It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ridley Scott to make series about ancient aliens in Egypt

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
HBO developing Ridley Scott series about ancient aliens in Egypt

For thousands of years, mankind has wondered what the deal is with ancient Egypt. All those pyramids, crazy hats, and cat gods don’t just come out of nowhere. And since the world’s greatest archeologists can’t seem to come up with any answers, we must once again turn to television to solve the mysteries of the universe.

In the wake of Fox’s development of its own sexy Egypt series, Hieroglyph, the latest visionary to chime in with an idea about what the deal is with ancient Egypt is Ridley Scott, who, as reported by Variety, will be directing and executive producing a new project for HBO called Pharaoh. The series was created by David Schulner—who previously created NBC’s Do No Harm (which you might remember as the show about the doctor with a face on his hands)—and it will focus on aliens having some kind of influence on the development of ancient Egypt. They’ll probably do this by wearing crazy hats and telling people how cool cats are, and also maybe they’ll look like giant birds or dogs or whatever other things ancient Egyptians were into.

When I first read this I thought 'Here we go again' but being a guarded skeptical believer I'm hoping for a fresh perspective and new angles. I wonder what he'll try to bring that's new and different to the table? I'm still on the fence about some of the more plausible but still 'Out there' theories on the whole Ancient aliens.

What do you think?
Will this series be something New, Used or over abused?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Looks interesting, can't wait to see it.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

The impression I get is the show will be a drama so I doubt it will bring anything other than more fiction to the AA subject.

Variety and The Hollywood Reporter say Scott has signed on to direct the pilot for an HBO series called Pharaoh, a sort of sci-fi-flavoured sword-and-sandals show that will revolve around “an alternate explanation for the foundation and ascent of the ancient Egyptian empire — one in which greatness was bestowed upon us by beings from another world, calling into question what it means to be a ‘god.’”
www.patheos.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Russell Crowe ... ' pharaoh ' ... ?

I don't - Noah ... ?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Sounds like a prequel to Stargate.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Funny story .... My daughter is in college and took, as her 'other' requirement, an ancient history class that included ancient Egypt. On the first day the Prof asked the class ... 'who built the pyramids?' and then when the hands went up he said 'and it wasn't aliens' ... so a bunch of hands went back down.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

"Being the class clown that I was, I probably would have said something along the lines of "Okay, I admit it...I did it."

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

When I first read this I thought 'Here we go again' but being a guarded skeptical believer I'm hoping for a fresh perspective and new angles. I wonder what he'll try to bring that's new and different to the table? I'm still on the fence about some of the more plausible but still 'Out there' theories on the whole Ancient aliens.

What do you think?
Will this series be something New, Used or over abused?

I'm going with, it's going to be yet another perverted take on the AA theory.

Now on the other hand if Mr. Scott wants to put it all out there, I would like him to focus on a particular Pharaoh and I'd be curious as to what the natural shape of said Pharaoh's head/skull was...
And perhaps how that came to be.

I think Ridley is a wildcard but also part of something that we lesser folk are not so I am curious as to what he would be permitted to put out there. But like I said, whatever it is, even if it runs parallel to the truth, will still not be truth.

Just like Ancient Aliens they are all perversions of the truth being sculpted and fitted as the new control system when the old one falls, all to keep us from truly understanding our past and who WE are. After all that was the purpose of the TV from inception....broadcasting propaganda. Meh, such is life.
edit on 25-4-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Im sure it will be as good as all his other works of fiction. I cant wait to see it.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Ridley Scott is pretty good at turning an alien story into a big success so it'll be worth watching.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
And since the world’s greatest archeologists can’t seem to come up with any answers, we must once again turn to television to solve the mysteries of the universe.

That line right there is why I wont watch it. If archaeologists and scientists can't figure it out, how is a biased TV program going to figure it out. I believe it is going to be the same old stuff as any other tv show.

Now if one of these shows went into detail about how tesla got his Idea for transmitting free wireless energy around the world from the Great Pyramid....... Then I might watch it.

But this is most likely going to be the same regurgitated garbage that we have seen in all those bs shows on history and truetv etc.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Will everyone have normal haircuts in this one?

I like anything theory about Egypt, the country is fascinating, so regardless of how it resembles AA, I'll give it a thumbs up for attempting new ideas of a mysterious (to me) civilization.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
well as one who does have an open mind when it comes to possible past alien life on Mars that may or may not be related to our own Earth, and if Ridley Scott is behind it, then I will for sure give it a whirl.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Wonder if this show will be rated MA, like most other successful HBO shows.

Now, that would be show worth watching... aliens or no aliens...

Interesting, thank you for sharing.
edit on 25-4-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Funny story .... My daughter is in college and took, as her 'other' requirement, an ancient history class that included ancient Egypt. On the first day the Prof asked the class ... 'who built the pyramids?' and then when the hands went up he said 'and it wasn't aliens' ... so a bunch of hands went back down.

The fact that said professor used the word 'aliens' shows he is prejudice!

I can guarantee that any theory as to how the great pyramid was built is uncorroborated by mainstream archaeology.

Sure, there are plausible explanations on how all the other pyramids were built, and im not arguing with that. But with the theories regarding the great pyramid, a professor of history would be spewing ignorance if he were to make assumptions about the great pyramid construction!

One needs not only a lifetime of education in the field of archaeology, but also in ancient history, architecture, chemistry, biology and physics, astrology, astronomy etc. to fully grasp the reality of this ancient wonder we know as the great pyramid.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Looking forward to this. I just hope it's not as poorly produced or anachronistic as The Mummy franchise, or God forbid, the Scorpion King movies.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
Sounds like a prequel to Stargate.

Yeah, I think Stargate SG1 and Atlantis covered this pretty well.. RA and the Goa'uld built up Egypt and enslaved them to mine ore... (don't think earth had naquadah)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

what I meant to say was that based on my opinions that there may have been ancient alien life on Mars, which may or may not have been related to past alien life here, and if Ridley Scott wants to do a program based on ancient aliens, thats a show I will watch.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This will be interesting. I never understood how or why a civilization would purposely settle in a place so barren, although it is feasible considering the Nile river is there. But I still think that when the land was initially settled things were lush and tropical, and rainfall was had regularly. I think the Sphinx has weathering patterns that suggest as much as well, although I am not that well-versed on the issue. I know some archaeologists have stated the same thing though.

I do not believe in the whole idea of Egyptians and aliens, or advanced technology, as I think things are much simpler than that. But despite this simplicity, the simplicity of an ancient culture that was highly advanced for their own time, it seems there are still a lot of things we do not know. And it doesn't help matters that those in charge in the area seem to keep certain things secret. They may not do this often, but I believe there are pieces of evidence that have been found which may indicate something that is contrary to what we have been told regarding ancient Egyptians and their society.
edit on 4/25/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

..25 years ago or so, I had a history professor talking about Ancient Aliens and suggesting Zecharia Sitchin for some informative reading. He recommended The 12th planet which I ran out and got right away which I still have somewhere on a bookshelf. As much of a skeptical butthead as I am today, he was one of the most interesting teachers I ever had and it was one of the most entertaining history classes that I can remember.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join