It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello my name is GABRIEL I need your help!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: blupblup fine once again dont insult the guy but what is the best course of action once its determined the op is not mentally competent? Solutions people not criticism

#1 ) Don't judge them immediately.

#2 ) Listen to them.

#3 ) Think about it and determine what's wrong.

#4 ) Determine route of attempted solution for specific issue.

#5 ) Make attempts

#6 ) Note what failed, correct strategy and tactics to accommodate

#7 ) Try again

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

a reply to: blupblup fine once again dont insult the guy but what is the best course of action once its determined the op is not mentally competent? Solutions people not criticism

Unless a mod chooses to close a thread. It's an internet forum. People will respond how they feel. I guess it could be made a requirement to be a member here, we all get degrees in psychology 101. But, that is not realistic.

As I've said, I have alerted threads where I personally feel the OP is a danger to themselves or others. If that is not seen as the case here, I really don't know what to do. I'm not a a Doctor of any kind, and don't see myself as being able to administer any kind of mental aid to anyone.

How many times have we seen threads, where people have tried to talk another into seeking mental help. We have no clue about anyone's living situation, nor what they may be being treated for at the time. They come here and post a thread based on what they are thinking.
We reply based on the same criteria. I'm not posting on ATS as a member of a mental health team, trained under the same guidelines as a certified Doctor. It's the internet.

ATS is an internet forum...not a mental health facility.

Des

edit on 25-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Please tell me how this plan equates to better mental health? In my experience a person has to a either recognize there is a problem and seek professional help. Or b. Become admitted by family or friends but ultimately choice a. Will only equal better mental health

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Agreed des from this position there is not much we can offer to help. I already suggested to him he needs to seek help and thats the best you can do. But being in good humor considering the content is not a character flaw and dose not require thought police

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

So eat that popcorn.
Don't Choke on it, lol.

I was actually really enjoying reading this thread until it got derailed by someone dishing out lessons in principals and morality...

Hopefully when the OP comes back from work and I wake up tomorrow morning this thread will still be open if some teeth gnashing person does not complain beforehand to the moderation staff and get it closed... (if the complaint(s) hasn't or haven't already been done?) and I can catch up with the discussion which was the main topic and not the derailed one that it has become whilst having some more popcorn... yuk... popcorn for breakfast???

Right, back to my pizza.

Have a great day/evening/afternoon folks.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 25/4/14 by Rodinus because: Word added

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Right - yall sure are tough when it comes to making fun of the OP.

But when someone actually tough shows up ?
Oh it's so unfair, he should leave the thread it's so derailed now.

Derailed from the gang bang maybe!

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior
I'm thinking he meant the 29th. Hopefully the thread will stay open until then

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus

I was actually really enjoying reading this thread until it got derailed by someone dishing out lessons in principals and morality...

I am pleased that I ruined it for you.
Anyone who gets off on stuff like this needs a rude awakening.

Morality is more important than enjoying one's self at other's expense anyways.
Isn't it?

I'm glad you agree.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Right - yall sure are tough when it comes to making fun of the OP.

But when someone actually tough shows up ?
Oh it's so unfair, he should leave the thread it's so derailed now.

Derailed from the gang bang maybe!

Muzzle...I say this with kindness. I've noticed you jumping into threads and preaching your way a lot recently. I think you view yourself as a prophet, in some ways. You like to preach about the war and how we all need to ban together to win it.

Have you ever thought, that maybe, my war is not your war? That you are so convinced you are right in what you think, you've lost the ability to see others as individuals, not an extension of yourself?

We are from all over this fine grand globe called earth. From different cultures, backgrounds, and life experiences. We don't fit into your, one size fits all, mold. Get over it, is all I can say to you. All you are doing is making yourself more miserable, in attempting to control many people you know nothing about.

Des

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus

I am pleased that I ruined it for you.
Anyone who gets off on stuff like this needs a rude awakening.

Morality is more important than enjoying one's self at other's expense anyways.
Isn't it?

I'm glad you agree.

Your point of view is respected and understood and I am happy that you are pleased in thinking that you have ruined this thread for me...

This thread CERTAINLY isn't ruined at all...

Thank you for trying to get a message over to this unmoral person without principals typing a message back to you.

Anyway, I apologise but I would like to go and spend some quality time with my family now and hopefully come back to this thread tomorrow when the OP gets back (If the thread is still here of course?)

Whatever Muzzleflash...

I am not going to add any extra coal to the fire here in order that you can continue, so please excuse me if I do not respond to whatever comment you will respond back to for this post.

I sincerely enjoy and appreciate reading most of your threads and posts but sorry I am not sitting on your sofa on this one.

Enjoy your day here.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 25/4/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase changed

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Well said des

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I can handle your criticisms.
So direct them here rather than the OP.

In fact, you are welcome to U2U me anything negative you want. Anyone can. I will not hold it against you because I know you are a great person and are struggling in your own life and I will never blame you for any of it. I'll only offer my hand to help, even if sometimes you don't like it or reject it initially.

What matters is we realizing what's right from wrong and how to deal with our own personal issues rather than taking them out on the weakest among us. Rather than beating someone down we can lift each other up together positively.

My entire point of coming in here was to take that flak off the OP so he can say what he wants without all of the character judgments constantly keeping him on the defensive. It wasn't him at all with the problem, it was half the community that has the mental problem. It's called being a jerk, I consider it one of the worst illnesses around.

I don't care if he thinks he is Abraham Lincoln, he's a wonderful person who cares about others and desperately wants to find friends and a place in the world where they feel they belong. They need to be treated like the amazing person they are, not like some whack-job who is hopeless and deserves only ridicule and a straight jacket.

I may not be able to cure this disease yet on a whim, but you gotta admit I can redirect it to myself with ease.
If that's the best I can achieve , than so be it. I can handle it.

I really am not bothered if you all want to judge me and say "you must think you're a this or that", because I know it's just silly and meaningless. All that matters is for what I am saying to break through, and it will, soon enough.

Soon enough you will realize that there is no need to fear anyone else at all. That it is you who you truly fear, and only you. That everything we said today was from inside of us, not from the outside.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

By the way, the amount of stars you received for your very negative comment proves to me I made the right choice today.
It proves I am against the flow of the river, and that is where I belong otherwise I'll drown.

Don't get me wrong, I don't favor that. It sucks.
But I can't exist any other way. Sorry about that.
It is what it is, lol.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I have no battle with you Muzzle...just stop trying to paint me with your agenda.

Des

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

So your right. Because most believe your wrong wow never thought of that superior holy position im gonna have to Incorporate that into my play book
edit on 25-4-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

I have no battle with you Muzzle...just stop trying to paint me with your agenda.

Des

Than how are we even debating anything?
No one forced you to respond to my comments.

It's because you needed me as much today as I needed you.
It's clear as day.

It's not like you aren't teaching me something as well.
You are teaching me a lot. And I am sincerely sorry if I offended you.

But what about the OP? Don't his feelings matter too? I think they do, a lot.
edit on 4/25/2014 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This is what I got when I turned on my radio SERIOUSLY! ! ! ! lmao!

So Gabriel: What's your er......interpritation on THIS? lol!

or

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

So your right. Because most believe your wrong wow never thought of that superior holy position im gonna have to Incorporate that into my play book

This isn't a scientific debate.
It's subjective morality.

And yes, the masses typically are wrong about what is acceptable ethically.
Eg: Govt, Corps, Mob mentality, War, etc

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I never apologized to you for anything Muzzle...don't know where you pulled that idea from. And I have no intention of apologizing to anyone in this thread. Sorry you think I should, that is your problem, not mine.

You my dear, I classify as a fanatic. I don't know if I'd go so far as to call it a mental issue with you, as I don't have that kind of training to make that call.

Good luck on your quest to gather and build the muzzleflash do good, be like me, see like me, army...I won't be wearing your team colors....count me out.

Des

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join