It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Day Shift or Night Shift?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
When it comes to your activity on ATS are you Day Shift or are you Night Shift?

Me? I'm definitely night shift. Don't get me wrong I am on during the day but I have a pretty severe sleeping disorder and can rarely fall asleep before 5 a.m.

The day shift is definitely busier than the night shift, which seems odd to me to be honest. With a site like ATS one may harbor images of a scruffy man with a cigarette hanging languidly upon his lower lip sipping coffee from a chipped Garfield mug. Well, at least that's how I assume most folk envision "conspiracy buffs". Hahaha... they are probably right in some cases I'd wager.

The dayshift, however, is when most of the more high-brow work is contributed to the site... not that the night shift is low-brow just... yeah... ah, but the dayshift.

Well, whatever shift it is you work on the Mothership ATS, keep it up crew! And while you're here have one on me...

Just remember, the chipped Garfield mug is mine!

edit on Cam1Friday5020141730Fri, 25 Apr 2014 01:50:17 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: cannot abide a typo

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

With a site like ATS one may harbor images of a scruffy man with a cigarette hanging languidly upon his lower lip sipping coffee from a chipped Garfield mug.

Ridiculous, here's my current passport picture. See no Garfield cup in sight.

I defy anyone to profile us on ATS.

ETA - As far as day or night I simply log on whenever I wake up and log off whenever it's time to shut everything down.
edit on 355am1414am22014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I tend to be pretty flexible where that sort of thing is concerned. I post periodically throughout the day, and I do stay up pretty late sometimes, till about two or later, posting and reading. Last night for example, I was up till two thirty or so because it was humid, and was on ATS for most of that time.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Your teeth are immaculate Bassago. Color me green with envy.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Your teeth are immaculate Bassago. Color me green with envy.

Hey thanks. Those came with the new super duper obamacare dental plan. Deductible was a little high and I had to sell my kidney and first born to cover it but what the heck.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Yeah, it was totally worth it.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Night shift.
We own the night. (In reference to a movie I haven't seen)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Like keyboard ninjas we stalk the shadowed corners of ATS, swords in hand prepared to die in battle for the honor of our Liege lord should any enemy strike. We own the night.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Oh I can't function on days I hate it so much I'm sure I was born at night I am so alive and when I work during the day I can't pull round in an ideal world we should all do what makes us happy but I'm afraid it's not and we have to battle on 👍

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
a reply to: rockintitz

Like keyboard ninjas we stalk the shadowed corners of ATS, swords in hand prepared to die in battle for the honor of our Liege lord should any enemy strike. We own the night.

Like random nerds, we struggle to find the inconsistencies of another argument.
WE FIGHT! Because we own the night.

It seems a new ally I have made
yoda style.
edit on 25-4-2014 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: brutal

So true!

I have such a hard time functioning in modern society simply because I am a nighthawk.

Or maybe I'm a vampire?

Nah...

I'm not a vampire. Trust me.

Is it me or is it bright in here?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Well done and F/S! This is simultaneously as general and crucial
as a thread can get without debate.
Of course you're already cleared to attack me into Catatonia
(a good 50 Km from here) for coming on whenever I'm conscious
and curious at the same time.

My sleeping disorder is more structured: being a semiretired
Half@$$ed Hat-Rack and full time ( -ine ) addict my internal clock
has now compressed to the point you may encounter one of
my posts anytime during the day or night. I just log off when I'm
exhausted and come back when I need vehement and vicious
chastising-- just about all the time, really.

PS the stimulants described are all normally occurring compounds
contained in foodstuffs; and coffee in a hospital flagon big enough
for transferring Dumbo's bedpan. Tastes like it sometimes too....

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

You say the day shift is busier than the night shift........but maybe your night shift is my day shift.
Members here post from all over the globe which makes it impossible to define night and day...right?

I am a day person, I like to get up early and I'm usually in bed by 2300.....I call it beauty sleep! lol

S&F

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I may check what's happening at any time of the day.
But I'm forced to work on the night shift when presenting threads, because most of my potential readers are in the wrong time zones.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I work nights. I also come to ATS at night. Most of the time, while at work.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I may check what's happening at any time of the day.
But I'm forced to work on the night shift when presenting threads, because most of my potential readers are in the wrong time zones.

What is the right time zone?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Day shift here. I'm a wee bit obsessive compulsive about catching up anything I missed from the night shift with my first cup of coffee. Keep checking the boards throughout the day and generally offline early evening.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb
The right time zone would be one in which the inhabitants are awake at the same time as me.
If you're looking to respond to replies promptly, this is important.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I do not think that prompt reply is nearly as valuable as a reply of good quality. That is why I tend to comment on more social threads if I am tired, and leave commenting on more factually specific matters until I am at the peak of my intellectual capacity. Some say that I should give it up entirely, if that is indeed my intention, implying in so saying that either my peak is long past, or not likely to come about any time soon.

Humility prevents me from militating against such scurrilous comments as these, but not from laughing at them

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Usually between 9am-2am UK time...
So roughly 4am-11pm US time!!!

Great idea for a thread S&F!!!
Will be good to see who the regulars are who I share a timeline with!!!

With a site like ATS one may harbor images of a scruffy man with a cigarette hanging languidly upon his lower lip

Damn that's accurate

Peace Cagliostro!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join