It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello my name is GABRIEL I need your help!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
a reply to: muzzleflash

How do you know its not a joke at our expense or simply trolling? The OP doesn't take constructive criticism and instead threatens to spite people....

I think your frustration is misplaced.

Who cares if they are trolling?
Bringing one's self down to this level is embarrassing.

At least for me it would be.
I wouldn't partake in that behavior even if you offered me 15$ an hour.

Standing by Morals is worth more than any of this nonsense.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

How do you know its not a joke at our expense or simply trolling? The OP doesn't take constructive criticism and instead threatens to spite people....

I think your frustration is misplaced.

Who cares if they are trolling?
Bringing one's self down to this level is embarrassing.

At least for me it would be.
I wouldn't partake in that behavior even if you offered me 15$ an hour.

Standing by Morals is worth more than any of this nonsense.

You are right, I agree this thread is total nonsense.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

No, I don't think so. WE, and I mean anyone who reads this thread, can take it for what it's worth, to them. If you feel the need to pull out your ruler and start slapping hands for us not thinking and acting like you, that is not my problem.

As you well know Muzzleflash. We get a lot of threads like this on ATS. Sometimes they appear at a time of stress in the world, and members may find a bit of relief in sharing humor. It's not anyone's place to say how we can react to muddled thoughts presented by someone we don't even know, on an internet forum.

Would you prefer we all say to the OP...yes, you make total sense...we believe every word you say, just to make you feel just and right? It doesn't work that way. What if, something one of us posted, did shine a light on an issue an OP had. Would you take that away from them, in your attempts to placate them?

We all dance to the drum beat we hear. It may not be your drum we dance to, but we do dance. Do you understand that.

Des

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Look the guy clearly needs professional help. He came to wrong place, I cant blame the community for taking humour in this. Who was it who said life is either a tragedy or comedy?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

So because there are a lot of complete nonsense threads on ATS, all moral implications that we treat others with respect and kindness are now null and void? It's funny or entertaining when someone with problems is spit on as a result of their problems?

No it's not funny.
People should reach out to help them positively.
Like explaining to them why they are wrong with reason or logic.
If they ignore that, than ignore them.

There is no justification for belittling someone who is suffering from severe problems like this.
They need our help and love, not us to make a mockery of their plight.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Look the guy clearly needs professional help. He came to wrong place, I cant blame the community for taking humour in this. Who was it who said life is either a tragedy or comedy?

So because you unprofessionally diagnose the OP, you now have full rights to talk down on them as a person/individual?

No.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Then I suggest YOU take on the mission of loving and helping them via u2u. Stop trying to mold us into mini-mussleflashes.

Des

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

There was a similar thread (actually several) recently with a member seeing all kinds of beings in clouds and they claimed they were being followed too, and everyone was talking about them in the street etc.
I think ATS needs to be a lot firmer with this kind of thing.
There are people out there (and on here) who have serious mental health issues and I don't think ridicule and cyber bullying is the best way to deal with it.

It's sad and nasty to see.

We all get carried away and think it's fun to ridicule the "troll" and the loony.... but sometimes it is someone with real issues.
And it is a real person. People forget that because all they see is writing on a screen.
edit on 25/4/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Fine, enjoy picking on the weak.
Enjoy spitting on those who are ill.

When I went to school we were taught to treat the "less fortunate" group with more respect than we do each other.
Sadly I can tell this lesson was not taught to the majority here.

So eat that popcorn.
Don't Choke on it, lol.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

There are people out there (and on here) who have serious mental health issues and I don't think ridicule and cyber bullying is the best way to deal with it.

It's sad and nasty to see.

Thanks.

Yeah I believe we are in a perfect position to help these folks.
But as said, bullying isn't the route to success.

I realize it's a difficult issue, and dealing with someone with problems can take years. I understand that. Usually I avoid threads like this, although I do tend to at least read them. I just am getting to a point where I want to see a change in the community and the way we treat others. I want to see better because I know we can do better.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

There have been times I have alerted staff on a thread where I felt the OP was possibly a danger to themselves or others. We are an internet forum of hundreds of thousands of users. We are not a therapy support group, though there have been plenty of threads where someone has asked for help, and those who felt supportive did what they could.

I don't understand how we can be expected to react in only one certain way, to anyone who presents themselves as not quite on an even keel. Who is to be the judge of how we should react in those situations.

Des

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bowski3502

Well....if I can have everything I want and YOU are already living the Dream so to speak, why would you need MY help ? Seems you can do anything you need on your own and wouldn't need me nor anyone else for anything.

A simple alignment of the stars does not change who we are nor will it change those we surround ourselves with. Enlightenment is not the answer to our troubles as the "human condition" is much deeper than the stars and a simple outlook on life.

No amount of enlightenment will change the human condition, there will always be the same problems, the same trails and tribulations as that is what makes us enlightened...that is how we grow...when one has everything you in reality have nothing

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Definitely mate, totally agree.
I think ATS used to make a big deal out of civility and decorum, and now.... not so much.
Obviously we can battle and insult people in political and religious threads etc, but those people can take it, it's a fair battle.
Picking on someone who is losing their grip on sanity or who has other mental health issues is not cool.... not funny either.

And it's pretty offensive and disgraceful to read.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
Stop trying to mold us into mini-mussleflashes.

I'm trying to mold yall into full fledged variants of your own designs.
Teaching strategy and tactics so we can win the war together.

And I will never stop until Victory.
And you know that.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I get no kick out of belittling or hurting this person and I do have quite a bit of psychology under my belt even some college hell my sister is a sports and child psychologist so I do feel hes bi polar and having a manic episode. But what do you suppose we do? Offer solutions rather than criticism against your fellow members. Any suggestions?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
a reply to: blupblup

We are not a therapy support group, though there have been plenty of threads where someone has asked for help, and those who felt supportive did what they could.

No but we are human beings?
Just because we're online doesn't mean we just turn on each other and become trolls.
We should hold ourselves to a higher standard.

As I said, I am guilty, just like everyone else, of arguing with and insulting people.... but when you know you're dealing with someone who perhaps isn't in the best shape (mentally) then take a step back and think about it.

I don't understand how we can be expected to react in only one certain way, to anyone who presents themselves as not quite on an even keel. Who is to be the judge of how we should react in those situations.

Des

There is not one certain way... people can approach it from different angles but when it starts to feel/seem like group bullying or harassment then I think it's gone too far.

I'd say the owners would be the judge of it if ones own moral compass isn't enough

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: bowski3502So here goes... what if I told you that you can have everything you wanted out of life and MORE?

WELL YOU CAN DUMMY!

IM SERIOUS AS A HEARTBEAT FOLKS..... im already doing it.

Since you're already "doing it" I expect that you will very soon be able to not use your cell phone as an excuse for not posting pertinent information. I also eagerly anticipate your inevitable 15 minute spot at 2 AM on Comedy Central or Adult Swim about the meaning of life as you see it.

KUTGW "Gabriel". BTW, why do you nutjobs always name yourself after angels?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Besides I think the last 3 pages are all off topic page drift...

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup fine once again dont insult the guy but what is the best course of action once its determined the op is not mentally competent? Solutions people not criticism

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

but when you know you're dealing with someone who perhaps isn't in the best shape (mentally) then take a step back and think about it.

Personally I think that treating or insinuating someone as being mentally ill is also quite insulting when in fact maybe they are not?

Some people may be right here, some people maybe wrong

Unless proven otherwise, none of us here are fully qualified psychiatrists?

This is in the gray area don't forget?

Point finale...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 25/4/14 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join