It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

View homosexually tolerant film, or school faces lawsuit

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If somebodys pushing for it to be viewed there must be a good reason for it. We still have a long way to go before two men who are gay can go anywhere they please without fear of being ridiculed or beaten up. Thats what its all about, nobodys trying to make anybody's children gay. If they're going to be gay they will do that on thier own. Not seeing the film I could not recommend it or condemn it.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsingerThis has happened and you can google search it as well as I. There are many cases but the left claims they have been brainwashed, gay people are born that way and cant lead normal lives. This is crap and has been proven so many times.

The left doesn't "claim" that they are brainwashed-that is simply the truth.
They are made so unhappy by individuals like yourself, that they decide they would preder they lie of normalicy than the Truth of God. So, they go to someone who is willing to brain wash them and "boom" they are.

Originally posted by edsingerNo "no sex' at all,

Really curious, who are you quoting? And what are you talking about?

Originally posted by edsinger they marrry have children, raise them, become members of the Church and live fruitful lives. It is amazing what the Holy Spirit can do to a person when they just accept him!

While it is amazing what the Holy Spirit can do, he can't turn you straight.
Only Satan or free will can make you turn away from God as they have done.
Christ is lord.

[edit on 5-12-2004 by I_AM_that_I_AM]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
"Anything" taken to excess is unhealthy. I think what the poster above was saying to Ed, is that he takes it too far. For one think, just because that is what he honestly believes doesn't make it so. I honestly believe what I believe in too. Then there is that little problem of using ones religion to hate others and be "small-minded" which is what one is being when they hate others because they are different. Ed seems to really get into this gay bashing/hating thing, so of course it makes him look, or appear on a BB as small minded, bigoted....that's not what the actual religion he believes in teaches.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
LadyV would be right, as usual.

I'm a Christian and It really bugs me to see other's who claim that they are as well and then turn around and use it to back up their homophobia.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Look for the last time I don't hate gays nor bash them. They say that what they do is fine and not sinful, I do not think so.

They want minority rights, for a behavior.

See the contradiction there? Don't say I hate them because LadyV is right, we are to love thine enemy but not deny thy sin.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   

But your defect has been diagnosed as a medical condition.. you diagnose homosexuality a defect because you [and no doubt your religion] personally consider it immoral. To my knowledge the medical community has not reached the same conclusion and I'm pretty certain the bible is not a medical journal.

Actually riley homosexuality was recognised as a mental disorder for many years by the AMA. However the AMA was forced to change homosexuality from a mental condition to a sexual preference by gay rights activist who did not want to admit tht they need help.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331

But your defect has been diagnosed as a medical condition.. you diagnose homosexuality a defect because you [and no doubt your religion] personally consider it immoral. To my knowledge the medical community has not reached the same conclusion and I'm pretty certain the bible is not a medical journal.

Actually riley homosexuality was recognised as a mental disorder for many years by the AMA. However the AMA was forced to change homosexuality from a mental condition to a sexual preference by gay rights activist who did not want to admit tht they need help.

Served!

It has been considered that for a long time. And guess what? People can be CURED from it.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I am far from gay. But what makes you think people who are 'want' to be 'cured' from it. Don't ask, don't tell. Just don't shove it in my face is all I ask.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by just_a_pilot
I am far from gay. But what makes you think people who are 'want' to be 'cured' from it. Don't ask, don't tell. Just don't shove it in my face is all I ask.

You raise a valid point but it is no longer don't ask don't tell, they are being very vocal about it and demanding it be accepted.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
You raise a valid point but it is no longer don't ask don't tell, they are being very vocal about it and demanding it be accepted.

What they're demanding edsinger - and rightfully so - is that they not be attacked because of their preference. Very simple.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331

Ah, that old myth, no, they weren't "forced" to do anything. They listened to and studied homosexuality and decided that the empirical evidence meant that it wasn't a disease, contrary to what people like you would have us believe.

Served!

It has been considered that for a long time. And guess what? People can be CURED from it.

They can "cure" you of being straight too. Doesn't make it an insanity.
And feeling aren't a behavior.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Durden

What they're demanding edsinger - and rightfully so - is that they not be attacked because of their preference. Very simple.

No they want special punishments and laws to pertain to them specifically, we already have the laws on the books about assault, just because it is against one or the other should make the punishment different.

[edit on 7-12-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'm sick of hearing that hate crime laws are only for gays. Guess what Ed...they aren't. Hate crimes are for blacks, women, gays, christians and any other person. If I went to a church and started beating up christians for being christian, I would be punished under the hate crimes....period. It is not just for minorities or gays.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacMerdin
I'm sick of hearing that hate crime laws are only for gays. Guess what Ed...they aren't. Hate crimes are for blacks, women, gays, christians and any other person. If I went to a church and started beating up christians for being christian, I would be punished under the hate crimes....period. It is not just for minorities or gays.

Um... Aren't most crimes already hate crimes? Violent crimes are all fuled by hate... see what I'm trying to get at here?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I agree sailor. I personally don't ascribe to the hate crime crap myself, but was just pointing out that hate crime laws are not solely for gays.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   

No they want special punishments and laws to pertain to them specifically, we already have the laws on the books about assault, just because it is against one or the other should make the punishment different.

That video has nothing to do with what punishment should be used for perpetrators of so called 'hate crimes'.
What it does have to do with is what I stated in my previous post.

[edit on 8-12-2004 by Durden]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
My take is that all assualt is schools should be and is illegal. Sex has no place in schools and neither does a group with that as its founding principle gay or straight. I would be just as opposed if it were a group for heterosexual support as homosexual support. These kinds of groups should not be illegal but to expect a school to sanction either is the epitimy of ludicrous. School is about acedemics. Because a local school board refuses to allow itself to become the supporter of groups based on sexual deviation either way is no reason to claim they are inhibiting anyone's rights. These groups are as free as any of us to congregate at our homes or at community centers.

I realize school attempt to play a social role in the community but thats flawed. What will eventually happen from this is the closure of public schools to all extra-curricular groups even those acedemic based.

The fact that instructors are already trained in detering peer to peer violence and that assault on school property is illegal and strictly delt with by the zero tolerance program leads me to believe this group of people, like most activist, merely sought to gain attention in the limelight by asserting something they knew would be rejected (and rightfully so) and demanding solutions to problems that don't even exist because rules and deterants are already in place.

No gay students were being assaulted in this school and of they were the assailants were already breaking the existing law(s). Oh, maybe people weren't wholeheartedly agreeing with their decision to make their idea of who they wanna fornicate with the center of who they are ...and I can't blame them..but no program on earth can force the acceptance of an agenda. Thats what this is about.

If I ran into a gay bar and announced I was straight, how would you think I'd be treated?

You can't make everybody love a lavish affection on ya so stop trying. Be thankful of the laws in place to protect you and get on with life. No one cares about your sexual preference. We don't make it the deciding factor in how we perceive our "self" and neither should you. Could you have not started a club based on acedemics or civics if you planned on meeting at a school?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep

If I ran into a gay bar and announced I was straight, how would you think I'd be treated?

I agree astro....but about this. The bar I go to has many straight people going to it. I don't see any violence/hostility toward these people, but if it was reverse and I went into a straight bar and everyone knew I was gay then I can't say the same thing. Oh wait, it has already happened to me on Christmas Eve.....I was gay bashed in my home town. See my point?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Gotta go with Mac on this one AC. I've been to a gay bar and not only had a good time, was treated no different than anyone else. Straight people could learn from the gay community when it comes to hospitallity.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Yes unfortunately for all the 'evil agenda' enthusiasts people who've actually experienced mixing within the gay community generally find them to be good hearted, generous spirited people. So they have to go focusing on the flaming militant with a chip on the shoulder and paint him as the rule rather than the exception.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join