It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

View homosexually tolerant film, or school faces lawsuit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garon

Originally posted by Amethyst
I also think that in a way gays act like little kids.

Let me give you an example: When one parents disciplines a child, oftentimes the child will run to the OTHER parent. "You know what Mommy/Daddy said to me? They said I was wrong!"

Smart parents will tell that child that they agree with the other parent.

But gays running to the ACLU reminds me of that. "Those mean nasty Christians said that homosexuality is a sin! WAAAHHHHH!"

Wow. I hope you are embarassed by that. I sure would be.

Actually, I'm not. Because that's the way I see it.

I am amazed at the animosity people have. This is America. The land of the Free. People come here on innertubes for god's sake. Look what they are coming to. A place where people are wholeheartedly against promoting acceptance of people who are different they they are.

Welcome to America. We hate you!

That is your message.

No, it's more like, homosexuality is perversion, and I do NOT have to like it, and I have every right to speak out against it. It's called FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS.

If this was 50 years ago and a school wanted to show a film about tolerance towards african americans, would your reaction be the same? Yes, it absolutely would.

Nope, because skin color is a PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTIC, not a BEHAVIOR. You're comparing apples and oranges. A black person can't change their DNA and make themselves white (though Jacko has sure tried--but not by changing DNA). A gay person CAN change their behavior and become straight.

It's a new generation, you're just afraid and disgusted by a whole new group of people.

I'm afraid of what this immorality is doing to society. Gays aren't doing it all--they're doing some with their stupid "gay rights" crap. Gays have basic human rights like everyone else--they're not entitled to special rights. They want to marry? They can find someone of the opposite sex!

Who's next? That's what I'd like to know. How long until you start locking muslims our arabic americans in camps?

I'm against locking anyone in a concentration camp due to religion or race. That's called discrimination/bigotry/whatever.

It seems to me this country is going from a land founded in Freedom to a land grounded in Hatred.

Exactly right. Accept the homosexual lifestyle, hate Christianity. What First Amendment rights? What freedom of religion? Let me reiterate: I DO NOT HATE GAYS. I just don't like HOMOSEXUALITY.

Not white, christian, and straight? Then you can geeeeetttt out.

I believe in religious freedom. I don't agree with the ACLU and their freedom FROM religion. Non-Christians have every right to live here. So do blacks. It might also interest you to know that I am part Cherokee--I'm not 100% white. So before you accuse me of bashing on minorities, let me remind you I'm really one myself!

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
... being told what or how to think about something.

... We prefer to keep our options "open" with respect to issues. Those who are in a hurry to foreclose on our judgments are doomed to failure.

... Likewise, kids who are the object of TOP-DOWN pontificating about how they ought to think--whether the topic is sex, drugs, health, finances, amusements or religion--become so resistant to TOP-DOWN dogma, they turn to Libertarianism or--worse--outright Rebellion.

... It's just not a good idea for the State to go preaching about anything, "tolerance" included; because that means the State is INTOLERANT of INTOLERANCE to Bad Effects, Disturbing Effects, Unfair Effects, Injust Effects and Suffering of the people who have to pay the bills for all this presumed "Tolerance."

...One person's tolerance is another person's curse.

...As I have said many times, generalizations in public policy are harmful because human lives--each and all--are unique. Merely reckoning where an average >IS< doesn't satisfy anybody except the most mediocre.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
All those who think that this video thing is uncalled for check this out!www.intellectualconservative.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This whole topic has gotten out of hand, and it shows even here on ATS.

1) The homosexual movement has purposely aligned itself with the black and woman's struggle (which it really isn't like). It is being played like that by the homosexual advocates, which permeates the public that buy into that.

2) The Christian response has been lackluster at best. Having open conversations about what we think, and how we view life, actions, etc, have not really been taking place. Coupled with some bad spokesmen, and you get a nice foothold for the "opposition" to claim bigotry, which is not the case more often than not.

This back and forth propaganda war is ridiculous. Christians do not want to take away women's rights and revert back to June Cleaver, no matter what the liberal machine says.

Homosexuals are not out to recruit your sons and daughters into homosexuality, regardless of what the conservative machine says. NAMBLA will most likely be hated for generations to come, so this is not as slippery a slope as it's made out to be.

This topic is really about whether or not the ACLU can pressure a school into violating a parents right to choose what is taught in school.

So I think we should really nix the slander on both sides.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

No, it's more like, homosexuality is perversion, and I do NOT have to like it, and I have every right to speak out against it. It's called FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS.

Yes yes, and the constituion also protects the rights of gays et al, to life liberty and the persuit of happiness and such. Intolerance is a violation of those rights in alot of cases. You do not have to accept these Americans, but teaching children about tolerance is a far cry from indoctrinating them into homosexuality.

Nope, because skin color is a PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTIC, not a BEHAVIOR. .

This is a classic ar cry for the anti-gay crowd IMHO, however, scientific evidence points towards a genetic of physicall difference. Its not like they can turn a switch on and off "okay today I date women". No more than you could go gay in the unlikely even you chose that path.

I'm against locking anyone in a concentration camp due to religion or race. That's called discrimination/bigotry/whatever.

Wow im sure the homosexual community sleeps well at night knowing that you draw the line at concentration camps. The previous poster made an excellent point. By your own statement you would no segregate based on physical charetistics. But religion is a behavioral function not a genetic one. Where does this fit in your world view?

I DO NOT HATE GAYS. I just don't like HOMOSEXUALITY.

Im curious how do you manage to separate those two?

[edit on 11/28/04 by FredT]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Both UNESCO and the behind-the-scenes Masonic Leadership of our major industries WANT the dissolution of the family so children "belong" to the state.

All the reasons for this are explained in "The Dulce Book," and they make perfect sense.

Families comprise loyalty networks that are inimical to the power and control of the State. Just as in the USSR all children were educated by the State--NOW--with former Communists inhabiting leadership positions in the ReTHUGlican Party--the thinking is that ALL children must be educated by public schools according to the even-handed, levelling, indiscriminate teachings of the politically-correct STATE.

This means, Boy and Girl Scouting will be destroyed.

The military's morale will be destroyed because soldiers will have to put up with all this gender training and it will compromise their loyalty and courage.

The institution of Marriage and Family will be further eroded by the fact that any haphazard aggregation of people will be able to call themselves a family, without regard to heredity [which is Holy], health [which is Holy], or Inheritance [which is Sacred].

They're taking us DOWN--Guys--entoto. They want us under their thumbs.

And we don't even know WHO THE "THEY" IS--do we?

Nope. It's all underground.

link   

Originally posted by IAF101
All those who think that this video thing is uncalled for check this out!www.intellectualconservative.com...

That's a pretty good article. It points out that even non-Christians see what kinds of ill effects occur with this "tolerance" nonsense.

Of course, people worship their trinity of Me, Myself, and I, so it'll go over these people's head unfortunately.

link   

:shk: wow a anti gay hit peace from a conservative web site. Maybe I can a less biased opinion from moralmajority.com. Spare me

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
"No, it's more like, homosexuality is perversion, and I do NOT have to like it, and I have every right to speak out against it. It's called FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS. "

You're right. You do have the right to speak against it. That doesn't make you correct, just means you like to hear yourself talk. Even if you are spewing nothing but hate speak from your gullet.

Nope, because skin color is a PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTIC, not a BEHAVIOR. You're comparing apples and oranges. A black person can't change their DNA and make themselves white (though Jacko has sure tried--but not by changing DNA). A gay person CAN change their behavior and become straight.

Actually, and this is were you and everyone else with this arguement proves your ignorance, they can't. I'll space this out so you can fully grasp what I say here....ready? ok. BEING...GAY...IS...NOT...A...CHOICE. You don't chose to be straight, you don't chose to be gay. I'm telling you this with first hand knowledge.

I'm afraid of what this immorality is doing to society. Gays aren't doing it all--they're doing some with their stupid "gay rights" crap. Gays have basic human rights like everyone else--they're not entitled to special rights. They want to marry? They can find someone of the opposite sex!

Immorality? Frankly, I'm afraid of what YOU'RE doing to society. You and the rest of your ilk seem content spreading viscious dispicible hatred to everyone you can under the guise of religion.

We don't want "special rights" We just want the same rights. The ability to visit our loved one in a hospital if they're ill is a good example.

mmhmm. Please pick up your dictionary and look up Hypocricy while you're at it. Or are you going to pick and choose what falls under bigotry or discrimination like you pick and choose what parts of your "bible" to follow?

Exactly right. Accept the homosexual lifestyle, hate Christianity. What First Amendment rights? What freedom of religion? Let me reiterate: I DO NOT HATE GAYS. I just don't like HOMOSEXUALITY.

What happens if you're child turns out gay? I bet you kick him/her out with yesterdays newspaper. This is why you should have been forced to watch this film. TOLERANCE. Look it up.

I believe in religious freedom. I don't agree with the ACLU and their freedom FROM religion.

I'd bet you agree with religious freedom just as long as it fits neatly into your cookie cutter definition. Let a muslim pull out his prayer rug in front of you. I bet you would leave the room in disgust.

Non-Christians have every right to live here. So do blacks. Non-Christians have every right to live here. So do blacks.

But gays don't cuz they're icky.

It might also interest you to know that I am part Cherokee--I'm not 100% white. So before you accuse me of bashing on minorities, let me remind you I'm really one myself!!

No, it doesn't. You aren't bashing a minority, you just seem to hate a specific group, contrary to what you say.

[edit on 11-28-2004 by Garon]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
FredT, that study about gay being genetic was done by a homosexual. Bias, you think?

I'm not for putting ANYONE in a concentration camp. How's that?

And there's this thing called "hate the SIN and not the sinner." The Bible teaches that we are to love our neighbor. And how is it love when you would willingly LET someone go to hell?

We are to warn homosexuals--actually all people--that the only way to heaven is through Jesus Christ. And none of this Inquisition nonsense either. We can warn them, but whether they actually respond is up to the individual. We can't force it on people--like the ACLU is trying to indoctrinate our children.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Garon--You can visit a friend in the hospital already. There's nothing saying you can't. That's just a red herring. That's just to produce a knee-jerk reponse. Not working here.

And you can will things to friends.

But gay couples should NOT be able to pick up health insurance, etc., for their partner. Neither should straight UNMARRIED couples for that matter.

When you correct a child for inappropriate behavior, do you hate them? NO! You correct them because you LOVE them.

And if my son decides he's gay one day I'll still love him. And yes it is a lifestyle CHOICE. You are NOT stuck being gay. The thing is, you have to want to change. I can't make you change, no person on earth can make you change--you have to want to change.

We are all born sinners, in fact. It's part and parcel of being human. Being a sinner is like a disease, and all the sins we commit are SYMPTOMS of that nature/disease. They just manifest themselves in different ways.

And no, I don't hate you.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

But gay couples should NOT be able to pick up health insurance, etc., for their partner. Neither should straight UNMARRIED couples for that matter.

Why not, Amethyst?

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempewrong sick and depraved. Let them show the film while the students stay home that day.My child will NOT be available that day. Sorry.

We agree on something? I think?

I must have misread this, must go back.....go back.....I think I read it correctly. We agree? Oh MY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wow.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Garon--You can visit a friend in the hospital already. There's nothing saying you can't. That's just a red herring. That's just to produce a knee-jerk reponse. Not working here.

When you correct a child for inappropriate behavior, do you hate them? NO! You correct them because you LOVE them.

And if my son decides he's gay one day I'll still love him. And yes it is a lifestyle CHOICE. You are NOT stuck being gay. The thing is, you have to want to change. I can't make you change, no person on earth can make you change--you have to want to change.

We are all born sinners, in fact. It's part and parcel of being human. Being a sinner is like a disease, and all the sins we commit are SYMPTOMS of that nature/disease. They just manifest themselves in different ways.

Actually, since I don't subscribe to your way of thinking, everything you said is a meaningless.

Are you trying to brainwash me?

Are you trying to convert me to your lifestyle?

I think, by speaking to me about the differences between us that...by god...you'll turn me christian!

NOOOOOOOOO!

I can't be changed. It just isn't possible dear. Sorry. You can put away your crucifix and holy water cuz it ain't workin. But please continue to live in a world where your religion can fix all things you think are wrong.

Meantime, I'll remain in the real world where I am happy and in love like I have been for the past 4 years. Which, is more than most straight marriages will ever last.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garon

Actually, since I don't subscribe to your way of thinking, everything you said is a meaningless.

Are you trying to brainwash me?

Are you trying to convert me to your lifestyle?

I'm offering information. If you want to take it, fine. If not, your choice. I'd be more than happy to PM you some tracts if you like. If you don't want to, I'm not making you.

I think, by speaking to me about the differences between us that...by god...you'll turn me christian!

NOOOOOOOOO!

I can't be changed. It just isn't possible dear. Sorry. You can put away your crucifix and holy water cuz it ain't workin. But please continue to live in a world where your religion can fix all things you think are wrong.

And they say Christians are uninformed. I'm not Catholic, therefore I don't believe in the crucifix and holy water. That's paganistic nonsense. I'm an independent Baptist.

Meantime, I'll remain in the real world where I am happy and in love like I have been for the past 4 years. Which, is more than most straight marriages will ever last.

Just because some straights can't get it right doesn't mean gays have to pervert it further.

The real definition of marriage is one man, one woman, until DEATH do you part, not divorce.

I've been married to the same man for 11 years, and we have a son who's almost 3. My mother stuck it out with my dad for 27 years--she's a widow, not divorced.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

:shk: wow a anti gay hit peace from a conservative web site. Maybe I can a less biased opinion from moralmajority.com. Spare me

That article doesn't promote hatered towards homosexuality, it just informs readers about the affects of homosexuality on young impressionable children.
Your reaction shows that you have no tolerance for others unbaised views. Many educationists have said that exposing children at an impressionable age to homosexuality confuses them and leads them on a path of self destruction.

Here's a school thats totaly dedicated to homosexual and bisexual kids - this is despicable
manipulating sexually confused teenagers into believing that they are gay and segregating them!
www.cwfa.org...
www.cwfa.org...
I don't want to go off topic but here are a few articles on homosexuality in kids:
www.narth.com...
www.netrover.com...
www.traditionalvalues.org...
www.bible-infonet.org...

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You aren't offering information. You're offering opinion and speculation. By no means can you say you are offering Truth.

As for the whole crucifix thing...I was being sarcastic.

And way to go being accepting of other religions by calling a crucifix and holy water "Paganistic nonscence."

Again, dictionary...hypocrisy. Wait...just let me do it for you...

From Dictionary.com:

hypocrisy

n 1: an expression of agreement that is not supported by real conviction [syn: lip service] 2: insincerity by virtue of pretending to have qualities or beliefs that you do not really have

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter869
SERIOUSLY ONLY PLEASE. I would like to know why you wouldnt want your child to see a film about being tolerant.

Because it presents homosexuality as a normal thing and it is not. I choose to not let the state teach my children that it is normal. Notice in the verses below that it is not accepted by God as a good thing and in the second verse you will notice that Christ does not want us to tolerate that which is not acceptable.

Main Entry: tol�er�ate
Pronunciation: 't�-l&-"rAt
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): -at�ed; -at�ing
Etymology: Latin toleratus, pp. of tolerare to endure, put up with; akin to Old English tholian to bear, Latin tollere to lift up, latus carried (suppletive past participle of ferre), Greek tlEnai to bear
1 : to exhibit physiological tolerance for (as a drug)
2 a : to suffer to be or to be done without prohibition, hindrance, or contradiction b : to put up with Christians are not to condone this

1 Cor 6:9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
1 Cor 6:10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
1 Cor 6:11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Rev 2:2 I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked men, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Your reaction shows that you have no tolerance for others unbaised views.

No, It just shows no tolerance for someone presenting blatantly biased views and trying to pass them off as unbiased. This is called deception, or pulling the wool over someones eyes, or hmm, lying.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
That first article you linked....

It seem to be associating HIV/AIDS with homosexuality; as if it doesn't happen to heterosexuals. That's hardly the case, and is relied upon in making the school look b ad.

Though, I can't say I agree with having a separate school, especially if it's paid for with public funds.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join