It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Military Families Poisoned by Toxic Drinking Water at Camp Lejeune Receive Justice?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) has taken the side of electronics manufacturer CTS Corporation in a court case yesterday that could strip legal rights from military families poisoned by toxic drinking water at Camp Lejeune in Jacksonville, NC, and others harmed by industrial pollution across the country.
The case, CTS Corporation v. Waldburger, will decide if federal environmental law preempts North Carolina’s statute of repose, which imposes a 10-year limit to file a lawsuit. A ruling in favor of CTS Corporation would void injury claims of Asheville, NC, residents who, for decades, were exposed to trichloroethlylene—a known carcinogen—on land contaminated by the company.

This just makes my blood boil! Very few families have received compensation. My nephew , now 16 suffers from what been called Camp Lejeune i disease. You can compare it to Autism. He has the mind of a 8 year old and will never have a real life and will always need care.
Some of prescriptions he is on insurance will not cover and are very expensive.

Famed activist Erin Brockovich is taking on a new case, this time defending “military families poisoned by toxic drinking water at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina,” Fox News writes.

Brockovich called the case “inexcusable” and “extremely disturbing” on Fox and Friends this week.

I pray to God she can pull this off for the sack of my family and other families affected by this.

foxnewsinsider.com...

rare.us...

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
No ,Agent Orange,Gulf War syndrome...I could go on.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
If it was legal practice at the time, there is no way to sue the company. This goes for all the chemistry added today also. If a chemical used on our food is found later to be bad for us, which has happened many times in the past, there is no legal way to go after the companies using it. We can't sue the FDA for allowing it either, because they do not test for any long term consumption problems associated with these chemicals. If the chemical is deemed to be a problem, the FDA or EPA allows it to be taken off the market over a period of time. The company creating the chemical is held harmless. In the case of Pharmaceuticals, if the FDA allows the company to be sued it can be sued. This usually only happens if it can be proven that the company withheld information that should have been released. In that case, limited lawsuits for specific known side effects may be allowed. These are expensive lawsuits, the lawyers get very rich and the people do not get much.

This policy is the same with the EPA and all government units.

That is what I have concluded by researching the matter. I may not have all the particulars here but this is how I interpret it. People do not realize that they cannot sue these big corporations most times. So why are Pharmaceuticals so expensive in this country? I have no clue.
edit on 25-4-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954
Hope they can help your nephew.
Lejeune sent me some papers about the different kinds of cancers the water had caused, I'll have to look at them again for Lejeune I disease.
Maybe the VA could help with the prescriptions.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954
I looked again at the papers Lejeune sent me but didn't see one called Lejeune I disease, sorry.
If the parents of your nephew contact camp Lejeune website there might be info there that might help him.
Good luck.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The people at Camp Lejeune were subjected to part per million of trichloroethlylene in the water.

Many of us older veterans used pure trichloroethlylene without any safety equipment to clean part and equipment on a daily bases. we were told was a safe replacement for carbon tet the military had been using.

we can not get any service connected disability from the VA as they claim no health effects on us.

PS trichloroethlylene is now banned at ALL VA hospitals and on all military bases.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=

top topics

join