It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

View homosexually tolerant film, or school faces lawsuit

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Two Steps Forward

Capitalism is the un-equal distribution of wealth according to cunning, ruthlessness, and luck;
Communism is the equal distribution of moonshine by imagination."

"Liberalism is the art of standing outside a prison and telling the inmates to open the door."

Fixed.

REPLY:I believe it's against the rules to change the text in another persons post; As to the changes you made, I can only assume you're a recent result of the public school system, probably one of the "elite" colleges, as you quite obviously don't know anything about economics or communism.

I'm still debating whether to respond to your other post, since your obfuscations are consistantly off topic.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zappafan1
I believe it's against the rules to change the text in another persons post

Had to read the Terms and Conditions again to make sure. You're mistaken.

As to the changes you made, I can only assume you're a recent result of the public school system

I graduated from a public high school in 1975. Is that what you mean by "recent"?

probably one of the "elite" colleges

I didn't graduate from college, and I'll guarantee you I couldn't have afforded an "elite" one.

as you quite obviously don't know anything about economics or communism.

Translation: "I'm totally clueless about how to answer your post, since I know next to nothing about economics and communism except how to present sound-bites in a signature, so I'll fall back on insults in the hope you'll be offended and leave."

Failure to agree with your own economic ideology is not evidence of ignorance; I would in fact say it's evidence of knowledge, although not conclusive. As for Communism, I have the best acquaintance with it one could have: I've read Marx and studied history. I think my characterization of Communism as idealistic moonshine is quite accurate.

I'm still debating whether to respond to your other post, since your obfuscations are consistantly off topic.

Translation: "I'm totally clueless about how to answer your post, since I have been caught in blatant logical errors, so I'll fall back on insults in the hope you'll be offended and leave."

Alas for you, I have no intention of doing anything of the sort.

[edit on 27-6-2006 by Two Steps Forward]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Two Steps Forward

Capitalism is the un-equal distribution of wealth according to cunning, ruthlessness, and luck;
Communism is the equal distribution of moonshine by imagination."

"Liberalism is the art of standing outside a prison and telling the inmates to open the door."

Fixed.

Capitalism is the unequal distribution of wealth and inversely proportional distribution of intelligence by the selective concentration of genes.

(Does anybody else find their headspace personally offended by Hilton and Ritchie?)

Maoism (Pol Potism) is the equal distribution of poverty by force.

Liberalism is the art of supporting the poor by drinking Chardonnay. Darling.

Fixed

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
Capitalism is the unequal distribution of wealth and inversely proportional distribution of intelligence by the selective concentration of genes.

(Does anybody else find their headspace personally offended by Hilton and Ritchie?)

Beautiful!

(And yes.)

Oh, come on, you can do better than that. The other two were so good!

Excellent. Especially for those that think Democrats are liberal.

Fixed

Nah. It's better, but still needs work.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I graduated from a public high school in 1975. Is that what you mean by recent"?

REPLY: Well, the schools started changing in the mid-60's, so I suppose that might be "recent".

I didn't graduate from college, and I'll guarantee you I couldn't have afforded an "elite" one.

REPLY: Me either; and I've gotten a better education because of it.

Failure to agree with your own economic ideology is not evidence of ignorance; I would in fact say it's evidence of knowledge, although not conclusive. As for Communism, I have the best acquaintance with it one could have: I've read Marx and studied history. I think my characterization of Communism as idealistic moonshine is quite accurate.

REPLY: My hasty wording was the result of a 14 hour day at work, and too long in front of the monitor.

As for Communism, I have the best acquaintance with it one could have: I've read Marx and studied history. I think my characterization of Communism as idealistic moonshine is quite accurate.

REPLY: Me, too. It's description as "idealistic moonshine" is accurate because it's never worked and never will. That doesn't, however, keep many from trying it.

Alas for you, I have no intention of doing anything of the sort.

REPLY: I don't want that, and I didn't mean that.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

REPLY:You forgot hard work. Even lower IQ people can educate themselves enough to improve their life.

Does anybody else find their headspace personally offended by Hilton and Ritchie?

REPLY: God, yes, and how those two.... ummmmm..... strumpets..... got a TV show is beyond me.

REPLY: As is Communism. Ask any Cuban or N. Korean.

REPLY: Purchased as made by Californians, I hope; Never France.

Well, this thread has certainly played out, which can be assesed by how far it (any thread) goes off-topic. Thanks to all who have made posts.

[edit on 28-6-2006 by zappafan1]

top topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join