It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

View homosexually tolerant film, or school faces lawsuit

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joe Manco

Originally posted by edsinger
Hell lets lust let Pedophiles do what they do then, they were born that way. Surely they will find the gene that causes such vile behavior.

*BING!!!* Yes sir! You just won the moron of the month award, come on down and collect your prize.

homosexual sex is between two consenting adults who can do whatever the hell they like in their own bedroom as far as I'm concerned.

Pedophiles abuse the defenseless and is certainly NOT consensual, although some youngsters may not be aware of what's going on.

Even if you hate homos to make a comparison like that is borderline retarded.

Personal attacks? And why? I don't think where Ed was going is entirely false. It isn't deniable, that our social order has been stronger in the past. On the other hand, we have always had negative influences on our kids.

So where is all the anger coming from? Is it impossible that granting homosexual marriage will lead to the acceptance of other lifestyles? Is it possible to reduce the age of consent, among other possibilities?

Who knows? A study in society is lengthy and time consuming, past or present, let alone holding a crystal ball, so let's not pretend you know everything.

What many Christians fail to get across, is that it is the actions that we deem inappropriate, but it should not be the people. The love of Christianity flies out the window in these conversations, and the Christian spokespeople have not always been very reputable.

There has been a growing trend towards tolerance that could turn to forced tolerance of things we think are wrong. The government, let alone a private group, should not have the power to force us to tolerate ANYTHING.

No one has shut the KKK down, as despicable as I think their message is. In fact, they are yet another reason Christians get a bad name despite the positive Christian contributions to the civil rights movement.

So everyone calm down, and have a reasonable discussion.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Love the sinner yet hate the sin..................

Look I do not hate gay people, but I can not tell them what they do is OK and not a sin. I do not want my children thinking that this lifestyle choice is acceptable either.

First they want benefits, then the right to be den daddy's with the cub scouts, now marriage.....so you can see it is a constant picking away at society's moral fabric.....

it is still sin...

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBM
Hey how bout this. We make the Gay and Lesbian people watch a video on straight people and force them to watch it as tolerance traininng or we threaten to sue them.

OK...now IBM think to yourself...I know you can do it! "why would someone want to promote tolerence of homosexuality?"

It's to educate people and let them know that homosexuals are human beings just like the rest of us (unfortunately some people have a problem grasping this concept). Do you disagree? Maybe they want to see sensless hate crimes be put to an end...by giving homosexuals a human face. No one is forcing homosexuality down anyone's throat.

As far as making homosexuals watch a video on straight people...I've never heard of gay people killing straight people because they weren't gay. By no means am I the spokesperson for all gay people, but I believe that they are pretty tolerent when it comes to heterosexuality. They just don't like straight people turning their backs on hate crimes and telling them that they are perverse degenerates who do not deserve the same rights as everyone else. Wouldn't that upset you a bit? And if you think being homosexual is a choice...why would someone subject themselves to that kind of treatment?

Do you really think someone decides to be gay or straight when growing up? Did you choose to be straight? Again, how the hell is being gay hurting anyone else?

[edit on 11/28/2004 by Lecky]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   

It is not my crusade to rid the world of sin, but it is my faith to call a sin a sin and not to teach my child otherwise.

Oh how noble you are Ed...what about the sin of murder? You never bring that up in all your pro-war threads. Oh...unless God doesn't mind the killing of innocent civilians during wartime... they aren't Christian anyways...

You will respond by justifying the murder of innocent civilians I'm sure...you better hope and pray God does as well. It's easy to get all passionate about "sins" that don't fit into your own agenda. Then you try and justify the other "sins" in which you take part of yourself or support. People have been using the Bible to support their own agenda for years...nothing new.

Maybe other people are sick and tired of hypocritical Christians...
Leave the judging to your God like your Bible tells you to...everyone else is sick of it.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I do not want my children thinking that this lifestyle choice is acceptable either.

Maybe you should realize that tolerance and acceptance are very different things.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeckyIt's to educate people and let them know that homosexuals are human beings just like the rest of us (unfortunately some people have a problem grasping this concept). Do you disagree? Maybe they want to see sensless hate crimes be put to an end...by giving homosexuals a human face. No one is forcing homosexuality down anyone's throat.

Oh they are human beings no doubt and some good ones also. But yet they partake of an act that is immoral and disgusting in the eyes of God (you pick one here and insert it because of the big three, all are clear on this). Nobody is claiming they are subhuman at all, the claim is that they live in sin and refuse to acknowledge that fact. Hate crimes are done by stupid ignorant people, these types of people are on both sides. You act as if Church's teach Christians to go beat the # out of them and that is further from the truth than you could possibly know. They teach us to love them but do not fail to point out the fact that they live in sin and can be forgiven, but they must understand that it is sin in the eyes of the Creator.

Originally posted by Lecky
Oh how noble you are Ed...what about the sin of murder? You never bring that up in all your pro-war threads. Oh...unless God doesn't mind the killing of innocent civilians during wartime... they aren't Christian anyways...

You will respond by justifying the murder of innocent civilians I'm sure...you better hope and pray God does as well. It's easy to get all passionate about "sins" that don't fit into your own agenda. Then you try and justify the other "sins" in which you take part of yourself or support. People have been using the Bible to support their own agenda for years...nothing new.

Maybe other people are sick and tired of hypocritical Christians...
Leave the judging to your God like your Bible tells you to...everyone else is sick of it.

You are so predictable, you calling me a sinner? Yup, your right I am. I recognize it also and I try not to sin as best I can but the flesh is weak but I never deny that I sin.

As for the war, well we should have let the Nazi's kill all the Jews even the gay ones as we can not justify war under Gods command? You need to read the Bible before denouncing it as if you were some expert on what it says. Leave the judging to God, how little you know. Do you understand fruits? Wait a second, let me rephrase that as Fruits of the Faith? You can know by the fruits of the tree.....

Hypocrites? How so? When did I say I wasn't a sinner? When did I say something is not a sin to suit my own agenda?

Don't get me started on the Pork either, W Hamilton lost that one...

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevolutionSolution

I do not want my children thinking that this lifestyle choice is acceptable either.

Maybe you should realize that tolerance and acceptance are very different things.

And you need to understand the difference also, I do not tell my children to discriminate against one because he is gay, yet I do not accept the state telling my child that this choice of lifestyle is acceptable. It is not, I have to live with it, but I will not condone the sugarcoating of it either.

Sin is Sin. And it doesn't mean squat what the meaning of is 'is'

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

And you need to understand the difference also, I do not tell my children to discriminate against one because he is gay, yet I do not accept the state telling my child that this choice of lifestyle is acceptable. It is not, I have to live with it, but I will not condone the sugarcoating of it either.

Sin is Sin. And it doesn't mean squat what the meaning of is 'is'

You're missing my point completely. Its called a "tolerance" film. Not an "acceptance" film. They are not telling children that the lifestyle is acceptable, just that these children who come from homes with two mommy's or daddy's are not any less a person than them and do not deserve the abuse they often get. Its great that you teach your children not to discriminate but some parents do the exact opposite.

It is not, I have to live with it, but I will not condone the sugarcoating of it either."

In my opinion, that is tolerance. You put up with it but don't agree with it.

Main Entry: tolerance
Pronunciation: 't-l&-r&n(t)s, 'tl-r&n(t)s
Function: noun
1 : capacity to endure pain or hardship : ENDURANCE, FORTITUDE, STAMINA
2 a : sympathy or indulgence for beliefs or practices differing from or conflicting with one's own b : the act of allowing something : TOLERATION

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   

You're missing my point completely. Its called a "tolerance" film. Not an "acceptance" film. They are not telling children that the lifestyle is acceptable, just that these children who come from homes with two mommy's or daddy's are not any less a person than them and do not deserve the abuse they often get. Its great that you teach your children not to discriminate but some parents do the exact opposite.

No I am not missing it at all. Ever heard of the book called "My two mommies?" This same thing happened and it was to teach the children in Iowa about 'tolerance' of gay parents. When the parents read it, it was not allowed or some parents would not allow their children to be taught the message of the book.

The message?

This lifestyle is normal and acceptable.............It is not.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
Zapata : I don't think we are discussing the world here so thats a false dichotomy. We are discussing America where the norm (majority) would be white, christian and straight. However, prejudice against homosexuality is wrong, but the prejudice against religion is even worse.

haha, I know! I'm just pointing out how superficial it is to condemn something simply because it isn't 'normal'.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
No one ever said that people condemn others because what they do isn't normal.

But this discussion has gotten off track (yet again) and seems to only float around is homosexuality wrong.

Some think it is, and some think it's ok. Fact remains, that no one can prove it one way or the other, so just let people think what they want.

There really is no purpose behind teaching tolerance in school. It doesn't work, it might conflict with the parent's wishes, and it's normally laughed at by the students.

Why mandate it?

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by General Zapata
haha, I know! I'm just pointing out how superficial it is to condemn something simply because it isn't 'normal'.

Normal or Moral? Which is it?

Homosexuality is not normal nor is it moral....

Green hair is not normal yet is not immoral...

If one wants to do it, there is no law stopping it in the bedroom. But why must the public accept it as normal and moral? Why?

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
We have sex education in schools teaching abstinence, condom use or whatever else the school deems necessary. Such education is probably also the job of the parent if they are so inclined. There is also physical education and health education. I don't like the tactics of the ACLU though, and I think it is a wise idea for the parents and administrators to view the video to deem first if it is appropriate and relevant.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Edsinger - moral according to whom? And on what basis does it apply universally?

And if you "love the sinner and hate the sin", wouldn't it make sense to preach tolerance and just say that "God will recognize His?"

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   

If one wants to do it, there is no law stopping it in the bedroom. But why must the public accept it as normal and moral? Why?

In tolerating it you musn't necessarily accept it as normal or moral.

In tolerating homosexuality you are respecting them as people, that is to say not mocking, not making fun of, not insulting homosexuals or their children.

I may not agree with your religion (which is a choice, and a way of life) and its dictates, but i will not mock you, nor make fun of you, not insult you or your children over it.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
Edsinger - moral according to whom? And on what basis does it apply universally?

And if you "love the sinner and hate the sin", wouldn't it make sense to preach tolerance and just say that "God will recognize His?"

So you would advocate that it is OK to say that homosexuality is right even though God has been specific about it? I can love the sinner without condoning the sin. You seem to not understand this. God in no way wants us to preach immorality as sinless.

Originally posted by parrhesiaIn tolerating homosexuality you are respecting them as people, that is to say not mocking, not making fun of, not insulting homosexuals or their children.

And where do I advocate this? I respect them but do not condone their acts. I do not make fun of them I pity them and want to the sin no more, I do not insult them by being truthful with them, their kids? Wait if they are ...nevermind.

2 warnings in 1 hour....I will have to leave for a while, at least one of them was warranted as the one who called me a moron got one also, the other was a double post.

[edit on 28-11-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

So you would advocate that it is OK to say that homosexuality is right even though God has been specific about it? I can love the sinner without condoning the sin. You seem to not understand this. God in no way wants us to preach immorality as sinless.

Then send your kids to a private religious school! The government isn't one big chapel telling people who is going to heaven and who is going to hell. Get over yourself man, there are other people in this country too.

Public schools are a joke anyway.

[edit on 28-11-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamuhnThen send your kids to a private religious school! The government isn't one big chapel telling people who is going to heaven and who is going to hell. Get over yourself man, there are other people in this country too.

They are! They learn about creation as a viable choice unlike the public schools that teach only humanism. A religion in its own right.
And I can ill afford it but the California schools suck really bad.

I do not want to kick them out, but what they choose to do in private should stay that way and not be forced on the public i general as moral an acceptable behavior. They should not be given minority status either.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Again we fall into the Bible, and even though Leviticus (among other books) says that "lying with a man as with a woman" is abominable, it also prescribes the ways in which you can sell your daughter into slavery, and directs you to smite your neighbors for various transgressions. The Bible is not a cookie-cutter argument book. If you accept that it calls homosexuality abominable, then you accept every anachronistic prescription it contains.

Besides... this whole thread is not about the idea of transforming school kids into homosexuals. It's about opening their minds to every kind of ideas, so they can expand their minds. Exposing them to religion? Sure, no problem. Exposing them to tolerance for homosexuals? Again, no problem. The more the better. Conceitedness is caused by the lack of knowledge, not the overexposure to ideas.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
Again we fall into the Bible, and even though Leviticus (among other books) says that "lying with a man as with a woman" is abominable, it also prescribes the ways in which you can sell your daughter into slavery, and directs you to smite your neighbors for various transgressions. The Bible is not a cookie-cutter argument book. If you accept that it calls homosexuality abominable, then you accept every anachronistic prescription it contains.

Besides... this whole thread is not about the idea of transforming school kids into homosexuals. It's about opening their minds to every kind of ideas, so they can expand their minds. Exposing them to religion? Sure, no problem. Exposing them to tolerance for homosexuals? Again, no problem. The more the better. Conceitedness is caused by the lack of knowledge, not the overexposure to ideas.

Why can't you just let the parent's decide, then it's a done deal. Is freedom of thought such a bad thing?

I don't think so, but I sure do think this has gotten away from the students. They are after all the ones in question.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join