cough is because of vaccines but they think public health is some kind of government conspiracy. They're idiots.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Yes but there are more and more people not getting vaccinated every year. It's a growing trend and a movement that's gaining steam.

Yes these idiotic growing trend are BRINING BACK the forgotten diseases.

Whopping Coughs, Measles.. we will all be soon living in times b4 vaccine were invented. Where you die from catching a virus.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

a reply to: lostbook

Yep. I know some of them. They're idiots.

Insulting others says a lot about your own intelligence level..

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
My granddaughter has been with us for three days with flu like symptoms, brought her to the doctors. No pnemonia, no flu, no infections, just some kind of virus. The doctor said it will probably be over in a week, it is a common virus. We looked it up and it is probably one of the Adenaviruses. I guess our natural immunity to most flu viruses doesn't include this one, it is a kid virus, once you get it you usually get immunity unless your immune system is screwed. She can't take the flu shot, she gets real sick from them like my daughter and I do. My brother also cannot take flu shot.

They did have vaccines for this virus but they had some pretty bad side effects so they pulled them after two years. The military still uses them sometimes. I guess soldiers getting sick from them isn't a problem.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Oh I think the CDC has it's hands full right now, It will be interesting to see how this plays out, I can see people going to jail for a long time....

nsnbc.me...

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I am pro-vaccination and my kids have all been vaccinated, just like I was when I was young.
I don't think people are idiots, I think it's the fact that, as diseases have been disappearing, new parents are not fearing those diseases anymore and don't realize that without mass vaccinations they may come back. This happened in Whales, last year or 2012 when there was a measles epidemic and a few children died, all because the parents refuse the MMR due to false reports in the media.

If polio or measles make a comeback, you'll see how the next generations of parents will vaccinate their kids.
I remember reading about this woman who never vaccinated her kids and they never caught anything serious, what she didn't realize was that her kids were protected because all other children around them were immunized and did not transmit the disease.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The problem with the vaccination debate is that both sides try to portray it as though there is one answer, good or bad, when the truth is that different people react to different things differently.

Some people, like myself, do far better when they omit from getting things like a flu shot. Others need it every year.

For either side to claim that there is one blanket answer is foolish.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
When you read and understand what the ingredients in a vaccine are, and what they do......
When you read the warnings and disclaimers........
You have the information needed to make a decision. You also have freedom of choice - at least, for now.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
but but but alex jones tells pregnant women on the streets, in stores, in restaurants, not to get their kids vaccinated, he'll literally walk up to them, doesn't matter if they got this big roidhead with them

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Let's us keep it things this way, with freedom to chose.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: bitsforbytes

Let's us keep it things this way, with freedom to chose.

Since government is paid for by big business lobbying for regulation, I do believe eventually there will be no choice...by law.
Independent research is always silenced by corporate-funded research. The truth all to often gets bought out by those with enormous profit in mind. GMO is a very good example. We have no right to choose what we eat, and millions have been spent to prevent labeling.

When LARGE sums of money- millions- are spent to denounce something, I'm pretty sure there is a cover-up going on for financial reasons.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Perhaps, but for now all one can do is give their money to those whom you deem on your side. This is our right to choose where our personal revenue goes to. It is our responsibility to support those who make food for a profit, but using methods that don't involve altering the natural mechanisms set in nature, those used for thousands of years.

new topics

top topics

join