It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman calls 911 to report a sun halo as a UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Hilarious..

Another UFO believer...and they wonder why they can never be taken seriously.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Hmmmm...I watched the video twice and never once heard her say it was a UFO. Can you tell us at what point in the recording she stated that? She said repeatedly that it was something she had never seen before, but aliens and UFO's were not mentioned, as far as I could tell. You can hear in her voice that she's an older lady and quite astounded at what she was seeing. To a person who has never seen a solar halo before and suddenly looks up at the sky and sees one, I would imagine it would be pretty scary indeed. Especially in light of all the anomalous weather and natural disasters the planet has been subjected to of late. If my grandmother saw something like that she probably would have called 911 too. Nothing seems "hilarious" about it at all...just an old lady not knowing what she was looking at. The lame attempt at mocking "UFO believers" though? I'll give you a D+ for effort...and that's me being generous.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Another frail attempt at baiting. What is the point of this thread? Or are you just trolling? Hmm? Because I didn't hear the woman mention any UFOs at all... weird, huh?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Another UFO believer...and they wonder why they can never be taken seriously. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The definition of UFO.

Hopefully you meant believer in Extra-Terrestrial life instead?

I wish people researched a lot more, take the time to do so because "UFO's" are very real, and even your governments have spent a very lot of your money confirming it behind your backs for over a Century.

Research is the key to this topic, not one's own opinion.

Start with a few of ATS member IsaacKoi's threads to start researching, or don't it's entirely down to you to do the work.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
How could she of never seen a Sun Halo?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

The same way some people have never seen an eclipse, or a Blood Moon, or a shooting star. It might surprise you how many people simply don't look up.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

The same way this woman never noticed that sprayed water in sunlight could create rainbows:

edit on 4/25/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Hysterical. I have a question for her: what did you expect them to do about it?

If it's something she has never seen before (look around once in a while lady) and she was sincerely concerned what did she expect anyone 911 could possibly connect her with to do about what she was seeing?

Firemen could shoot their hoses into the air? Cops could shoot their guns into the air? Paramedics could pump her full of narcotics to take the fear away?

Sometimes I'm convinced that there is another species out there that though they appear human they lack the same processing power as real humans and function simply as an articulating, talking vegetable with no capacity to remember, observe or learn. Cautionary note: these people often work preparing the food you eat or driving the buses you ride.

Nothing makes the hair on my neck stand like trying to interact with one of these people then watching them get behind the wheel of a motor vehicle and drive away haphazardly piloting their 1 ton missile down the same avenues you or I frequent.

Their stupidity is dangerous.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

come on man, she even sounds elderly. she could have mental disability's, be on medication, A plethora of reasons. I say it again this kind of immature bile was never on the old ATS.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

The same way this woman never noticed that sprayed water in sunlight could create rainbows:

HAARP.

In the ground water.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01

come on man, she even sounds elderly. she could have mental disability's, be on medication, A plethora of reasons. I say it again this kind of immature bile was never on the old ATS.

She may never have seen one in Florida.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
No flags or stars; I wonder why? lol

At least 911 is getting a break from the people calling to report that they didn't get any mustard on their chicken sandwich! I'd be willing to bet that this woman is slipping a little bit.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

No flags or stars; I wonder why? lol

Because it is complete garbage and doesn't warrant any.
2nd.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I can easily relate. I have a friend here from the Philippines and sometime last year, her family over there send her pictures of the Sun not acting normal. They had taken pictures and sent them to her.

After she asked me if I knew anything about what they could possibly have seen, I asked her to show me the pics. Once she did, I showed her Sun halos on google and she then forwarded the link back to her family.

They weren't panicking to the point of calling 9-11 lol but worried just the same.

ATS is where I learned about Sun halos.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

Nothing makes the hair on my neck stand like trying to interact with one of these people then watching them get behind the wheel of a motor vehicle and drive away haphazardly piloting their 1 ton missile down the same avenues you or I frequent.

Their stupidity is dangerous.

There is a marked difference between being elderly and not able to identify something that one has never seen before in their lifetime and being "stupid". You can mock all you like but one day, you too will be old and feeble...and the object of someone's arrogance and derision.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I have never seen a sun halo before. I have seen them around the moon, but never around the sun.

Do they occur more in certain areas or climates? Certain weather conditions?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

I have never seen a sun halo before. I have seen them around the moon, but never around the sun.

I've never seen one either, aside from photos on the internet. And I look at the sky all the time. I know lots of people who have never actually witnessed one.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It seems left open as to what she thought it was, she never said anything other than a circle. These sun dogs/22° Halo are becoming common...at least out my way. (TN)
Here is one I videoed awhile back, one of many!

*Also worth noting* I always wear rather dark sunglasses which is why I see them often. When someone is riding with me they usually don't see it until I say "here put my sunglasses on and look."
edit on 25-4-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

top topics

join