It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The proselytising atheist, why?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
There seem to be a good deal of interesting conspiracys in religion,
there also seems to be many valid questions in this forum that are raised.

It strikes me that on every occasion a question is raised, before a legitimate answer is offered or given air to be questioned,
an avalanche of anti religious rhetoric is spewed out. Rhetoric that offers absolutely nothing that validates discussion or furthers the topic. Sadly this clouds any real discussion, any real meaningful search to an answer.
Conspiracy? Do we have a bunch of God hating shills or are we just witnessing atheistic proselytising.

A evangelical mob bent on stopping any reasonable discourse. Does this kind of anti religion type movement happen on other forums.
And what is the point, are these people hoping to gain converts to their faith, block others making a free choice.
Just like arguing for the sake of arguing

I am sick of it, sick of the constant preaching by the same old atheists, sick of the demands I follow their faith.
Sick of the fact I have to be pressured to believe what they want me to believe

I just dont understand the motivation behind the anti God movement

anyone, any idea?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
To give you guys some decent competition, of course. You didn't think it would be as easy as posting your opinion on the internet, did you?

edit on 25-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity
To give you guys some decent competition, of course. You didn't think it would be as easy as posting your opinion on the internet, did you?

decent competition, have you read your own posts?

why are you afterinfinity so preachy.
Its a simple question, why do you spend so much time in this forum

I would classify you as the Fred Phelps of atheists around here, thats just my opinion

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I think the preaching atheists are just following in the footsteps of the preaching religious folks.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Yeah ok, that is blatantly obvious but it doesnt answer why

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This is very simple. The atheists have created their own religion.

Its basic goals are to stamp out belief in and references to God.

They clearly are well funded, have an agenda and are serving the dark powers of the universe.

As Bob Dylan says: You Gotta Serve Somebody.

edit on 2014/4/25 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

I am sick of it, sick of the constant preaching by the same old atheists, sick of the demands I follow their faith. Sick of the fact I have to be pressured to believe what they want me to believe - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The IRONY IT BURNS!!

OP it depends on how you start the topic.

If you start the thread by saying god is absolute. You will get hit bad.

Try starting a thread by the lines of "Lets consider god is real for this specific conversation..." im sure you will receive less hate for it.

Keep in mind that you are not creating thread for one type of people, the sooner you learn that the better.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
I just dont understand the motivation behind the anti God movement
anyone, any idea?

Just as the ptb want a One world government, they also desire a one world religion

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
Yeah ok, that is blatantly obvious but it doesnt answer why

I suppose there are several reasons, but one that I can think of right off hand...

Because anti-freedom laws are made in conjunction with religious beliefs and they don't like their lives being controlled by religious fundamentalists. (think gay marriage bans, abortion bans, etc.) I know I'm sick to death of the religio-political system in this country. Laws should be secular, not based on people's religious beliefs.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

I am sick of it, sick of the constant preaching by the same old atheists, sick of the demands I follow their faith. Sick of the fact I have to be pressured to believe what they want me to believe - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

OP it depends on how you start the topic.

If you start the thread by saying god is absolute. You will get hit bad.

Try starting a thread by the lines of "Lets consider god is real for this specific conversation..." im sure you will receive less hate for it.

Keep in mind that you are not creating thread for one type of people, the sooner you learn that the better.

Well unless I am asked I try not to be preachy and in most cases I clarify my position by suggesting it is just my opinion.

That said I am aware how annoying preachy Christians are, yet here we are on a religious forum. Thats par for the course I expect.
Now my issue is why do we have preachy atheists trying to convert people, if indeed they are trying to win converts.

Why are they doing it? Its not a trick question.

Why are they acting like those they detest so much?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I was lucky in skipping to the end where I found your statement that we are special because we are humans.

Could you clarify why that should be so as spoken by a very biased human? It is not for the sake of an argument, but because I don't see it way. To explain my position with less prose, I will say that humans are a life form on this planet and perhaps the more active intelligence on it. But as in the old days of the Earth being the center of the Universe, many of us these days feel quite differently. Some of us actually take as a simple truth that life abounds in the Universe and we are probably--if you give any credibility to UFO reports and the discovery of "earth-like" planets these days--not only not alone, but are an upstart Third World world if even that high in the order.

Basically, what I'm getting at is that we are top dog (so we think) on Earth, a continuation of the anthropocentric argument. But given the prospect that other intelligences are visiting us and may even have a hand in our being here, are we really that special to any of them out there anywhere except for our self opinion? Are we so sacred that if it were deemed that the existence of the Earth itself, as a living body, was more important in the long run over then the existence of the crazy creatures that are ravaging it? What would be the choice of a higher intellect? It may help if you were to view the situation from a quasi-religious viewpoint as if there was a God up there on a throne tempted to start the process over or not. I know, it had to be objective when you are human, but it is worth a try.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I suppose there are several reasons, but one that I can think of right off hand...

Because anti-freedom laws are made in conjunction with religious beliefs and they don't like their lives being controlled by religious fundamentalists. (think gay marriage bans, abortion bans, etc.) I know I'm sick to death of the religio-political system in this country. Laws should be secular, not based on people's religious beliefs.

Seriously, you want to remove the believers freedom to vote, remove democracy.

What you want by my understanding is a dictatorship where those you oppose are silenced.

That sounds very creepy, think about it

You dont accept others opinions and demand full control.
Does your country have gay marriage, abortion?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

There is no "converting religious to Atheist".. one becomes an Atheist by themselves, converting means they will just go back.

This is not like Religion to Religion, where the person still believes in a god.

One person need to become atheist themselves thru their experience, education and logic.

Becomes Atheist is getting out of the comfort zone, it snot everyone can easily do, esp some people who dependant on god.

I rather not see any Atheist converting anyone. But if arguing/challenging religious faiths is converting to you, then im sorry.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The oppression of thousands, and countless acts of murder and betrayal by religion.
Im not "anti-god" but you bet your ass I'm anti-religion.
All modern religion does is hold humanity back, with bronze age beliefs.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

One person need to become atheist themselves thru their experience, education and logic.

Well by my experience here, logic and education is stymied by rants irrelevant to the topic.
Rants by atheists in a predominantly religious based forum.

Thats proselysing, seeking others to sway to your belief.

I dont understand how you come to that conclusion.

As for comfort zones, atheism provides the perfect comfort zone. Do as you want as you wont be held accountable after your life ends.
Christianity, God wants His followers to sacrifice themselves as Christ did, and be subject and responsible for their actions
Comfort zone? I dont think you really understand

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: rangerdanger
The oppression of thousands, and countless acts of murder and betrayal by religion.
Im not "anti-god" but you bet your ass I'm anti-religion.
All modern religion does is hold humanity back, with bronze age beliefs.

Well I dont see secularism as the great symbol of hope you do.
There has been a river of secular governments that have produced a flood of deaths and oppressions.
Genocides and wars by so many communist groups, hell they make them nasty religious types look reasonable
I am anti religion as well, though I cant pinpoint the bronze age beliefs you accuse modern religions of enforcing, care to elaborate?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Ummm.... Not taking responsible?

As for comfort zones, atheism provides the perfect comfort zone. Do as you want as you wont be held accountable after your life ends. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Atheist believes there is no saving, what you do is on you. There is no forgivness.

There is no bribe to do good in atheism, an atheist doing charity work is doing these without expecting heavenly rewards.

Atheist does not have a comfort zone that god will show a miracle and fix his problem.. he knows he needs to do it himself to get what he wants.

Religious are living in the comfort zone that god is there to watch over things, help in tough times and have a place for you in heaven.

So rebellion is what holding back a religious person from going on a murderous rampage? what does that tell you? why arn't all the atheist going on a murdering rampage?

The fact that you think Atheist have no morals and do whatever they want shows the lack of knowledge on what you are debating on.

Morals are not derived from religion. Think about it an atheist doing charity is much more "moral" than a religious.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Both sides of the debate fall into a trap to start with,

They start the argument from I am right, you are wrong.

A intellectually honest person would admit that Agnostic, or I don't know, is the only real honest un biased stance.

So both start from a position that does not allow for debate to begin with.

A better argument against the "faithful" Of any religion is not that there is NO god, but to chip away at the argument to begin with. As your not just attacking their belief in a deity, but in deeper held religious and culture beliefs as well.

Address the internal theological flaws, etc.

Same with the Atheist, starting with MY PERSONAL KNOWABLE GOD is real, is silly. As your arguing fairy tales to them, better to start with if the current known physics allow or disallow for a creator, etc.

Everyone starts at an uncompromising stance, which is based purely on subjective personal experience, all anyone can say, is my life till this point puts me here.

Yet everyone speaks from "authority" of their own emotions, which blinds the argument from the start.

Science can't even tell us if we are all just sims running in some quantum holographic CPU somewhere, on an aliens laptop... (Simulation theory) Yet most Novice want to expound definite beliefs...

Personally, I like to live my world view. Who I am, how I treat people, should be all that is needed to determine what I believe, or at least what matters about what I believe.
edit on 25-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
You're right, we should have acted more like the crusaders, they definetly left the floor open to discussion.

Quite easily could be noted the amount of posts vilifying atheists as "satanists" or "uneducated" or "anti-religious retorhic".

I'm sorry but with the plethera of lies and deceit that is the basis of religion, atheists are still so far behind the 8-ball when it comes to making unjustified "retorhic" claims.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

Lots of people (such as yourself) seem unable to come to terms with the word atheist, despite that being exactly what you/they are.

Atheists dont by default claim that there is no god, most (such as you and I) state that we do not know, and so can be described as agnostic-atheists.....

There can be no fence sitting on this issue, you either believe in god/s......or you do not.

When asked 'do you believe in god/s?'....if you answer yes you're a theist.......if you answer ANYTHING else (including 'I don't know')..........you're an atheist

In regards to the OP.....

For the past 3000+ years theists would have burnt us at the stake for not believing in their god/s.....and now that you're receiving just a little bit of force-feedback you're whining about it?

You should be expecting some resistance in this day and age, you should be expecting differing opinions.....because that's the world we live in now.......so you're all gonna have to suck it up and deal with it.

edit on 25-4-2014 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join