It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANOTHER university stops students from handing out Constitution

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

.. stale fake news red herring...

..at this juncture in history, its known.. if people were allowed to ignore the rules by virtue of anointing themselves to be "special" .. Animal House hilarity would ensue.

Zealots, clowns, and other assorted infowar casualties who sold their objectivity.. would insist their message is special too...and defile campus with dogma droppings.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
We see this everywhere. Fear, control, education. Fear is extremely compelling, and often when we are afraid, we attempt to control the situation. The anti-dote is education. I believe we as idividuals are all guilty of this to some degree. I know I am. Funny thing about fear, even when I become aware of it in my life, I don't always want to deal with. The answer ios always education, but one cannot educate those unwilling to be educated.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: lifeaftercheckmate
We see this everywhere. Fear, control, education. Fear is extremely compelling, and often when we are afraid, we attempt to control the situation. The anti-dote is education. I believe we as idividuals are all guilty of this to some degree. I know I am. Funny thing about fear, even when I become aware of it in my life, I don't always want to deal with. The answer ios always education, but one cannot educate those unwilling to be educated.

I tend to view the reluctance as a form of xenophobia. It's far easier to see the world through the presented lens, where uniformity of view means acceptance and is comfortable. To take the time to examine an alternate view from the normative is to willfully set oneself apart from the whole--this can, depending on the individual, lead to discomfort or even a sense of danger that may not exist as education may actually cause other feelings to arise such as betrayal, shame, guilt, and more. I'd say that the tendency is that we fear changes to our particular world views, especially in those views that we have vested a great deal of ourselves in. To see and learn differently is to set oneself apart from the many and what human doesn't fear being alone?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

I would agree with that. And change is uncomfortable to some degree. This is completely natural and to be expected. Who really likes to be isolated, after all? Not many. Knowing "the truth" with absolute certainty is safe. The ones who grow are the ones willing to be uncomfortable.
edit on 4/5/1414 by lifeaftercheckmate because: typo

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: lifeaftercheckmate

Exactly. I think that people are aware that there are things that go on that are outside of their knowledge or accepted view. They may have a little dissonance now and then but instead, will turn away to normalize the world back out. I cannot blame them in the slightest nor do I resent them for it. Ignorance is bliss. I can totally relate to that as it's not easy to take that alternate view. Not easy at all.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

It makes me think of Thomas Hardy who writes of having his faith torn from him. Thomas Hardy who says, "Give me truth even if it be despair. I wished often that I could go back to Knowing For Sure, but not so much these days. I always did ask too many questions. That's my wiring. I try not to think myself superior to those who have no desire to question. Usually it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Ego is insidious.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: lifeaftercheckmate

Agreed. In fact, I've found that the best tactic in my personal hunts for information is not simply to question everything but to also make sure to always question myself, frequently and as objectively as possible. I think most of the time people get led astray by their own biases and ideologies. That makes truth subjective. The other big thing? Being able to say "I don't know".

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Quite! If I am not honest with myself about myself, how am I to find truth, subjective, objective, or otherwise? I like what you say about saying I don't know. Ego is the main hurdle to not only truth, but to growth, relationships, serenity, and etcetera.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join