It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

View homosexually tolerant film, or school faces lawsuit

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
What you fail to realise is thatif yuo are correct about people being born gay then homosexuality is a mutation. It is to be honest a birth defect, similar to a congenital heart defect if you are in fact born gay.

I think most people are at least a little bit bi.. and homosexuality is on the other end of the spectrum. Not a deformity though.. I believe the reason is so people can recognise sexual rivals and ward them off from their partners.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I am that I am -
What you fail to realise is thatif yuo are correct about people being born gay then homosexuality is a mutation. It is to be honest a birth defect, similar to a congenital heart defect if you are in fact born gay. If people are not born gay then they volutarily chose an unnatural and immoral lifestyle. Either way why should a school being showng a film promotng tolerance of homosexuals as opposed to blacks, women, the poor, the rich etc?

Isn't that the case for redheads, some fat people, hell for just about anything that makes one person different to another, they're all mutations in one sense. I'm happy to be a mutant, just call me Captain Gorgeous!

[edit on 2-12-2004 by ubermunche]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ubermunche

Well yes I can see your point, some people can be over sensitive but again it's not the words it's the intent, man I could take you to some gay pubs where the gay jokes are flowing fast and furious but again if a group of straight people were cracking funnies in a deliberate attempt to get a rise from a gay guy or girl then it's just crappy behaviour. Try going into a straight pub and repeating these-

What's the difference between a straight man and a bisexual? About six pints of beer.

What's the definition of straight foreplay? Honey I'm home?

How can you tell a straight mans been in your house? The soaps dry and the dogs pregnant.

Pound to a penny someone in there's going to be offended, especially if they think your gay, so it works both ways. There's a fine line between amusing and offensive sometimes. Something to consider when people are bigging up the idea of a right to free speech, what responsibilities should go with it.

Oh I understand completely. The problem occurs when it is percieved as a slight because you are not a member of that minority group. I worked with a couple of directors at a Fortune 50 company who grew up together in New York. When they were in meetings they were completely different people than just amongst our small group. One was an African American and the other a white guy who just fit the New York city tough kid role. They would constantly call eachother the famous N word. I never did with them but it was kind of almost impressive how they could just switch to the Executive suit role. Well the black gentleman and another black gentleman and I were in a confrence room waiting for the meeting and they are comming out of their out dont know what to call it but I guess street role. In walks the guys friend and out pops "Hey n whats up!" I thought the other guy was going to kill him or explode if he didn't get to him quick enough. His friend jumps up and tells him he it ok we grew up together. Not only did he continue to yell, but he yelled at the other black gentleman for letting someone like that call him that name. They went back and forth forever. I just sat back and watched this trying to figure out why it was not ok for him to use the word yet it is "reserved" for them now. Years of working to get rid of it out of the mainstream and now they want to call each other that. Its endless. But that to me is the most crazy thing I have ever heard.

No more stewardesses ---- Flight Attendents.
Garbagemen === Refuse Collector.
Programmer ---- Software Engineer

Crack dealer how about Rock Cocaine Consultant.
Crack addict Hard Cocaine Connisuer. If they quit and get help its not rehab but recovery.

Oh and for the ghost chasers out there, from now on when you address them they wish to be called apparition americans. Wouldn't want to hurt Spooky dudes feeling. Personaly I don't belive in them, but I don't want to see one either. eeeeeee

And we can all pledge allegience to the banner
of the need to get real states of america
and to the umm individuals for which I suppose it
may still be standing.
50 people under noooo over the majority. no g word
plainly divisable
for your right to remove a word from the Declaration of Independence.

All because you can't stand it and you don't care what the rest of the country thinks regardless how much more of a majority it is.
Thank you you selfish self centered donkey ( insert the other name A ).
I am not much of a religous person, but just to spite you I hope your child grows up and becomes a nun or priest. Of a church of course.

Go ahead and add to the list as you see fit. It is going to keep growing and growing until the majority of the country finally and hopefully realizes that THEIR indvidual rights are now being used to protect the minority from being in some way insulted or have hurt feeling.

I wonder how far the Constitution will be torn down by the minority of people who believe they need to twist it and rip parts out to fit their needs before people end up saying oopsssss we were supposed to build on this frame work given to us by the people who had enough of the King and wanted freedom for this new country not the right for a few people to be in Utopia while the rest watched and changed our views so the few would be happy as it is ripped up and oh please caught it and fixed it. Well guess the majority will have to do the work of rebuilding because we would not want to upset the minorty.

I would be scared if a major war like WWII were to happen right now. With the way its going we are going to have a few people just let us get attacked because someone out their does not like our policies and we deserve it. I have actually seen that posted. We deserved it. Hm go tell that to the wives and loved ones of the fine officers I considered friends that died in the Pentagon.

So damn gutless you have to sit and complain like a bunch of little kids untill you get your wish while the majority .............. sheesh

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

astrocreep

nygdan
Ok, apparently I misunderstood you. Teachers should not stop students from being intolerant to one another, then by this you mean that if one student gets up and starts waxing eloquent about the superiorities, both bioligical and cultural, that are innate to his race and people, and that others should be either exterminated, enslaved, or at the very least leave all nations founded by this students race, then the teacher should do what exactly? Wait until the fists start flying? Stop half the class from murdering the other half? Or should they insist that the student rephrase what they are saying to emphasize that good qualities of his own group, while not denigrating, irrationally, the qualities of other groups?

Oops , sorry. Meant to hit reply and not edit your post.

No problem, I'll just leave it as is.

[edit on 2-12-2004 by astrocreep]

[edit on 2-12-2004 by Nygdan]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
That's just silly. Mainly because anyone who would propose this would know that you can not just eliminate it with no changes otherwise.

Please propose how, without public schools, the public can be educated?

Anything done right, is done on as small a scale as possible.

So saving just a few lives is better than saving many? And how exactly is getting rid of public schools doing anything on a smaller scale? If its the efficiency of central command you want, then put the federal government in charge of the schools, not the local community districts or the states.

So when thinking of the great swaths of people teaming for more government handouts, you should think to set them free.

Actually I am thinking about the millions of people who can either go to public school to get an education or get none at all. Any 'non public' system is going to mean that the individual has to fend for themselves, like they did before there were public schools. If a kid wants to read, he either teaches himself, has his parents teach him, or has his parents pay for him to go to private school. All well and good for people with the time and money and skill, but lets face it, the majority of people out there have no time no money and no skills. How is a single parent with multiple kids going to be able to teach them, effectively, heck they'd have to teach them -better- than a public school can teach them in order tomake it worth doing, while at the same time working? And just what exactly do you think these millions of former students are going to do all day when their parents are at work? Study? Contemplate the virtues of individualism? Society will become a disaster. If things are bad now with everyone required to go to school and the majority of them getting a decent education and even large numbers of them going to college and upper level education, what in the world is going to happen when they have -no- education? The schools have failed to teach thousands of students how to read. THey have also taught millions how to read. Literacy will drop to nearly nothing if public schools are eliminated, however its worked out.

just a pilot
so soon as a student is traumatized by the video

Explain how a video that discourages violence against others and tries to promote understanding is going to traumatize anyone?

My best man at my wedding is gay and a cmdr in the Navy

Ask him if he thinks intolerance torwards gays is alright and if gay students should be allowed to be discriminated against?

lost sailor
Why as huge minority of the populous should the rest of America really care about your freedom to do whatever you do wherever you want?

What? Thats one of the fundamentals of the United States. Do whatever you want, leave me the eff alone right?

just a pilot
Now the folks who find gay lifestyles unaccaptable or anyone for that matter have to be careful what they say

Actually its the other way around. The gays and others have ot watch what they say or else they are the ones ostracized and attacked. No one can prevent you from saying something 'offensive', except, understandably, in schools and the workplace.

, maybe the police come and you are accused of gay bashing.

Get real. You aren't going to get arrested for being insulting. If you provoke a figh, then you have done something wrong.

and now all of a sudden its offensive

So if, hypothetically, the muslims all moved to germany, and nearly exterminated germany with strange diseases nad pushed the germans onto reservations and the government sold them drugs and wouldn't treat them when they wanted to get off them and more or less destroyed their entire society, culture, and nation, you don't think the few germans living in teh hills have a right to be ticked when a muslim cricket team called 'The Crazy Germans' was around, with some headed foam leiderhosen beer drinking mascot running around? And instead of the crowds doing 'the tomahawk chop' they either stamped around and made 'signs of the cross' or pretended to shoot machine guns like wild crazy germans? You don't think that that'd be insulting to human dignity?

I really didn't think that when writing the Declaration of Independence they

They stated in that illustrious document that everyone, -everyone- has inalienable rights, not just straights or whites or any sub group. They stated that all human beings have the right to expect to be treated as humanbeings, not 'gays' or 'untouchables' or anything else.

It has to be a flexible document because it was never intended to make everyone 100% happy in some Utopia.

It was also not intended to allow people to break the law. The law says that if you discriminate against other people you are commiting a crime. If you don't hire a person merel ybecause they are black, you have commited a crime. This school wouldn't allow a student group there merely beause they were gay. You don't get to decide whats permissible or not, not outside your own self.

lost sailor
Yes... I chose to be straight

So when you see a woman you aren't really naturally attracted to her, you have to choose to be interested in her, and if you wanted to, you could choose to be aroused and attracted to men?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   

What you fail to realise is thatif yuo are correct about people being born gay then homosexuality is a mutation. It is to be honest a birth defect, similar to a congenital heart defect if you are in fact born gay.

No, a mutation is not a birth defect. In fact , though this may surprise you, every single human being is a mutant. All humans beings have at least one mutation in them. So even Adam was mutant.

And even if people are "born gay" that doesn't make homosexuality a mutation. Please look up what your talking about before you put your foot in your mouth again.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_AM_that_I_AM

And even if people are "born gay" that doesn't make homosexuality a mutation. Please look up what your talking about before you put your foot in your mouth again.

your right... how is one supposed to argue with people who spent their entire lives convinced they were gay, and hence researching what made/caused them to be that way.

I dunno, geez I'm starting to feel gay now.

Maybe just Bi.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
And who better to ask if you want to determine whether it's a life style choice or a predisposition than....

a gay person.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ubermunche
And who better to ask if you want to determine whether it's a life style choice or a predisposition than....

a gay person.

What if that person could change? It HAS happened and CAN happen. It is what is in ones heart that will bring the change, not genes.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
What if that person could change? It HAS happened and CAN happen. It is what is in ones heart that will bring the change, not genes.

Then what about straights turning gay?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I am that I am -
Look fella I don't care whether you like my ideas or not but the fact is, if as you propose people are born gay then it is a birth defect because thier sexual orientation precludes them from passing on thier genetic line to the next generation.
Like it or not nature doesn't give a #y about you me or any other individual, just species and genes.
Homosexuals don't reproduce naturally thier sexual orientation prevents it. Therefore if people are born gay than it is a survival (on the genetic level) reducing birth defect

However I don't buy the born gay crap, persoanlly I think its a psychological disese similar to depression ADD etc.

Understand one thing about US laws.
I don't have to approve of you
I dont have to tolerate you.
I can not attack or discrimate against you, but I can recognise the fact that you as a homosexual are either (take your pick)
1) Someone born with a birth defect
2) someone with a mental dsease
3) an Immoral, unnatural, sexual deviant.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Understand one thing about US laws.
I don't have to approve of you
I dont have to tolerate you.
I can not attack or discrimate against you, but I can recognise the fact that you as a homosexual are either (take your pick)
1) Someone born with a birth defect
2) someone with a mental dsease
3) an Immoral, unnatural, sexual deviant.

You recognise no such thing, you make unfounded assumptions to support you're own feelings on the matter.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Not an assumption ubermunsche, just the way it is. Dont feel bad I have scoliosis so I have a birth defect too, I just don't go around telling people my spine is supposed to be this way, I recognise it as a flaw and get it fixed.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Not an assumption ubermunsche, just the way it is.

Just the way it is doesn't really cut it as an argument, sorry.

Dont feel bad I have scoliosis so I have a birth defect too, I just don't go around telling people my spine is supposed to be this way, I recognise it as a flaw and get it fixed.

Why should I feel bad, a certain amount of empathy for your condition (you know empathy, that thing some people can manage) but bad, Good God no!

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I have scoliosis so I have a birth defect too, I just don't go around telling people my spine is supposed to be this way, I recognise it as a flaw and get it fixed.

But your defect has been diagnosed as a medical condition.. you diagnose homosexuality a defect because you [and no doubt your religion] personally consider it immoral. To my knowledge the medical community has not reached the same conclusion and I'm pretty certain the bible is not a medical journal.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Change how? Are you telling me that after these gay people pray a bit they magically turn straight, find a nice Christian spouse and raise some kids? I find that very hard to believe...I'm not going to say that it's never happened, but I would be very interested to learn more about these people.

Or do you mean they stop participating in homosexual acts and stay celebit for Jesus?

I still don't see what the big fascination is whether or not someone is gay or straight...or why it should be anyone's concern. It's a shame that tolerence video's are even needed, but unfortunately it's the truth. Something needs to happen in this country to educate young America about tolerence. If the problem were merely people not accepting homosexuals then there wouldn't be a need for these tapes...but there are violent crimes being committed in this country...hate crimes! If you can go about your life not tolerating homosexuals without resorting to violence...then there is no need to take offense to these tapes...they aren't directed towards you. It's time to get over the homophobia and move on with your lives...

Bottom line: these videos are nothing to be upset over...if they upset you so much you may want to take a look inside yourself and see why it bothers you...sounds like a personal problem.

[edit on 12/3/2004 by Lecky]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky

Change how? Are you telling me that after these gay people pray a bit they magically turn straight, find a nice Christian spouse and raise some kids? I find that very hard to believe...I'm not going to say that it's never happened, but I would be very interested to learn more about these people.

This has happened and you can google search it as well as I. There are many cases but the left claims they have been brainwashed, gay people are born that way and cant lead normal lives. This is crap and has been proven so many times.

No "no sex' at all, they marrry have children, raise them, become members of the Church and live fruitful lives. It is amazing what the Holy Spirit can do to a person when they just accept him!

[edit on 3-12-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Ed, you are the perfect example of why religion should be banned. Small mindedness, its almost amusing. You base all your feelings on fairy tales, I find that very scary.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
What makes it a fairy tale? That I believe in a Creator , that loved his creation, came to die for them, so that they all could live?

You hate the Bible, that is fine, hate it, I am sad to hear it but it is your choice. God grants you that choice, only problem is you have to live with the results of your choice.....permantly.

[edit on 3-12-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
Ed, you are the perfect example of why religion should be banned. Small mindedness, its almost amusing. You base all your feelings on fairy tales, I find that very scary.

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!! Hold on!!!!!!!!! Pause!!!!!!!! Stop!!!!!!!! We have a break here... I've been watching this thread for a while.... Fairy tales? C'mon now.... I'm a Luthern so therefor i don't take the bible "literally"... but as a guide I guess you could call it. Religion be banned? What the fu**? Whose to say you aren't the "small minded" one?

P.S. Its Friday night.... Don't hold my drunken thoughts againdt me.....

[edit on 4-12-2004 by LostSailor]

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join