It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Virgin Indonesian Plane Hijacked (25th April 2014)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
...Well That Plane Ain't a Virgin Anymore...

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Good fir bali and Indonesia. Since the bombings in bali a decade ago they have had very tight security there.

Basically the people if bali ain't taking no more #%^*! From terrorists.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere
Some drunk banging on a door is to hijacking as cheap pick-up line in the bar is to rape. Once upon a time these things were not what they are today. We're all hysterical helpless victims and anyone or anything at all that functions in any way we are not explicitly predicting it to function frightens us and makes us cry.

With all due respect, given that a plane can have several hundred people aboard that's a considerable loss of life, and when combined with the potential for more loss of life on the ground, it's perfectly rational to have an abundance of caution when someone it pounding on a cockpit door.

I have a feeling you would feel completely differently were you to one day find yourself on a plane with hundreds of people while a drunk person bangs on the door of the cockpit. I doubt very much that you would consider anything you did as a result of that as an "overreaction".
edit on 25-4-2014 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: lifttheveil

That isn't how it was reported here and I'm willing to bet we got it quicker here in Australia. Sorry for having an attitude before, it's a bad habit I'm yet to overcome. Thanks for the thread.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Sorry, but no. Just let the drunk bang until he passes out or he gets punched out by me or another passenger.

There are greater chances the pilot had a few too many before the flight or is running off 3 hours sleep for the past 36 hours and poses a far greater risk to the passengers than some idiot banging on a door he cant get through anyway.
edit on 25-4-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Before they had security doors on flight deck, there would be stories of bleary-eyed drunks wandering in through the flight-deck door, walking up to the chair where the flight engineer would sit and just urinate on the chair or control panel and walk out again.

This dude went up to the door, thought someone had been there for the entire duration of the flight and demand that they move out so he could get in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join